Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Conduit - Outside

Options
  • 03-11-2016 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭

I was recently in a private car park which has lighting along the walls which were suplly by cables in metal conduits.

Now I have seem metal conduits used in factories, workshops etc but never noticed any used outside before. I am assuming this perfectly normal.

Curious to know if there are any specials rules to follow for usign outdoors for no particular reason other than curiosity

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ptogher14

Its common practice. Its done everywhere. Conduit is galvanised so withstands the elements reasonably well. It's good practice to use flanged couplers with a lead washer outside, but not always done. And a bit of galvanised spray.

Advertisement