Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Werchter 2017

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

IBrows89 wrote: »
    If the other person doens;t avail of this is it still available? A load of us going over and a couple of them are in A1, we're looking to get them into the Hive so we can camp together?
    Sorry bud, it's taken

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Abominable JoMan

Ed Sheeran just announced... For 2018.
    Happy it's only 2017 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

Any cider drinkers know if there's anything decent to pick up in the shops over there?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Nugget89 wrote: »
    Any cider drinkers know if there's anything decent to pick up in the shops over there?

All you'll get is strongbow and English bulmers, or the odd Stella cidre. Strongbow I actually like but you wont get cider in all shops. There's a supermarket directly down the street from the train station that sell it but I've only ever gotten it in bottles!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

peekachoo wrote: »
    All you'll get is strongbow and English bulmers, or the odd Stella cidre. Strongbow I actually like but you wont get cider in all shops. There's a supermarket directly down the street from the train station that sell it but I've only ever gotten it in bottles!

Thanks. I'd be absolutely fine with Strongbow or English Bulmers. Any idea on if it would be expensive? I'm trying to plan my drinking now and don't know whether it would be cheaper to stick with beer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Is there wifi at the festival? On my way now!

There's is at the food areas... But with the new roaming regulations, you can use your phone like you are at home at no extra charge.

I'm over here now waiting on the buses to start at 1pm.
    It's raining lightly all morning but should clear up in while, a rain jacket would be advised!
    I mentioned before about the extra train ticket for the airport, you need that one to scan to get through the gates to get to the platform, there's no skipping on it, €5.20 a go

Edit: Sorry, double post from the app

stevexo wrote: »
    There's is at the food areas... But with the new roaming regulations, you can use your phone like you are at home at no extra charge.

I'm over here now waiting on the buses to start at 1pm.
    It's raining lightly all morning but should clear up in while, a rain jacket would be advised!
    I mentioned before about the extra train ticket for the airport, you need that one to scan to get through the gates to get to the platform, there's no skipping on it, €5.20 a go

Brilliant :)
    Oh I'm coming from Germany! Made a week of it :)

Food/drinks tokens are 3 quid each in cash, 2.75 by card.
    Big increase from the 2.50 pre purchase online!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

stevexo wrote: »
    Food/drinks tokens are 3 quid each in cash, 2.75 by card.
    Big increase from the 2.50 pre purchase online!

That's annoying , I've no tokens bought yet
    What's the point of them ?

It's how you buy food and drink in the hive or the festival. The food and drink stalls don't accept cash or card

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

That's annoying , I've no tokens bought yet
    What's the point of them ?

Saves people waiting for change, counting up cash at the counter I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Nugget89 wrote: »
    peekachoo wrote: »

Thanks. I'd be absolutely fine with Strongbow or English Bulmers. Any idea on if it would be expensive? I'm trying to plan my drinking now and don't know whether it would be cheaper to stick with beer.

I've only gotten small 4packsand the sort which works out expensive enough but not sure if you could get slabs oranything for cheaper!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

In Dublin airport now waiting on our flight. Thanks for the cider info, a couple flagons on Strongbow, be graaaand :D

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭boardzz

Ed Sheeran just announced... For 2018.
    Happy it's only 2017 now.

It's not the Rock Werchter festival he's playing. It's his own concert in the same area.

Anyone on the sauce yet ?

Ground looks wet , I've no wellies with me , see how I go with runners today . Get boots in leuven tomorrow if badly needed

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Watching Prophets of Rage on the Rock Werchter website and sickened I'm not able to attend this year.

lertsnim wrote: »
    Watching Prophets of Rage on the Rock Werchter website and sickened I'm not able to attend this year.

Just seen prophets of rage at rock werchter , unbelievable . EP needs to get the finger outta their hole n put on a good rocking act . Get them , and do a side deal for public enemy n cypress hill to play solo sets . Rage too if they can dip into their tight wallets .
    Prophets played at 4.30 today n pulled a whopper crowd , the mosh pit was some craic . As someone said earlier , a headline act should have everyone rocking leaving the venue , not this boring drimy draumy **** .
    Lovely tribute to Chris Cornell too .

Side note - love the unwritten rules of a mosh pit , lads getting absolutely creamed onto the floor but picked up before all continued , no malice . Havnt moshed proper in years

That was my post on EP boards , prophets of rage were class

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Philipx

In Brussels at the min getting ready to head for train station.
    Anyone on site at RW what's the weather like... Pissing down here 😯

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Home and showered, feel relatively human again!

