Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD SU - who do they represent?

Options
  • 03-11-2016 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

This isn't a thread regarding the current referendum in particular but more of a general question prompted by it. As an aside, to cut off any accusations otherwise, the current UCD SU stance mirrors my own.

I was on campus this evening to cast my vote following the emails sent out earlier in the week and I was told that I wasn't eligible to vote due to my course type, I'm doing an online Masters.

So, if they do represent me, why am I not allowed vote on how they represent me?

Or, if they do not represent me, why do I get all their emails and do I contribute towards their funding? Do they claim to represent the full student body when they in fact don't?

If anyone has the relevant info it would be most apreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭elleelle19

Do you pay the 247 euro student union levy?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭RtD

My fees statement from SISWeb lists a figure for tuition fees and then €123 for student centre levy so unless it's part of them it appears not.

Which is fine, I just don't want them to claim to represent me if they do not. And fewer of their emails would be welcome also if they don't relate to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Sounds like you pay the part time student rate - which is half. Honestly I think you should be able to vote, they probably just didn't know which list to put you on.

Tweet them or email them.

Advertisement