Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Module Refund

Options
  • 03-11-2016 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I deferred a number of modules last year 5 in total. This year I'd to pay €500 for each module costing me €2500. The problem is that only 2 of the modules are available this year and the other 3 have been moved to the final year.

I've been onto the college and they're only going to refund me €1000 the reason been this year they've brought in an extra module one I've done before same name but say its more advanced which it isn't so are charging me €500 for it.

I've been told I must do this module no way out of it even though I haven't paid to repeat it. To me this seems extremely unfair that I must have to pay for it especially at a repeat fee rate.

My thinking is that I should be only doing the 2 modules this year as they are the ones that I've deferred why should I have to do the other one. If I've no choice then I shouldn't be paying €500 to do it as the college decided to add it and didn't charge extra to the other students.

Should I be getting back my €1500?

Advertisement