Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are eir obliged to reconnect an inactive landline?

Options
  • 03-11-2016 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭

I want to get fibre broadband in and am undecided what provider to use but looking through this forum i think i can rule eir out. However i cant get a staright answer of them avout reconnecting an inactive landline. I can appreciate them trying to sell me packages etc but i just wnat a straight answer, will they reconnect me and how long will it take? Anyone able to shed any light on this? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

I want to get fibre broadband in and am undecided what provider to use but looking through this forum i think i can rule eir out. However i cant get a staright answer of them avout reconnecting an inactive landline. I can appreciate them trying to sell me packages etc but i just wnat a straight answer, will they reconnect me and how long will it take? Anyone able to shed any light on this? Thanks
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Coillte_Bhoy,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]The standard lead time for a new installation is up to 10 working days. If a line is inactive it will be considerably less however sometimes it is just not possible to reactivate an inactive connection due to various factors. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You can check if it is possible to reactivate the line by plugging a phone into the socket & dialling 199000. If the line is insitu an automated voice will call you back the number allocated to the line. When you place your order you will need to advise the agent of this. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Coillte_Bhoy,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]The standard lead time for a new installation is up to 10 working days. If a line is inactive it will be considerably less however sometimes it is just not possible to reactivate an inactive connection due to various factors. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You can check if it is possible to reactivate the line by plugging a phone into the socket & dialling 199000. If the line is insitu an automated voice will call you back the number allocated to the line. When you place your order you will need to advise the agent of this. [/font]

Thanks for your reply. Is there a charge for a reconnection?

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Rockfish

Is there a charge?

For residential connections no Coillte_Bhoy however a contract will apply.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Rockfish wrote: »
    Is there a charge?
    For residential connections no  Rockfish however a contract will apply.

Thanks,
    Pamela

• Advertisement

What do you mean by a contract? Length? Price etc?

What do you mean by a contract? Length? Price etc?
    It would depend on what you opt for Rockfish. You can view the available options here eir Bundles

Thanks,
    Pamela 

It would depend on what you opt for Rockfish. You can view the available options here eir Bundles

Thanks,
    Pamela 
    so let me get this straight. Eir are telling me that in order to get my line reconnected i have to purchase one of eir's bundles? What if i dont want any of them? I just want my line reconnected.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Thanks,
    Pamela 
    so let me get this straight. Eir are telling me that in order to get my line reconnected i have to purchase one of eir's bundles? What if i dont want any of them? I just want my line reconnected.
    Order it through another provider:
    • Eir
    • Vodafone
    • Sky (Only if you order their TV too)

They all do new line orders, all send the job onto OpenEir. People misconceive Eir as being the same as OpenEir who own the lines causing this kind of confusion.

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]ED E [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]is correct[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] Rockfish. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You can request this from a different provider if you wish.[/font]

• Advertisement
Advertisement