Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Director loan to company - Sample document

Options
  • 03-11-2016 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi,

As director of my limited company, I am making a director loan to the company.

I wrote the document below. Could you advice if it contains all the required mandatory information please?

The parts in italic need to be replaced by the actual names and values.
    DIRECTOR_NAMES, directors of COMPANY_NAME Ltd (“the company”) hereby approve a director loan of an amount of €AMOUNT from DIRECTOR_NAME to the company at an interest rate of zero percent. The company shall repay this loan within a period of one year.

Regards,
    John.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

Hi

The Companies Act 2014 states that in a case where a director makes a loan to the company and the terms of the loan are ambigous or not clear then the loan is presumed to be a gift to the company.

There are no mandatory terms to be included but the fact that the documentation is itself only a two line paragraph may mean that there is insufficient detail describing the arrangement. If it was a commercial loan arrangement there would probably be more conditions specified.

dbran

• Registered Users Posts: 15 johnsmith6256

Thanks. I will look for a regular loan agreement template.

Advertisement