Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats a fair wage working in a main car dealership

Options
  • 03-11-2016 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I started working for a main car dealer about 6 months ago.
    the job was parts/service and warranty administrator.

There is 5 mechanics to run around after, over the counter sales, booking in and checking in vehicles for service and allocating work to the mechanics and do ALL the warranty work at the same time.

Anyone working for a main dealer will know this is a stressful job.

When i started 6 months ago i was told they would start me on the minimum wage and we would go up from there.
    I told them i wanted €10 per hour to start with and they agreed.

Do you work the same job?
    Whats your wages like?
    Or any idea what would be a fair wage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

You might want to reword your title to include that you are an administrator. You could compare your wage to other admin jobs, the fact that it's in a car dealer isn't that relevant. I'm not an expert in this area but I'd say you'd be looking at minimum wage or just above it for what you have outlined.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

It's certainly not a job you would start on a high wage, but it's the kind of role that can attract a rise every few years.
    So starting on a €10 is normal but as you progress the role you can ask for more. What efficiencies/process improvemnets have you brought in in the last 6 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I work in a main dealer and I would think that wage very small for the amount of work you have. Warranty alone is a massive job that can have a huge amount of money tied up in it, it's a lot of responsibility. Chasing around after mechanics really sounds like a foremans job and then you're dealing with customers too? I would expect to be on at least a couple of Euro more than you currently are.

Advertisement