Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Werchter 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Nckodnl

boardzz wrote: »
    So you're going camping but not going into the arena?

Well naturally enough I'll be heading to a music festival for the music. How about you? If I could find an Irish crowd in the campsite to throw a tent down nearby that'd be preferable to going alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

going to get cracking on my research today of the acts I don't know . Lineups already deadly but want to fill some of the gaps earlier in the day . Any recommendations for some of the lesser known acts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Nckodnl

Alot of good acts on Friday that are not exactly mainstream. Oscar and the Wolf, Royal Blood, James Blake, Kaleo, Bazart, Birdy, Nathaniel Ratecliff, Future islands. Headliner then is Radiohead which will be my no.1 for the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

I definitely recommend Royal Blood, 2 man band who make an awesome sound live.
    They played twice 2 years ago, replaced the Foo Fighters after Dave fell off the stage.
    Their second album is released on 16th June, first single out last week from it.
    Their videos are pretty cool.

Nckodnl wrote: »
    Alot of good acts on Friday that are not exactly mainstream. Oscar and the Wolf, Royal Blood, James Blake, Kaleo, Bazart, Birdy, Nathaniel Ratecliff, Future islands. Headliner then is Radiohead which will be my no.1 for the weekend

Already like royal blood , good shout on bazart , got the album earlier , sounds good . I can't get into future islands though , I've tried a few times now . Have kaleo album to listen to later .
    Arcade fire are my number one must see for the weekend .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 ConarBarb

Hi everyone, thank you to everyone who supplied answers - it's really helped! Just wanna clarify something real quick. So on the website it says Drinks (alcoholic & non-alcoholic) aren't allowed on festival grounds. What exactly does this mean because I've seen people say you are allowed bring alcohol into RW

• Registered Users Posts: 9,772 ✭✭✭lertsnim

ConarBarb wrote: »
    Hi everyone, thank you to everyone who supplied answers - it's really helped! Just wanna clarify something real quick. So on the website it says Drinks (alcoholic & non-alcoholic) aren't allowed on festival grounds. What exactly does this mean because I've seen people say you are allowed bring alcohol into RW

You can bring alcohol into the campsites. You cannot bring drink into the actual festival site. You can of course buy drink inside there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ConarBarb

Thank you lertsnim!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Last few acts have been announced. Time to start plotting out the various days and which stages I need to venture between. Going to be really boring and basically camp at main stage all day Saturday :D
    The super talented, homegrown artist Coely will open the Main Stage on Friday, 30 June. KluB C also knows who will open and close on Friday. The talented debutant LANY will perform summery electropop and Charlotte de Witte will round off the day dancing. New for Saturday, 1 July in KluB C is Tash Sultana, a phenomenon in her homeland Australia and ready to conquer the rest of the world. There are two more KluB C additions on Sunday, 2 July: Karen Elson, who just released her wonderful album 'Distant Shore', will open and we expect a crazy party with The Avalanches at night.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

This is my plan so far, absolutely delighted with the line up, can't wait!

• Advertisement

Don't all have a kiniption but I'm
    Not mad on Radiohead , is there no other acts on at the same time they are for 2.5 hours ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dylanmc94

Mod edit: no ticket sales

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

You'll be kept busy! Been before? How easy is it to get between the various stages?

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    You'll be kept busy! Been before? How easy is it to get between the various stages?

It's really very easy. Out of Klub C to a view of the mainstage is like 2-3 minutes max, easy enough to move forward a lot. Add on 1 minute for Barn to Main stage (unless you are down front for act in Barn).

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

Sabre0001 wrote: »

Well that's the plan anyway but I'm sure I'll end up leaving a few of the acts that aren't doing it for me so i can get food and pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Wow. The lineup for this is amazing. Hope ye all have a great time!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

I am getting so pumped for this.
    I didn't buy any camping tickets as I will be living nearby for the summer, do people think I'll be missing out by not getting the whole camping experience?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

peekachoo wrote: »
    I didn't buy any camping tickets as I will be living nearby for the summer, do people think I'll be missing out by not getting the whole camping experience?

