Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilcock and Sallins now added to Leap Card/Short Hop Zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

How is Sallins a bit far out? Good news anyway, should have been done long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,878 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Looks to me as if Leixlip-CC fares are going up due to the distance balancing going on.

My occasional Maynooth-Clontarf Road has been cut to the same as the more regular Maynooth-Connolly; I usually hit the cap most weeks but for those I don't its a slight saving,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

L1011 wrote: »
    Looks to me as if Leixlip-CC fares are going up due to the distance balancing going on.

Where did you see that?

EDIT: I see it now. Leixlip to everywhere except the CC is going down! Doh!

https://www.nationaltransport.ie/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Iarnrod_Eireann_fares_determinations_2017.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Johner wrote: »
    How is Sallins a bit far out? Good news anyway, should have been done long ago.

It's about the same as Kilcock I suppose, but I always perceived it to be further.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

n97 mini wrote: »
    It's about the same as Kilcock I suppose, but I always perceived it to be further.

I would have thought that it was way further too .

Great news :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

But a mere 6min down the line in Newbridge with a terminal platform after the GCD service comes on board it will sit at 13.70. Thanks Irish Rail

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭pad199207

Sallins/Naas to enter the short short hop zone on December 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

And of course trains to and from Connolly / Grand Canal dock start next Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MotorMike

As a person that doesn't use public transport but like the idea of a train to grand canal, Could someone dumb it down to me and explain my morning options to be in Grand Canal for 9am,
    Please excuse my ignorance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Vic_08

MotorMike wrote: »
    As a person that doesn't use public transport but like the idea of a train to grand canal, Could someone dumb it down to me and explain my morning options to be in Grand Canal for 9am,
    Please excuse my ignorance

You might get an answer if you tell people where you are coming from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MotorMike

Sorry, Naas/Sallins

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Sallins 07.28 07.53
    GCD -- 08.22 08.59*

*change at Hazelhatch.

Full Timetable

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭pad199207

Short hop fares in effect from Sallins/Naas from Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

pad199207 wrote: »
    Short hop fares in effect from Sallins/Naas from Thursday

Looking at the short hop annual prices it doesn't seem much less than an annual Sallins to City centre ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭kc56

Looking at the short hop annual prices it doesn't seem much less than an annual Sallins to City centre ticket

2015 Sallins 1640 + 385 = 2025 (Rail Plus City Centre)
    2016 Rail SHZ 1520
    Saving 505

More savings
    Add All DB: 2015 +1320 total 3345
    2016 1710
    Saving for Rail+DB 1635

Big saving for Sallins commuters.

Advertisement