Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Werchter 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 biglimey

How much food and drink vouchers is everyone buying? I went in 2011 but can't for the life of me remember how many I bought. Can't wait for this now!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Would it be better to get the train or the bus to the main festival site if coming from leuven?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,772 ✭✭✭lertsnim

peekachoo wrote: »
    Would it be better to get the train or the bus to the main festival site if coming from leuven?

Bus. There is no train to the festival site from Leuven.

You can this year apparently, it seems to be a new feature? Website and an email today says as of this year you can travel to Aarschot and you can then get a shuttle bus from the station to the festival grounds. I just think that sounds like more effort than just getting the bus so im gonna do that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,772 ✭✭✭lertsnim

You can this year apparently, it seems to be a new feature? Website and an email today says as of this year you can travel to Aarschot and you can then get a shuttle bus from the station to the festival grounds. I just think that sounds like more effort than just getting the bus so im gonna do that. :)

It's the exact same setup in Leuven.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Has anyone ever used ticketswap?

https://www.ticketswap.ie/event/rock-werchter-festival-2017/4-day-ticket/23b907de-1dff-4701-b346-d48b85b02aed/56911

It seems legit as they verfiy your facebook account and phone number but what is stopping the person reprinting the e-tickets and ignoring the fact you know their real FB account?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

This will be much first time attending the festival, I'm getting very excited now. Flying into Brussels on the Wednesday night and staying in a hostel.

We got an army tent for the hive, I'll expect to see a few Irish heads around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Crybabygeeks

We are in The Hive too. Can't wait now! Last there in 09... due a return trip.

lertsnim wrote: »
    It's the exact same setup in Leuven.
    apologies, probably should have clarified that I'm living in Leuven. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lolkillerrofl

Is it hard to get cheap tents over there? I seen there was a Decathlon near enough to the airport but they don't seem to have high stock numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

We're bringing two over in a checked in bag but I remember there was camping shop in Leuven. I think it's been mentioned in the thread a few pages back.

I asked before but don't think it was answered, does anyone bring/buy a canopy/marque for the campsite?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

And yet you're not inviting us all to stay :D

Just two weeks til I'll be flying over! Excited and nervous all in one. Must dust off the cobwebs of putting up a tent so that I'm not faffing around over there!

🤪

Sabre0001 wrote: »

And yet you're not inviting us all to stay :D

Just two weeks til I'll be flying over! Excited and nervous all in one. Must dust off the cobwebs of putting up a tent so that I'm not faffing around over there!

I would be sound like that but I have a group of friends coming over, and sure camping is half the fun anyway! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Anyone any idea what beers are served in the fest? I'd like to think its something of higher quality then the watered down Heineken we get here.

Also any boardies who've been before got a rough guide on how much a beer or food costs in tokens?

Beer probably set amount where food is more variable?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭David Della Rocco

Kaleo cancel on medical grounds with Slowdive replacing.

A 250ml beer is 1 token so E2.50 if tokens are purchased in advance. In 2015 they just had jupiler and then the hoegaarden bar which served hoegaarden blonde and rose. There may have been some others hidden that I didn't see. But this year there seems to be a much large selection. Rock werchter responded to a tweet with the below list. Not sure if they will all be in the general bars or if there will be separate 'craft beer bars'

Jupiler, Jupiler 0.0 (non alcoholic I presume), Leffe Royale, Whitbread Golding, Leffe Royal Ella, Scotch CTS, Tripel Karmeliet, Goose IPA, Goose 312, Kriek Belle-Vue, Ginette.

So a much better selection and there will also be wine and cocktails

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Looks like I'll have to smuggle cans of bulmers in so :pac:

Looks like I'll have to smuggle cans of bulmers in so :pac:

lol. I'm delighted that's an amazing selection for a festival!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭David Della Rocco

Ya it is a great selection and to answer regarding the food, I think they vary from one and a half tokens for chips up to a few tokens for the fancier stuff. I remember in 2015 that near the entrance to the left there seemed to be a fancier food place offering gourmet stuff. Can't say what exactly as I think we only ventured up there for a look and some shelter from the sun.

