Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Werchter 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

I think it's about 2pm on the first day, but the entrance will be mobbed with people swapping tickets for wrist bands. Give yourself maybe 20 minutes to get through. When you camp in the hive, you can get your festival wristband in there which is a great idea

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

I haven't been in years as I said earlier, how quickly does this usually sell out? Looking into getting a combi ticket and flight sorted.
    Suprised it isn't sold out already with that line up.

It'd be fine to fly in Thurs morning, get to the Hive and find a camping spot yeah? We don't need to do anything bar buy our combi ticket and separate camping pass?

Does anyone still pre purchase food and bev tokens or just get them there?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭David Della Rocco

I haven't been in years as I said earlier, how quickly does this usually sell out? Looking into getting a combi ticket and flight sorted.
    Suprised it isn't sold out already with that line up.

It'd be fine to fly in Thurs morning, get to the Hive and find a camping spot yeah? We don't need to do anything bar buy our combi ticket and separate camping pass?

Does anyone still pre purchase food and bev tokens or just get them there?

Hey, I had planned to go in 2014 and as far as I remember I was waiting for my February paycheck to book and it sold out. So I was determined to go in 2015 and booked early but can't remember if it sold out. You will be fine flying in Thurs morning, get the train to Leuven and then the festival bus to the hive. I did exactly that in 2015 but our flight left Dublin at 6.30am. There were people arriving all day on the Thursday. Getting over the Wednesday night this year for a few warm up beers in Leuven. Other than the combi ticket and Hive camping ticket, you will need to book the free train ticket which will be emailed to you a few weeks before the festival. It is fairly straight forward but you do need to pay a fee (diabolo) if your departure station is the airport. I paid €5 each way in 2015. I plan on buying some food/drink tokens in advance as they are slightly cheaper at 2.50 than 2.75 if bought at the festival.

Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats, Xavier Rudd, Whitney, Jimmy Eat World, Machine Gun Kelly, G-Eazy, Tourist LeMC!

Delighted with Whitney. Discovered them from the EP lineup last year.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Delighted for Nathaniel and JEW

• Advertisement

Hey, I had planned to go in 2014 and as far as I remember I was waiting for my February paycheck to book and it sold out. So I was determined to go in 2015 and booked early but can't remember if it sold out. You will be fine flying in Thurs morning, get the train to Leuven and then the festival bus to the hive. I did exactly that in 2015 but our flight left Dublin at 6.30am. There were people arriving all day on the Thursday. Getting over the Wednesday night this year for a few warm up beers in Leuven. Other than the combi ticket and Hive camping ticket, you will need to book the free train ticket which will be emailed to you a few weeks before the festival. It is fairly straight forward but you do need to pay a fee (diabolo) if your departure station is the airport. I paid €5 each way in 2015. I plan on buying some food/drink tokens in advance as they are slightly cheaper at 2.50 than 2.75 if bought at the festival.

Sound for the info.

I might risk holding off another week or two to purchase them but it's risky. I'm surprised it isn't sold out already.

I went before and burned my bollocks off in 40 degrees heat, it was too hot to even go to the majority of gigs. Also Belgians are pretty much no fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,772 ✭✭✭lertsnim

40 degree heat is a rarity

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cian180

Hey all, Great info above. I am traveling to RW for my first time and have a standard Irishman question; whats the situation with beer - is there a limit on what a person can bring like at Body and Soul and i presume its not allowed out of the campsite?

Thanks for the info Mr.S - I had read that there was a 12 can limit per person which seemed quite ludicrous. I am looking forward to sampling this festival having been at Reading and Leeds last year and EP the year before. R&L is potentially too young a crowd for myself now, I hear RW is more mellow.

• Advertisement

Rock Werchter
    This week we have seven more new names for you! Cigarettes After Sex for Thursday 29 June. Birdy for Friday 30 June. Passenger, Charli XCX and Glass Animals for Saturday 1 July. Rag’n’Bone Man and Nothing But Thieves for Sunday 2 July. More to come next week! Soon we can present you with the complete Rock Werchter 2017 line up. Final negotiations are underway. Get your tickets for Rock Werchter 2017 from www.ticketmaster.be #RW17

cian180 wrote: »
    Thanks for the info Mr.S - I had read that there was a 12 can limit per person which seemed quite ludicrous. I am looking forward to sampling this festival having been at Reading and Leeds last year and EP the year before. R&L is potentially too young a crowd for myself now, I hear RW is more mellow.

I remember the drink being cheap enough to buy there. Like a pint was about €2.60?? Have I got that all wrong? It was Jupiler in the campsites? This was about 7 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

I remember the drink being cheap enough to buy there. Like a pint was about €2.60?? Have I got that all wrong? It was Jupiler in the campsites? This was about 7 years ago.

€2.50 for Small beer when I was there 2years ago. They don't sell pints

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lolkillerrofl

Highly doubt the crowd would be chill during SOAD.

Highly doubt the crowd would be chill during SOAD.

You'd be surprised. Saw a few people get annoyed at a bit of movement in the crowd during QOTSA one year.

