Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you care about Trophies?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jayisplay

lertsnim wrote: »
    If I really like a game I will go for it. I have 47 of them so far.

Want chance you can list them, I'm curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭jones

lertsnim wrote: »
    If I really like a game I will go for it. I have 47 of them so far.

That's incredible what trophy level are you? A lot higher than my 14 I can bet

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

The only time I really cared about trophies was in Assassin's Creed 2 on PS3, having 95% of the trophies and only needing the 100 feathers to platinum the game, the file became corrupt resulting in a furious rage.

I've platinums on Skyrim and Uncharted 4 and a high enough % on Last of Us and Fallout 4 but I enjoyed those games so much I put in serious hours into them.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

I first got into them when Fallout 3 first came out and I just got my PS3. I viewed the trophy list as a to-do and I wanted to experience everything that was in the game. That was in 2010 so I've been actively trophy hunting for 6 years now and I've managed 168 Platinums, I know some people on 200 & 300 though and there's a legit guy on over 1,000 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Klair88 wrote: »
    I first got into them when Fallout 3 first came out and I just got my PS3. I viewed the trophy list as a to-do and I wanted to experience everything that was in the game. That was in 2010 so I've been actively trophy hunting for 6 years now and I've managed 168 Platinums, I know some people on 200 & 300 though and there's a legit guy on over 1,000 now.

:O

Holy shít, I don't care about them personally this gen or last gen, but that's extreme dedication, well done!

I dont even think I have 1 Platinum, lol...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

GavRedKing wrote: »
    The only time I really cared about trophies was in Assassin's Creed 2 on PS3, having 95% of the trophies and only needing the 100 feathers to platinum the game, the file became corrupt resulting in a furious rage.

I've platinums on Skyrim and Uncharted 4 and a high enough % on Last of Us and Fallout 4 but I enjoyed those games so much I put in serious hours into them.

Is that 100 feathers trophy tough too get?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Is that 100 feathers trophy tough too get?

Nah, just takes a while. If I remember right you can buy maps to show their location on the map, but once you get to that point (which can only be done by running around the cities) you still have to climb around the building looking for where the feather actually is.

It's not difficult, just takes a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jayisplay

Are you serious , holy **** and I thought my 10 was a lot haha.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,453 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I kind of cared about Xbox achievements. Not anymore though. Some games get achievements right, Geometry Wars 2 was excellent in this regard and the crazy achievements in Dead Rising were so much fun to try and get. Now most of them are just find the collectibles and I can't be bothered chasing them because they are just busy work and aren't fun in the slightest.

Now playstation trophies, I just don't give a crap about. The reason for this is the awful way the system is implemented. Achievements were implemented into the Xbox OS from the start so checking achievements was quick and easy and they loaded near instantly. Trophy's are just a complete hack job. If I go to look at my trophies or someone else's I end up quitting out of the system before they get a chance to load because it just takes so long. It's such an awfully coded and implemented system. As a result I don't even think about them and have the notification system turned off because they are just handled so badly.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Do you need multiple playthroughs too get the karma trophies in fo3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭jones

This is exactly why I started the thread. When trophies first came out I was doing what you said view them as a to do list of whatever game it is. I still see them that way but just don't have the time to dedicate to replaying a whole game for the sake of one trophy.

I think I need a week off work sick really bash them out of it haha

• Registered Users Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭Penn

jones wrote: »
    I think I need a week off work sick really bash them out of it haha

That's the main reason I have the Batman Arkham Asylum and City Platinums. Was off work sick and mostly bed-bound for two weeks, so used going for the platinums on both to pass the time and give me something to do. I'd never really bothered with the challenge rooms before that as any time I'd tried I felt the goals were almost impossible. By the end of the two weeks... I was Batman :D

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Do you need multiple playthroughs too get the karma trophies in fo3?

For what I remember you could play with good karma and make a save before getting the trophy, earn the good karma trophy and then reload and kill innocents/steal to get bad karma and get the trophy for being bad.

Making strategic saves and looking up non-spoiler info on trophy websites really help cut the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

I love getting trophies because I generally try to get as close to 100% as I can, but it's really hard. I currently only have 3 platinums for
    Jak and Daxter
    Sly 1
    Sly2

I'm in the process of getting one on ratchet and clank but the problem is the last trophy I need is to accumulate 1,000,000 bolts. After 4 playthroughs I got a little bored and put it away for a while.

And I love Rayman Legends, absolutely love it to bits, and wanted to platinum it but the ones that I've left are to beat friends in daily challenges and none of my friends play it, and anyone I tried to add from the leaderboards didn't accept my request. Looks like I'm destined to not platinum it.

:(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

CliCliW wrote: »
    I'm in the process of getting one on ratchet and clank but the problem is the last trophy I need is to accumulate 1,000,000 bolts. After 4 playthroughs I got a little bored and put it away for a while.

There's a couple of different places that you can farm bolts quickly. Check YouTube for videos.

I'm a big fan of collecting trophies, have 66 platinums so far and a fair few 100% on games with no platinums. I think they add more replay value to a game and an extra challenge. I do hate co-op and online trophies though and if a trophy will take too much time to get I'll just leave it.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

Kingp35 wrote:
    There's a couple of different places that you can farm bolts quickly. Check YouTube for videos.

Sadly I exploited them with poor foresight and only made 150,000 off them and they're only single use tricks. I'm kicking myself over it to be honest. But blasting through the game with the RYNO is great xD

Advertisement