Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone recommend a inline shower fan with light?

Options
  • 03-11-2016 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭

Looking to put a silent extractor fan with a good bright light for over a shower. Shower only has glass on one side so need something good and bright. Going into an attic. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Ate you looking for an ip65 recessed insulated spot light and a separate extractor ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Im kinda thinking now not to go with inline as it might be difficult later on if something goes wrong, the ducking is just shy of a meter and straight up through the roof..

Was thinking of something like this but don't know if I can use it with the ducting going straight up https://www.xpelair.co.uk/product/93087AW/SSISFC-Simply-Silent-Illumi--Shower-Fan-Complete

Im kinda thinking now not to go with inline as it might be difficult later on if something goes wrong, the ducking is just shy of a meter and straight up through the roof..

Was thinking of something like this but don't know if I can use it with the ducting going straight up https://www.xpelair.co.uk/product/93087AW/SSISFC-Simply-Silent-Illumi--Shower-Fan-Complete

Earth to Stoner?

I looked at the link last night . It has two things on it, one with an integral light and one without

It's an excellent brand .
    But do you want a light built in or the one without the light

With fans how long is the total run. 1M of ducting and then what out through roof so a total of 1 Meter of ducting. That will be fine the shorter and straighter the ducting the better

• Advertisement

Cheers, Yea have the ducting already ran just connected to a slate duct (don't know technical name it just looks like a slate but it's a vent) it's a short run maybe 2/3ft.

Was going to go for the one with the light, would save having to have a sperate light and fan over the shower.

Just didn't know about the brand tried a few places and nobody have them in stock, was just concerned about running it straight up, read somewhere the ducting should be horizontal.

If you want the light . It's ipx rating is only 4 it is only splash proof

http://justelation.com/ipx-ratings-described/

So if you want this in the actual shower you'd need an IP 65 fitting .

This is not exactly the same as Irish regs But it close and a good graphic to explain it to you that unit would need to be outside the shower Zone

http://www.thelightingsuperstore.co.uk/bathroom

I'm going to assume you need 4 lights for the sake of it

Would this be one of them are you going to have two rows of two and will this look the the odd light in an array
    You'd have three different fittings and you'd restrict yourself regarding your fan position

The spec doesn't give the lumens output of the fitting either most similar one would be 200-300 lux wouldn't his be bright enough

I do like it but maybe you are considering the one for 37.5 pop it in the correct - outside zone area and for your four identical fittings use correctly rated down lights

Final option put either fan type positioned evey spaced between the two rows of fittings it will look like a centre light then.

Note it's a great make and if it comes with 3M of duct then I'd take that as it's limit, I assume you only have 1 m

Advertisement