Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jingle Bells 5k 3.12.2016 @ 11am

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

tang1 wrote: »
    Would say so, they look way off to be chip.

Aye, I started at the back and it's showing the time on the clock when I crossed the line. Shame, there's probably a good 20 seconds between my gun time and what would be my chip time.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭runnerholic

Gun times only?

Looks like gun times only. Would be disappointed if they didn't give chip times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Aye, I started at the back and it's showing the time on the clock when I crossed the line. Shame, there's probably a good 20 seconds between my gun time and what would be my chip time.

Why the need for starting mat so, strange? Excellent race and huge kudos to Donore Harriers, fast flat course, highly encouraging marshals and lovely memento in the mug at the end. My young lad is delighted with it. Happy with my time seeing I'm doing no speed work, one definitely on the calendar for next year,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Hoping for a chip time too.

I started a few minutes late, first race pushing a buggy... Let the crowd get a few hundred metres to avoid ruining anyones race.

Why the need for starting mat so, strange? Excellent race and huge kudos to Donore Harriers, fast flat course, highly encouraging marshals and lovely memento in the mug at the end. My young lad is delighted with it. Happy with my time seeing I'm doing no speed work, one definitely on the calendar for next year,
    t

Exactly, whats the point of wearing a chip if you can't get a chip time? Purpose completely defeated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

Well that's a bloody pain especially given not everyone was as considerate as poster above. I started just at the sub-25 sign and still ended up passing /bring stuck behind people who had no intention of hitting that pace! Luckily hit my Garmin fairly promptly at the mats so have an idea of my time but would have preferred a chip time as there is 35sec difference between the two and you can never be sure you aren't a second or three out with your own watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭denis b

Anything short of chip time would be very annoying. Announcer specifically said that it was Chip Time - 5 minutes before race start. Lost 15 seconds minimum and hit the timer on the start/finish mats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

I'm not going to start jumping up and down just yet, I presume they'll be out later..?

Edit: very good race by Donore, always a nice atmosphere to this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

Thumbs up to Donore for another well organised Jingle Bells.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

Chip time is on there no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭ChampionChip

Chip times up now on www.championchipireland.com.  Sorry for the delay

Champion Chip normally do timing for this, they have nothing up yet.

Pretty slow from them
    Would have had them up sooner only I had to wait until we had a clean set of names etc to be able to publish with confidence eg some runners were entered in wrong category when they entered themselves online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Would have had them up sooner only I had to wait until we had a clean set of names etc to be able to publish with confidence eg some runners were entered in wrong category when they entered themselves online.

I wouldn't worry about it.

No worries, thank you.

Just for clarity as much as anything else, the first 400 finishers were emailed out to the organisers at 11:30am, the next batch of just over 600 at 11:48 and all the finishers at 12:03.  I was emailed back with some corrections to names and categories at 1:19pm while driving so pulled in and uploaded that file more or less immediately.
    Many thanks to all at Donore as its a hectic day but so well organised that my task is usually very straightforward as it was today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

Just for clarity as much as anything else, the first 400 finishers were emailed out to the organisers at 11:30am, the next batch of just over 600 at 11:48 and all the finishers at 12:03.  I was emailed back with some corrections to names and categories at 1:19pm while driving so pulled in and uploaded that file more or less immediately.
    Many thanks to all at Donore as its a hectic day but so well organised that my task is usually very straightforward as it was today.

Hectic day and great race. I was one of the people complaining above about lack of chip times and my personal view on stuff like this is even if it means the results take about hour or two longer to go up, have all the info (ie both gun and chip) but I also understand that others, might prefer to have whatever is available up and add additional info later - basically you'll never please everyone! :D

Well done to all involved!

I'm still editing as we speak and will do so for a while as there are so many variables its impossible to have a result perfectly correct first time but its part of the job.
    I usually publish gun time only first as that's the time used to work out positions and thus prizes.  Chip times are not official but are purely for individual runners information.  According to IAAF Rule 165.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Chip time was even better than my watch time. :D Great race, great conditions, great mug. Thanks to all those who organised.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

What a difference a year makes....last year, this rated as one of my worst races of the year (I couldn't even match my target pace in the final downhill km with the wind behind me)...this year, one of my best, if not best race! :)
    Flawlessly organised, perfect running conditions, a fast course and a PB. My last real race of the year so a nice way to finish things off.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Fair play. But it took me longer than 4 seconds to cross the start line.

The two people I started with took 10 secs to get across the start line but took me 4?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

fletch wrote: »
    What a difference a year makes....last year, this rated as one of my worst races of the year (I couldn't even match my target pace in the final downhill km with the wind behind me)...this year, one of my best, if not best race! :)
    Flawlessly organised, perfect running conditions, a fast course and a PB. My last real race of the year so a nice way to finish things off.

Big + 1 to this, last year I should have PB'd but had an awful race, this year after months of health issues I smashed my PB by 27 seconds, I couldn't be happier :D Well done Donore on another fantastic race, my 3rd JB cup and I'll be back for more. Delighted to end a tough year on such a high :)

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

fletch wrote: »

Great job today fletch, awesome time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭denis b

Appreciated. Thanks for the follow up.

JMSE wrote: »
    Great job today fletch, awesome time.
    Thanks..excellent time yourself JMSE....PB?

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

Oh yeahhhh! :D

Any photos from the race?

Advertisement