Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help my fitness goals!!!..

• 03-11-2016 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi guys recently joined because I need advice. I'm doing a programme given by my gym instructor was told I would see results in about 8 weeks. I am two weeks in and don't know is my diet spot on or what. My goal is to reduce a layer of body fat to define my abs and also gain some muscle. It is a four day programme.

Monday:
    E/Z Bicep Curls 5x10
    D/B shoulder press 5x10
    DB Hammer Curl 5x10
    Front Raise 5x10
    Triceps Push Down 5x10
    Lateral Raise 5x10
    Triceps Rope 5x10
    Military Press 5x10
    Bike for 20 mins
    Tuesday:
    Bent Over Single Arm Row 5x10
    Calf Raise 5x10
    Bent Over Fly 5x10
    Farmers Walk
    Seated Row 5x10
    Shrugs 5x10
    Facepulls 5x10
    Lat Pull Down 5x10
    Single Arm Over Head Tricep 5x10

Wednesday:
    Smith Squats 5x10
    Leg Rows 5x10
    Leg Extension 5x10
    Flutter Kick 5x30sec
    Dead Lift 5x10
    Hanging leg raise 5x10
    Walking Lunges 5x10
    V.UPs 5x12
    Leg Press 5x10

Thursday:
    Flat Bar Chest Press 5x10
    Cable Cross (High) 5x10
    Incline DB Chest Press 5x10
    Cable Cross (Low) 5x10
    Decline Bar Chest Press 5x10
    Treadmill for 20 mins at 16kmp doing 40secs on and 20 secs off.

I am eating very well and do a ab workout for 10 mins every day. I am using my fitness pal and weighing food today for example I have eaten so far 1300 and 170 grams of protein. My carb intake is very low and I am wondering should I have carbs postworkout. I feel as if i lost some muscle from my arms. The gym instructor told me to lower carbs and wean off them at 1-2 in day. I want to be more defined and feel my diet is holding me back maybe i am wrong. I also started swimming 10 lenghts of pool after sessions and at the weekend doing my 20 mins treadmill intervals. Am i eating too little or too little carbs my thinkin was with high protein I would see lean gains. Appreciate any help atall thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Binky333 wrote: »
    Hi guys recently joined because I need advice. I'm doing a programme given by my gym instructor was told I would see results in about 8 weeks. I am two weeks in and don't know is my diet spot on or what. My goal is to reduce a layer of body fat to define my abs and also gain some muscle. It is a four day programme.

Monday:
    E/Z Bicep Curls 5x10
    D/B shoulder press 5x10
    DB Hammer Curl 5x10
    Front Raise 5x10
    Triceps Push Down 5x10
    Lateral Raise 5x10
    Triceps Rope 5x10
    Military Press 5x10
    Bike for 20 mins
    Tuesday:
    Bent Over Single Arm Row 5x10
    Calf Raise 5x10
    Bent Over Fly 5x10
    Farmers Walk
    Seated Row 5x10
    Shrugs 5x10
    Facepulls 5x10
    Lat Pull Down 5x10
    Single Arm Over Head Tricep 5x10

Wednesday:
    Smith Squats 5x10
    Leg Rows 5x10
    Leg Extension 5x10
    Flutter Kick 5x30sec
    Dead Lift 5x10
    Hanging leg raise 5x10
    Walking Lunges 5x10
    V.UPs 5x12
    Leg Press 5x10

Thursday:
    Flat Bar Chest Press 5x10
    Cable Cross (High) 5x10
    Incline DB Chest Press 5x10
    Cable Cross (Low) 5x10
    Decline Bar Chest Press 5x10
    Treadmill for 20 mins at 16kmp doing 40secs on and 20 secs off.

