Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Query

Options
  • 03-11-2016 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭

I'm only a new user of a credit card so this is probably a stupid question, but here goes anyway....

I got a bill in the post as usual for €400, everything correct.

Since then I've had €1000 refunded to my card. Does this wipe out the €400 bill or do I need to pay as usual, seeing as they've issued the bill?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

ozzy jr wrote: »
    I'm only a new user of a credit card so this is probably a stupid question, but here goes anyway....

I got a bill in the post as usual for €400, everything correct.

Since then I've had €1000 refunded to my card. Does this wipe out the €400 bill or do I need to pay as usual, seeing as they've issued the bill?
    Hi ozzy jr,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie

I've checked the credit card terms and conditions and they state the following:

"Refunds are not treated as payments made to the Account and therefore will not be reflected in the current statement amount due for settlement. The full amount due on the statement must be settled in the normal manner to ensure you maintain the interest free period and any refund received will be recognised and taken into account in the following Statement." 

In this instance, you would still need to pay the amount showing on your latest statement.

Thanks
    Tara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Thank you Tara. 

Advertisement