Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Werchter 2017

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

This week the Rock Werchter team is delighted to confirm some great new acts for the upcoming edition. Five to be precise: Royal Blood, BAZART, Bonobo (live), White Lies and Agnes Obel. The line-up for Rock Werchter 2017 is slowly taking shape. More names to follow shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Right, really better start looking into flights, accommodation, and transport :/

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

There tipping along now announcing acts . Hopefully see muse , bloc party, kasabian, the strokes and Cold War kids added for bands .

Danny brown and run the jewels be nice too

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

No space for Muse on that lineup!

Saturday sold out too! Never thought Linkin Park, SOAD, and Blink 182 would be the fastest selling day in 2017!

Any recommendations on where t fly to Brussels or Charleroi?

• Advertisement

Brussels easily, train goes from airport to Leuven which is where the shuttle bus goes from.

Mushy wrote: »
    Brussels easily, train goes from airport to Leuven which is where the shuttle bus goes from.

Cheers Mushy , When it comes to picking your camping option when does general camping open since it only has the Hive options on sale

Cheers Mushy , When it comes to picking your camping option when does general camping open since it only has the Hive options on sale

Totally up to when you land in and want to camp. The Hive is early camping opening day before music starts, now appears to have added glamping lark. When other options are open, it's first come first served on first day of bands. I preferred the 2014 option of setting up day before music, other time in 2007 was drinking on road overnight before any campsite opened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bosh

Thanks for that bit of info. :)

We've booked accommodation in Brussels for the weekend, going on Sunday for the Foo Fighters, but not sure about transport back after the gig on Sunday night. How late do the trains run?

Thanks. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭pancake_tuesday

Mr.S wrote: »
    As Mushy said, just at The Hive, and even then I don't think it's anything to write home about.

RW isn't known for its crazy antics, that said the campsites are always generally a good bit of craic as there's so many nationalities, but you won't be dancing until the early morning.

I'd check out Pukkelpop (another Belgian festival, in Aug) if you want a more party vibe.

Cheers for the replies, lads. I'm going to this mainly for Radiohead, was kinda wishful thinking it'd mad at night time. Will just have to wait until EP for some early morning dancing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

booked tickets to this last night after a few beers, looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭David Della Rocco

From 21 to 27... Today six new acts have been added to the Rock Werchter line-up. There’s a super group: Prophets of Rage, a top indie-rock duo: The Kills, sun-drenched electropop: Crystal Fighters, new bluesy rock heroes: Kaleo, a big talent from Belgium: Warhaus and a soul revelation, who is also a great singer and pianist: Benjamin Clementine.

Tickets booked long go. Second time going. Delighted with Prophets of Rage. Staying in the hive except for Wednesday night, have a hostel in Leuven for the last sleep in a proper bed. T minus 146 days!

Do they release a handful of acts every week now ?

More or less every week until they reach the 70 or 80 mark. Usually on a Friday at 3

• Registered Users Posts: 31 justme112

From 21 to 27... Today six new acts have been added to the Rock Werchter line-up. There’s a super group: Prophets of Rage, a top indie-rock duo: The Kills, sun-drenched electropop: Crystal Fighters, new bluesy rock heroes: Kaleo, a big talent from Belgium: Warhaus and a soul revelation, who is also a great singer and pianist: Benjamin Clementine.

One of the best line ups in a long time, solid announcements again today.
    Back to worrying about bands clashing the way this is lining up! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

Looks like it will be a great festival this year. A few friends of mine played RW2016 and had a blast.

Mark Lanegan self confirmed on his twitter page

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Besides the "boutique" options available in the hive, is it possible to pick up a regular tent over there?

scratch that, I see there are regular tents in the hive too

Thoughts on names for tomorrows announcement?

Looking at Mad Cool's latest additions they added Dinosaur Jr, Foals and Cage the Elephant.
    Biffy Clyro playing in Brussels tomorrow night so probably not going to be announced this week, still look like an option for RW though, based on tour dates.

Justice and Moderat playing at Roskilde so possibilities for RW (hopefully)

I would welcome some of those off the Mad Cool lineup i.e. Foals, Kurt Vile, Savages, Wilco, Wolf Alice. I thought Foals might be a long shot but they don't seem to be as big in Belgium as they are here and the UK obviously. I would welcome Biffy but ya it's likely to be next week if at all given their gig tomorrow night.

Was delighted with prophets of rage last week. If the quality of announcements remains as high, I would imagine there will be a lot of clashes. But given the proximity of the stages to each other it is quiet easy to get to the two tents if you are just hanging at the back for whoever is on the main stage.

• Advertisement

Queens of the Stone Age are back touring, just announced they're playing Fuji Rock in late July, too much to ask for?! Would be unbelievable if they were added to the Sunday before Foo's
    Bonobo and Lorde also playing at Fuji Rock as well - it's a stretch but.....

Saw QOTSA mentioned in the efestivals thread. Surely too much to ask for! Don't want to get my hopes up :D

Saw QOTSA mentioned in the efestivals thread. Surely too much to ask for! Don't want to get my hopes up :D

I know I'm going to NOS Alive, but there's a big gap under Foos there too. I said it weeks back that it might happen. Hopes are up, it's what will kill me in the end!

Soulwax, Mura Masa, Mark Lanegan Band, Rae Sremmurd, Maggie Rogers and Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes

Frank Carter ok but the rest meh!

Soulwax, Mura Masa, Mark Lanegan Band, Rae Sremmurd, Maggie Rogers and Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes

Frank Carter ok but the rest meh!

Happy enough with Soulwax and Mark Lanegan

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Thinking of going to this. The line up is nearly too good to not go. I've been twice before. Do people still just pick up tents in Leuven or Brussels?

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

This'll be my 6th time going.
    I'd usually bring a tent over between a couple of us, pay for baggage on the plane one way.
    Leave the tent behind.
    When you add up the cost of camping and buying a tent and split it between however many people and 5 nights, I find it acceptable to leave the tent behind.
    Last time I was there was 2015 in the Hive. Nice to have hot showers, its own massive DJ tent and then food and beer stalls like in the festival grounds. They had a heat wave then too, ended the festival with a 2 week inter-rail trip.

Today's announcement is v good in my book , Mura masa was great at EP last year .
    If soulwax are doing the live nite versions set as the band they used to do years ago that will be epic which I presume they will as there not billed as 2 many djs .
    And Rae semmurd have some great tunes if u like that kind of thing .
    Don't know much about the other acts announced today but will check them out this evening

I'm happy with Mark Lanegan but he self confirmed earlier in the week. Giving Mura Masa a listen now. That's one of the things I like about going to festivals, getting to know some new stuff. Not all announcements can be huge names or stuff we all like, otherwise we'd have loads of clashes and no time for beering, chilling, napping!, etc.

I also went in 2015 and stayed in the hive. 1 check in bag between 2 which included a decent pop up tent which we carried home again. Same plan this year but there are 4 of us arriving late Wednesday night and staying in a hostel in Leuven before heading to the hive Thursday morning. I don't know what the other campsites are like but the hive was well kitted out and plenty of other food/beer options on the walk to the festival entrance.

• Advertisement

What time does music start around on the Thursday ? Just seeing if I can get into the air bnb place early on the thurs

Advertisement