Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Werchter 2017

Options
  • 03-11-2016 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭

Thinking over making the trip over for this next year for a change. For those who have travelled before what are your experiences? Have had a look at previous years threads but would like some fresh info,cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Linkin Park just added

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Linkin Park just added
    Ouch, maybe leave it until 2018 then!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Foo Fighters have just been added for the Sunday night. Went 2 years ago and was very disappointed that they had to cancel with Dave's injury so would be tempted by that addition alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Fergiebavf1

Hey,

Thinking of heading to Rock Werchter this year. Anyone have advise about getting there, Airports, buses, etc? Also is it best to camp at the Hive?

Cheers.

Arcade Fire just added

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I'm thinking of doing a hotel package this year. Getting too old for camping in Belgian storms!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Blink 182 the latest to be added.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Kings of Leon added today too

Alt J added

Imagine Dragons added

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Hey , anyone Going this year ? Where do people normally stay ?
    I'm looking at Air bnb in leuven , hotels n hostels . Not big fan of camping but the hive pre set up tents are good value

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Birneybau wrote: »

Think they were the first act announced a few months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Think they were the first act announced a few months ago

And nobody mentioned it.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 justme112

Thinking over making the trip over for this next year for a change. For those who have travelled before what are your experiences? Have had a look at previous years threads but would like some fresh info,cheers

The Hive is a relatively new set up, think it was 3 years ago when they first started doing it. It means you can camp from 4pm on the Wednesday, the day before the festival and there's normally dj's on the Wednesday night.
    The Hive campsite - you're pretty close to showers and shop and the campsite is about a 15 minute walk from the main arena.

There are 3 stages, used to be 2, also changed a few years back, works out pretty well so you don't have multiple clashes on loads of stages.
    They're doing more pre-pitched tents this year for an extra few quid, but depending on what you're willing to check in, if you're flying, it still works out better to bring your own cheap tent and leave behind if necessary (just check it in 1 way)

Still using tokens for beer and food which is years behind other European festivals, I've successfully managed to lose some every year no matter what I've done! mostly down to halving some tokens for food.

Anyone know what the story is with camping tickets? My friend bought a combi ticket but he is confused if needs to buy a camping ticket too

They will have to buy camping ticket separately

What's the craic with lineup announcements , any pattern to it normally ? Bought my ticket this week , be first time going

What's the craic with lineup announcements , any pattern to it normally ? Bought my ticket this week , be first time going

They've announced a few names the last 2 years about half way through January so I'd say expect something on Friday 13th

Might be my first year to go also , Have done Pukkelpop in 2010 and 2016 so might change it up

• Advertisement

So who do Ye hope gets added to the lineup ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and R.E.M.

Seriously though, it's already a pretty decent lineup, maybe Prophets of Rage or Nine Inch Nails would fit in well? Or maybe Tool if they ever release that album.

Expecting Green Day, Editors and Jimmy Eat World to be announced on Friday. Their tour dates line up perfectly with Rock Werchter

Would love if Pearl Jam were added, highly unlikely now with all the headliners already announced.
    Would expect Wolf Alice to be announced sometime soon as well, they'll probably explode when Trainspotting 2 comes out as their song is on the trailer

justme112 wrote: »
    Expecting Green Day, Editors and Jimmy Eat World to be announced on Friday. Their tour dates line up perfectly with Rock Werchter

Would love if Pearl Jam were added, highly unlikely now with all the headliners already announced.
    Would expect Wolf Alice to be announced sometime soon as well, they'll probably explode when Trainspotting 2 comes out as their song is on the trailer

I'd love if the strokes were added. Think they've a new album due out

justme112 wrote: »

Cant see Green Day being announced if they already have the headliners confirmed. Would be happy with Editors and JEW

Oscar and the Wolf added.

They don't seem to be following the same pattern of announcing on Friday evenings like the last 2 years...."More names to follow shortly" is the only indication when the next batch will be announced

Future Islands self confirmed

16114757_10154217253686569_4680269727541141875_n.jpg?oh=9716ea05ac1f5e78525259368f87487e&oe=590FBA78

The confirmations for the Belgian Rock Werchter 2017 festival come flying in. Today five great names are added to the bill: Lorde, James Blake, The Lumineers, Dropkick Murphys and Future Islands. The bill-in-progress for Rock Werchter 2017 is now 15 names long. More to follow soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭pancake_tuesday

Probably gonna be crucified for asking but is there DJ set's at night on the campsite after the main arena closes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Only in the Hive. It's not even well known djs, just local ones. That's really the main place to go for bigger sessions after the music.

Advertisement