I am eating very well and do a ab workout for 10 mins every day. I am using my fitness pal and weighing food today for example I have eaten so far 1300 and 170 grams of protein. My carb intake is very low and I am wondering should I have carbs postworkout. I feel as if i lost some muscle from my arms. The gym instructor told me to lower carbs and wean off them at 1-2 in day. I want to be more defined and feel my diet is holding me back maybe i am wrong. I also started swimming 10 lenghts of pool after sessions and at the weekend doing my 20 mins treadmill intervals. Am i eating too little or too little carbs my thinkin was with high protein I would see lean gains. Appreciate any help atall thanks.
    current height and weight, gender?

whats your typical calorie intake each day, roughly?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Binky333

I am a male 22 years old.. I am 5 ft 9 and weigh 70kgs. I am eating around 1700-1900 a day..
    generally have a omellete for breakfast followed by chicken and veg for or else salmon than generally a steak or lean mince in evening with a lot of veg.. I snack on almonds and cashews nuts

I am a male 22 years old.. I am 5 ft 9 and weigh 70kgs. I am eating around 1700-1900 a day..
    generally have a omellete for breakfast followed by chicken and veg for or else salmon than generally a steak or lean mince in evening with a lot of veg.. I snack on almonds and cashews nuts
    give me breakdown of grams of carbs, protein and fat on a normal day.

Calories look to low at a casual glance and tbh your program is a sh1t show of anything that trainer could think of putting in, must take forever to train.

Wouldnt be my cup of tea at all but i accept some people like that bodybuilding approach to things

How many pull ups can you do? Arms totally straight at bottom and chin MUST go over bar? Current deadlift? weight youre using on farmers walk?

Today for example protein was 200 grams carbs was 25 grams and fat is 50 grams..
    I can do about 7-8 chin ups good and am fairly ****ed after that.. doing farmers walk with two 25 kg weights which I found hard. Deadlift are generally 40kg could probably push myself more on these.. yea I spend about 1hour and 20 mins then going on a treadmill can be taxing would look at a better programme only I can't really get to other gyms based in college at current one

Today for example protein was 200 grams carbs was 25 grams and fat is 50 grams..
    I can do about 7-8 chin ups good and am fairly ****ed after that.. doing farmers walk with two 25 kg weights which I found hard. Deadlift are generally 40kg could probably push myself more on these.. yea I spend about 1hour and 20 mins then going on a treadmill can be taxing would look at a better programme only I can't really get to other gyms based in college at current one
    think there is -
    1) zero need to restrict carbs so much when you're 70kg - go for a 40% carb, 30% protein, 30% fat breakdown at about 2,000cals per day (use this marco calc)
    2) you're not focused enough on getting stronger, no offense dude but i have beginner female clients in their 40s and 50s doing 40kg deadlifts - put all your energy into the basics - pull ups, push ups or dips, deadlifts and squats and with good form
    3) you have access to the internets so saying thats the best program you can come up with when there are a few already listed here by myself and Hanley is just silly.
    4) no mention of mobility work at all, do more of that sh1t
    5) you're 2 weeks in, this aint Tinder where you get to swipe it away and start all over again with the thought that there is something better out there. Do the basics well for at the very least a year and then refine. If you cant currently deadlift at least 100kg for 1-3reps, back squat body weight, do weighted chins and dips then work on getting all that. Watch people that look like they move really well in your gym and ask for help to form check

• Advertisement

Yea i could definitely push myself more on deadlifts. I was doing heavier weights then lowered.
    Define mobility work?? Like of more HIIT??
    Yea thanks for the advice going to go heavier and put my body under more pressure.

Yea i could definitely push myself more on deadlifts. I was doing heavier weights then lowered.
    Define mobility work?? Like of more HIIT??
    Yea thanks for the advice going to go heavier and put my body under more pressure.
    yup just build up slowly. To many guys with tiny arms working hard on biceps and triceps yet cant pull a decent double body weight deadlift, or even aware thats something worthy of working towards

mobility work is this

Just get STONGER and eat right as opposed to eating like carbs are evil and #leangains is just a laughable term for people that want to run around in gymshark gear and look the same in 1-2years

Ah yea sorry I am doing alot of mobility with bands as i get tight glutes..
    Yea I was thinking lowering carbs was silly thanks for the advice really appreciate it.
    off for salmon and sweet potato now!!

Ah yea sorry I am doing alot of mobility with bands as i get tight glutes..
    Yea I was thinking lowering carbs was silly thanks for the advice really appreciate it.
    off for salmon and sweet potato now!!
    keep on it dude and work your nuts off on those basics

Advertisement