Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Werchter 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

There's 2 of us going over this time.
    If anyone thinks it's a good idea, we can set up a boards WhatsApp group for the few days. If anyone wants to meet up for a few drinks while there is nothing of interest on, meet for drinks on Wednesday, if you come across any shenanigans that people might enjoy or share some random picture you took at the festival.
    PM me your number and name and I'll set it up.

We are getting the 6am flight on Wednesday morning. Going to be knocking around Louvain for a bit then head out to the hive for 4pm when it opens. Get our shopping done, bite to eat and a few pints in Louvain.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

I'm sure you'll all be happy to hear that the unbearable heat has finally broken today here in Leuven! :) can't imagine many things worse than being in the middle of a crowd when it's 35 degrees out!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lolkillerrofl

peekachoo wrote: »
    I'm sure you'll all be happy to hear that the unbearable heat has finally broken today here in Leuven! :) can't imagine many things worse than being in the middle of a crowd when it's 35 degrees out!

Forecast is rain everyday is that even worth looking at though?

Unsure, it was meant to rain the last two days and hasn't yet, which could be a good or bad thing! We just have to hope and pray :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Weather apps don't paint a pretty picture. Is it time to pack the wellies?

EDIT: Just saw post above! D'oh! Here's hoping the rain just decides to skip Leuven :)

Also, I presume (but don't want to get caught out) that there will be food stands open on the Wednesday evening? Hoping to arrive, pitch up in The Hive, and go explore, grabbing some food along the way.

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

balls was at a party this weekend and never got around to getting the cheaper tokens .

edit: Am I right in thinking we can only get them now at the festival?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Irish TuneR

Anyone know the cost of buying a cheap tent in Leuven? Looked at the stores that have websites and they are not cheap... Not looking at anyone in particular peekachoo;)

Also Google says the rain given down is 2% which is feck all really when you compare it with an average day in Ireland (8% today and thats the lowest amount all week here). Ill take those overcast days over 35+ degrees any day.:)

Some wellies and ponchos may not be a bad call, people from work that are regulars every year are not hopeful about the weekend :pac: well it doesn't seem to be shaping up like last year's weather, it could very well be mostly overcast with a few scattered showers!
    I have no idea about cheap tent shops here unfortunately I have never bought one here (I'm not camping for the weekend since my apartment is so nearby)!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

balls was at a party this weekend and never got around to getting the cheaper tokens .

edit: Am I right in thinking we can only get them now at the festival?

I'm not sure about the tokens but most if not all stalls take cash or card anyway.

Some wellies and ponchos may not be a bad call, people from work that are regulars every year are not hopeful about the weekend :pac: well it doesn't seem to be shaping up like last year's weather, it could very well be mostly overcast with a few scattered showers!
    I have no idea about cheap tent shops here unfortunately I have never bought one here (I'm not camping for the weekend since my apartment is so nearby)!

Any idea what they're like for throwing down sawdust / coverings? Or does the place turn into a mudbath immediately? :D

🤪

• Advertisement

I'm not sure about the tokens but most if not all stalls take cash or card anyway.

just to clarify on the word stalls here...
    there are stalls along the main road from the camp sites to the main festival grounds. these take cash for beers and food.
    in the festival and hive, all food and drink stalls take tokens.
    there are places to buy tokens in the festival grounds and hive which take cash and card.
    merchandise stalls in the festival take cash and card - if you want to try something on size wise, you have to pay for it first. depending on your credit available, might be best to use cash in that case - a refund will not be immediate on your card if you decide not to purchase the item of clothing.
    there are your usual festival stalls within the festival grounds which sell hats, sunglasses, tees, etc., these will take cash.