My gf camped at it a few years back she said the heat was disgusting, 35+ degrees each day. Not sure if that was exceptional for that time of year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

it's the same as any festival. You'll miss out on possibly meeting new people you're camping near and just the general buzz and feeling of still kind of being at the festival the entire time without having to trek too far to accommodation. Camp-site craic is one of a kind.

Then on the other hand you're battling with the elements. Whether that's a wet festival in Ireland where all your stuff and inside of your tent gets soaked or a euro festival where you get woken up by the sun at the crack of dawn when it turns your tent into something resembling the core of the sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Does everyone still go to the camping shop in Leuven to pick up cheap tents / chairs etc or what is the story?

I might just bring a sleeping bag and tent from home and check in one bag. What is everyone doing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

Does everyone still go to the camping shop in Leuven to pick up cheap tents / chairs etc or what is the story?

I might just bring a sleeping bag and tent from home and check in one bag. What is everyone doing?

I usually check in 1 bag between 2 going over for a tent and leave it behind.
    You get away with a sleeping bag as an extra carry on cos its light and squash-able.
    All my gear for the few days fits into a carry on rucksack.

stevexo wrote: »
    I usually check in 1 bag between 2 going over for a tent and leave it behind.
    You get away with a sleeping bag as an extra carry on cos its light and squash-able.
    All my gear for the few days fits into a carry on rucksack.

Yeah will probably do that, thanks. Does anyone bother with a canopy for the campsite? We had one the last time we went. Can you buy a chair in the campgrounds?
    Oh, what are the checks like going into the festival these days. Okay to sneak in some vodka down your pants in zip lock bags? Ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Yeah will probably do that, thanks. Does anyone bother with a canopy for the campsite? We had one the last time we went. Can you buy a chair in the campgrounds?
    Oh, what are the checks like going into the festival these days. Okay to sneak in some vodka down your pants in zip lock bags? Ha.

A resealable Capri Sun pouch is my smuggling drink in weapon of choice these days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

threein99 wrote: »
    A resealable Capri Sun pouch is my smuggling drink in weapon of choice these days

Has worked every time for me for years

Yeh or Nah for the canopy lads? I remember being blessed we had one with the heat one year but I do remember staying in the campsite til after 3pm most days. I'll probably be in the festival from 12.30 onward each day with the line up being so good so might get away without having one? Is there anywhere to drink your cans in the campsite or do you stay by your tent? There used to be a tent / shaded area with benches before.

Apologies for the questions, I'm just getting asked this by our group as I've been before but I realise a lot has changed since I last went. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mdr123

Anybody know how easy/hard it is to go to different campsites? Like let's say if I had a C3 band would I be able to stroll into A1 to visit people?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,772 ✭✭✭lertsnim

do people think I'll be missing out by not getting the whole camping experience?

Not at all. I tried camping there a few years and while it was ok I gave up on it and I stayed in the Ibis in Leuven one year and the hostel just across from it another year and it was so much better than camping. The constant flow of free buses helped but then again I hate sleeping in tents.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cian180

I am toying with the idea of bringing over a tent on the plane or buying one in the local camp shop in Leuven. Or is there a tent/sleeping bag rental service in the hive ? Bringing the tent on the plane would be a pain so I am leaning towards buying there and leaving or else the rental of it exists.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me please ? I thought I read that the hive will set up a tent for you in advance for a price but I can't find the details on it now...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

cian180 wrote: »
    I am toying with the idea of bringing over a tent on the plane or buying one in the local camp shop in Leuven. Or is there a tent/sleeping bag rental service in the hive ? Bringing the tent on the plane would be a pain so I am leaning towards buying there and leaving or else the rental of it exists.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me please ? I thought I read that the hive will set up a tent for you in advance for a price but I can't find the details on it now...

http://www.rockwerchter.be/en/camping/the-hive-resort/what-is-the-hive-resort

Is that it? Appears sold out though.

Advertisement