Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unable to get fiber

Options
  • 03-11-2016 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

So I've been told that I can't get fiber at my new address and can only get an "upto" 8mb speed.

Here is as follows what I've found out myself
    1. I live in a fiber area,smack bang between 3 fiber enabled exchanges. Checked on fiberrollout.ie
    2.I am 1.8km from my nearest fiber cabinet. Checked on fiberrollout.ie
    3. There is a fiber socket in the house already. Checked....by me.(Same socket that was installed at my last house for fiber)

So Mr or Mrs Eir person can you please help me understand why this is so? How can I be in the heart of a fiber area with a fiber socket in the house and not be able to get fiber as told by your sales advisors

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

jonny_b1 wrote: »
    So I've been told that I can't get fiber at my new address and can only get an "upto" 8mb speed.

Here is as follows what I've found out myself
    1. I live in a fiber area,smack bang between 3 fiber enabled exchanges. Checked on fiberrollout.ie
    2.I am 1.8km from my nearest fiber cabinet. Checked on fiberrollout.ie
    3. There is a fiber socket in the house already. Checked....by me.(Same socket that was installed at my last house for fiber)

So Mr or Mrs Eir person can you please help me understand why this is so?  How can I be in the heart of a fiber area with a fiber socket in the house and not be able to get fiber as told by your sales advisors
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]jonny_b1,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. All eir bundles are sold on the basis of 'up to' speeds. [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Your efibre availability would depend on what exchange you are connected to and how far you are away from this exchange. You would need to be within 2km's from the cabinet bearing in mind lines are not laid as the crow flies & may take different routes before it reaches your home.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Do you have an active eir service at present? I can check what cabinet you are connected to & the length of the route from the exchange to your home.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭jonny_b1

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]jonny_b1,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. All eir bundles are sold on the basis of 'up to' speeds. [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Your efibre availability would depend on what exchange you are connected to and how far you are away from this exchange. You would need to be within 2km's from the cabinet bearing in mind lines are not laid as the crow flies & may take different routes before it reaches your home.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Do you have an active eir service at present? I can check what cabinet you are connected to & the length of the route from the exchange to your home.[/font]

Hi Pamela

Thanks for getting in touch.
    There is an active line there,i can PM you the number. I'm going to cry if I have to go from the 30mb i was getting back a 6ish mb service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

jonny_b1 wrote: »

Hi Pamela

Thanks for getting in touch.
    There is an active line there,i can PM you the number. I'm going to cry if I have to go from the 30mb i was getting back  a 6ish mb service.
    Yes please, can you PM me the account number  jonny_b1?

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Advertisement