ATM in the festival grounds will always have queues so come prepared with a bit of cash but use card where possible.

stevexo wrote: »
    just to clarify on the word stalls here...
    there are stalls along the main road from the camp sites to the main festival grounds. these take cash for beers and food.
    in the festival and hive, all food and drink stalls take tokens.
    there are places to buy tokens in the festival grounds and hive which take cash and card.

would these stalls sell water but presumably three times the price of the shops in Werchter?

trying to decide is the best option to walk into werchter every day for water/booze/snacks rather than getting a big load and trying to bring in from say louvain

would these stalls sell water but presumably three times the price of the shops in Werchter?

trying to decide is the best option to walk into werchter every day for water/booze/snacks rather than getting a big load and trying to bring in from say louvain

In the festival grounds, you can get a 500ml bottle of water for one token - €2.60 - I'm sure I read this on their site that its a 500ml bottle.
    Same price for a small beer, small bottle of coke/fanta or a good size bottle of red bull.
    Once you have your bottle of water you bought inside, there are stations dotted around with drinking water on tap. Unfortunately, they wont let you bring in your own bottles for security reasons.

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Any idea what they're like for throwing down sawdust / coverings? Or does the place turn into a mudbath immediately? :D
    No idea ive actually never been :pac: im just the acting weather person since I'm already here! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It gets a bit muddy at the exit, food and drink stalls and the pathway between the main stage and the other side but overall the place holds up well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 miginz

Hi folks.... first time going this year and made a bit of an error when purchasing tickets - I only got one Hive camping ticket for me and my girl friend. I have since bought two C3 tickets but I was wondering if I would be wasting my time trying to get into the Hive with the one ticket (plus a C3) considering we only have one tent....

Any help would be appreciated!

miginz wrote: »
    Hi folks.... first time going this year and made a bit of an error when purchasing tickets - I only got one Hive camping ticket for me and my girl friend. I have since bought two C3 tickets but I was wondering if I would be wasting my time trying to get into the Hive with the one ticket (plus a C3) considering we only have one tent....

Any help would be appreciated!

I may be able to sort you out with a hive camping ticket. My buddy bought one even though i told him i was buying 2 with the reserved space option. Pm me, I'll get on to him and we can arrange something.

Just a heads up for anyone travelling with Aer Lingus and planning on using your phone to check in or for the boarding pass.
    I kept getting an ajax error when trying to verify my booking details.
    Turns out my app didn't auto update itself.
    I uninstalled it and reinstalled form the play store.
    Fancy new user interface and I can now get my boarding pass on the app - no need to panic!

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭IBrows89

stevexo wrote: »
    I may be able to sort you out with a hive camping ticket. My buddy bought one even though i told him i was buying 2 with the reserved space option. Pm me, I'll get on to him and we can arrange something.

If the other person doens;t avail of this is it still available? A load of us going over and a couple of them are in A1, we're looking to get them into the Hive so we can camp together?

Oooooh! This time tomorrow I'll be in the airport waiting for flight!

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭IBrows89

This time next week I will be in the horrors probably only just arriving into work!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Our flight isn't until late tomorrow night. Last day of work today for a full week though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6 superchippy

Alright lads, my first RW and looking forward to it. Hopefully the weather will hold up! Anyway I ended up with 2 spare hive resort tickets (long story!) I'm sure you can access all areas of the hive with this ticket. PM me and we might be able to work something out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cian180

Been here in leuven a few hours. The weather is relatively warms and humid. There was a shower earlier for half an hour and then passed. If it's like that for the week I'll be very happy.

Did I see someone post about a festival shop opens up in town for the days of the festival ? Looking to buy a couple camping chairs.

Where would be best to buy large quantity of tins ? Would they have a problem if I rocked up with 40 tins on my person ? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Abominable JoMan

cian180 wrote: »

Where would be best to buy large quantity of tins ? Would they have a problem if I rocked up with 40 tins on my person ? :p

Cian180...You're asking all the questions we want answers to

extreme long shot but if anyone has two hive resorts going. we've 2 mates out in regular camping to looking to keep us altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

extreme long shot but if anyone has two hive resorts going. we've 2 mates out in regular camping to looking to keep us altogether.

Check on efestivals forums, might get some luck there.

Enjoy everyone, a great festival!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭D_D

Ask superchippy above? He has 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cd9264

Are the 2 regular camping tickets you have for the Hive camping?
    If so, might be able to do a swap deal!

• Advertisement

cd9264 wrote: »
    Are the 2 regular camping tickets you have for the Hive camping?
    If so, might be able to do a swap deal!

sound dropped you a PM!
    D_D wrote: »
    Ask superchippy above? He has 2.

asked earlier no response.

Advertisement