Incredible weekend, my first time at Werchter but it wont be my last.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Home and showered, feel relatively human again!

Incredible weekend, my first time at Werchter but it wont be my last.

Same as myself, brilliant time. Just home today stayed in a hotel in brussels to check out the city a bit.

We Camped in the Hive Resort which was great with the selection of beers available, chillout hammocks and relatively quiet campsite. that said good quality earplugs were essential, since you could hear the hive entertainment zone banging until 4am.

We resisted going to the entertainment zone the first two nights to pace ourselves but last two nights ended up there and it was great craic.

Had two groups of Irish either side of each us which was grand the lads were dead on and will be meeting up with them again.

Shower waits were a bit crazy 3/4 hours but luckily for me I'm an early riser between 8-9 so latest I had to wait was ten minutes then back for a nap. Really made a huge difference having a proper wash each day.

Music wise Radiohead, foo fighters, future islands (even though he made a strange comment about hating belgium and their arms business?) were stand outs with system of a down being my personal favourite.

Only low points were the queues for everything but to be expected with the amount of people at the festival and on a personal note left a plastic bag with my worn clothes over the four days behind after packing up.

Crowd wise way better then Irish, obviously saw drunk people but no where near as messy and everyone friendly.

If you saw some stupid irish shooting each other with water pistols or I held you up in the crowd that was me.

I'll be back to this festival for sure.

Edit: Anyone know if it's possible to still get those jupiler hats? I kept forgetting to collect the cups for one and then left it too late.

Edit 2: Just remembered Royal blood were feckin class too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Spent a couple of days unwinding in Brussels afterwards and was definitely needed. Hotel had a massive, soft bed and a fantastic shower with great water pressure and temp. Would have been welcome ordinarily, but was a godsend after five days of camping!

Great festival and the fantastic lineup on paper lived up to expectations. Out of all the bands that I had scheduled to see, I was only disappointed by White Lies. Perhaps it was where I had propped myself up to watch, but sound seemed to drift off for choruses. Thought Prophets of Rage, System of a Down, Royal Blood, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes (great opener for Saturday)...and so many more were amazing.

Looking at the festival as a whole, the initial entry was a bit all over the place (actually, queuing in general was quite haphazard). Quite easy to get between stages and thought the outdoor screen for The Barn / Klub C was a great touch. Good selection of food (though prices are a bit :eek: in some places - definitely need to scout out and see where you're getting most bang for your buck, especially when you translate from tokens to cash money). If you're willing to get in and out of grounds you can get some tasty food outside that's good value for money. And the locals have a spot picked out that you can hear and see the Main Stage well from.

Overall, a great experience. Would definitely recommend the festival.

🤪

I'd 100% come back but they'll have a hard time topping this years line up!

System of a Down blew it out of the absolute park they were amazing, highlight of the festival for me. Loved royal blood too, and arcade fire, foos, kings of Leon, Mark lanegan band, Nathanial something and the night sweats, seasick Steve, jimmy eat world, there were so many!

Loved the hive resort but not sure I'm able for camping anymore :pac: if I go back it'll be with himself so perhaps we'd get an airbnb.

The only other festivals I'd been to before this were two Oxegens and there's no comparison, oxegen was always full of scumbags. Overall, would definitely recommend rock werchter :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

We also stayed in the hive resort and it definitely a par above standard camping. We were in one of the army tents with access to proper cleaned regularly toilets as well as showers. My only complaint above the army tent was the cold got in too easily, the Sunday night was particularly cold.

The majority of the bands were great with system, Linkin Park, foos and chainsmokers being my personal favourites.

Will definitely be going back again!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Looking for info if anyone can help ! Planning to go to next years festival and staying in leuven and traveling back every night . Does anyone know if this can be done . Camped 5 nights at glastonbury this year and it nearly killed me, getting less festival fit as the years get on :)
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

exilec wrote: »
    Looking for info if anyone can help ! Planning to go to next years festival and staying in leuven and traveling back every night . Does anyone know if this can be done . Camped 5 nights at glastonbury this year and it nearly killed me, getting less festival fit as the years get on :)
    Thanks

Yes. Regular buses go back to the main bus station after the festival. I found the Ibis very handy the year I stayed there. The Ibis is about a one minute walk through the train station which is right next to the bus station.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

lertsnim wrote: »
    Yes. Regular buses go back to the main bus station after the festival. I found the Ibis very handy the year I stayed there. The Ibis is about a one minute walk through the train station which is right next to the bus station.

Excellent , thanks for that ..

• Advertisement
Advertisement