I remember there was a sit down restaurant offering steak and the like also which I think you had to book in advance but I have not seen it advertised yet this year. On the walk from the campsite to the festival there are also tents setup selling beer and food like chips, burgers and hot dogs which accept cash and I think a proper bar to the right at the crossroads after exiting the festival. I remember sitting outside one of those tents with a burger and beer being able to hear the act on main stage. Hopefully the hangover won't be too bad this time 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Does anyone know if it'll be possible to charge your phone in the camp site or should I buy some of them portable charging thingys?

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭IBrows89

First time going this year! Going to arrive on the Thursday morning, arriving at Brussels Int and getting the train down. Scared that everything in Decathalon will be sold out by the time we arrive. What is the best thing to do for tent's etc for the festival?

• Advertisement

what's the weather forecast looking like lads or is it too early to say?

Have been following the temperatures on my phone in wertcher and seems to jump day to day from 29-31 down to 21 the next day.

Accuweather has early 20s with potential rain forecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

Does anyone know if it'll be possible to charge your phone in the camp site or should I buy some of them portable charging thingys?

2 years ago they had portable chargers for sale.
    I think they cost a tenner.
    You can then return them for a fully recharged one for a fiver.
    There was place inside the hive entrance and in the festival ground where you can get them.
    It wasnt like electric picnic last year, no queues and always had spare chargers to swap out. RW had the perfect model for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Buy the chargers that can also be used as torches. Two birds, one stone.
    Some also have built in solar panels. They're not the best at charging, but better than nothing.

what's the weather forecast looking like lads or is it too early to say?

Have been following the temperatures on my phone in wertcher and seems to jump day to day from 29-31 down to 21 the next day.

Accuweather has early 20s with potential rain forecast.

It's been around 33 in leuven the last few days. That heat normally wouldn't last long enough to spill over to next weekend. There's generally kind of a cycle where we get loads of heat, then a thunderstorm, then low 20s with some clouds, then the weather creeps back up again. :pac:

I'll let you guys know how the weather shapes up going into next week and it should be some inclination as to the weekends weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

They've just announced that unless you have Hive camping, you won't be allowed into the entertainment area beside it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Wheatabixy

Anyone know if the shuttle buses run FROM the festival back to Leuvan train station in the mornings? Looking at an early flight at 9:50 am in Brusells and wanna know if I'll be able to make it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Really looking forward to this now! Anyone who's been before, are you allowed bring food and drink into the regular campsites? Would really save on buying everything in there.

A week away! really getting excited now!

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

There's a new fee introduced for using the train at the Zaventem airport if you haven't noticed on the T&C of the free train ticket.
    Its €5.20 each way.
    Its called the diabolo fee, load of balls if you ask me.
    I got it anyway to avoid any annoyance on the day.

You can bring food and drink into the campsite, no glass for the drinks - i usually go to the supermarket in louvain, get some spirits and then some bottles of water to transfer to.
    I don't mind paying out for mixers at the campsite as they will be chilled.

Food wise, same, bring what you want but no gas stoves or disposable bbqs to cook on. Just bring food that doesn't need to be cooked.

The place I go is called Match. When you come out of the train station, there is a big square. Just walk down the main street that splits the square for about 7 mins / 550m and its on your left. There's escalators/stairs to bring you down to it.
    Address: Match, Bondgenotenlaan 58, 3000 Louvain, Belgium

Anyone trying out the reserved spaces in the Hive? I was in the Hive 2 years ago, got there around 6/7pm and was nearly down the back end of the field, a good 10 minute walk to get out of the campsite. Too much effort to go back during the day so never bothered.
    If anyone else is travelling on Wednesday and staying in the Hive, dont forget to go to the Hive entertainment area and get your festival wristband so you wont be queuing on Thursday at the festival.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Can't wait for this lads ,first time going , lineup is quality . Flying into Brussels wed night , staying in air b'n'b in leuven , get the bus in n out each day . Hope we get decent weather .
    Must see acts are - arcade fire , alt-j , white lies , MGK , prophets of rage , Mura masa to name a few , loads more want to see though

Advertisement