Just some local acts announced this week. One each day by Studio Brussels and then the following by Rock Werchter today:

'Discover the best Belgian acts of the moment at #RW17! New this week: Het Zesde Metaal, Warhola, Tout Va Bien, J. Bernardt, Vuurwerk, Tamino'

I will check them out but hoping for a bigger announcement next week. From last weeks announcements I will go see Cigarettes after Sex and I would highly recommend Glass Animals. I started listening to them when I saw the picnic lineup and thought their gig was brilliant, made me want to get up and dance. They ended up being my most listened to band on Spotify last year.

Was kinda hoping for Sum 41 to get announced but they are doing Graspop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Anyone ever do the full weekend but not the camping?

Probably slim pickings on accommodation by now anyways, but would be interested to hear of peoples experiences doing this

TL:DR, can't hack 4/5 days camping, how/where to rest me bones?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Anyone ever do the full weekend but not the camping?

Probably slim pickings on accommodation by now anyways, but would be interested to hear of peoples experiences doing this

TL:DR, can't hack 4/5 days camping, how/where to rest me bones?

Yea went in 2015 and stayed in ibis in leuven. Got the free shuttle bus in and out each day

From last weeks announcement I wonder are the the big name announcements slowing down and would it just be smaller bands/locals to be announced from now on?

'Discover the best Belgian acts of the moment at #RW17! New this week: Het Zesde Metaal, Warhola, Tout Va Bien, J. Bernardt, Vuurwerk, Tamino'

There are one or two names I was hoping to see added, Catfish and the Bottlemen / Wolf Alice to name two. Would anyone who knows the festival expect see many more recognizable names?

• Advertisement

cian180 wrote: »
    From last weeks announcement I wonder are the the big name announcements slowing down and would it just be smaller bands/locals to be announced from now on?

There are one or two names I was hoping to see added, Catfish and the Bottlemen / Wolf Alice to name two. Would anyone who knows the festival expect see many more recognizable names?

http://www.rockwerchter.be/en/history There are all the line ups so you can get an idea of the mix of Belgian/international acts

Given there are 20+ more acts to be announced, there definitely will be some recognisable names. Their announcement the Friday before last mentioned 'final negotiations are underway' so I would imagine there will be one or two biggish names amongst the final announcements with a lot of other bands which will be well known by some and not by others.

Between acts I must see and acts I would really like to see I have 20+ so I'm happy with the lineup and looking forward to discovering some more new stuff. Any major announcements will be a bonus. I am following another forum in the UK and the negativity with recent announcements is unbelievable given it must be one of the top European festival lineups this summer.

I will have my fun and that's all that matters! :cool:

Kodaline self confirmed for the Saturday on their Facebook page

Lads, do I want: Rock Werchter - Camping ticket The Hive or Camping ticket Regular?

If regular, do I want A1, C3, C7? Any difference? Or one better than the other?

Hey Burt!

I have only been once and it has been to the Hive, I would suggest selecting the Hive. I just saw some of the other campsites in passing but the Hive is definitely kitted out the best. Perhaps an advantage of A1 is that it is closer to the festival site judging from the map. The Hive has a large tent where they play music until 4 am or so after the festival and has a decent bar along with other shops and stuff. Showers were good too. Not sure what regular camping has. But if you book regular camping you have access to the Hive party tent anyway. I am sure regular camping may have some shops or food options but not on the scale of the Hive. The Hive was a max. 15 to 20 min walk to the festival site and along the road there are different food and drink tents set up where you could pay cash. Maybe some of the others here with more Werchter experience can advise!

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

The Hive is ran by the festival itself.
    You can buy and use the food and drink tokens in there the same as the festival grounds.
    They have decent showers in there, set up in cubicles.
    On the wednesday, you can get your festival wristband in the Hive by going to the Hives own DJ tent - this stays open into the wee hours of the morning.
    Plenty food and drink stalls around here that you will find in the festival area.

The standard camping ticket is for the Thursday onwards.
    I've stayed in these a few times.
    There are places to get drink but you need cold hard cash.
    Plenty food stalls lined on the road to get food with cash also.
    They do have showers in here but cant remember what they are like.
    Each campsite will be ran by the land owners I think, but they do have to stick to the RW guidelines and provide certain facilities and security.

I think someone posted a map with campsites marked on it so you can see where they are located in relation to the festival.

Thanks lads, the hive seems the best bet so.

Savages and Declan McKenna are new for Thursday 29 June and Dua Lipa and Jain have been added to the programme of Friday 30 June. Above & Beyond, Seasick Steve, Kodaline, Sohn and Blues Pills are five new acts for Saturday 1 July, and Fatima Yamaha and Cage the Elephant are confirmed for Sunday 2 July.

Last year Rock Werchter had the full lineup released by March 11th and April 3rd the year before so not far to go now!

Happy with Seasick Steve , Blues Pills and Cage the Elephant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 andybar

hey i may have skipped over a the answer but myself and a few friends are heading from dublin on the wed....has anyone been before and do you know if you can buy air mattress there or do i have to get one before entering the festival??

the gf cant hack the the ground 😂

Advertisement