Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC Fight Night: dos Anjos v Ferguson

• 04-11-2016 12:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

37da075ff78c35c8cbfbb3af2b514428.png

Date: Saturday 5th November
    Times: Fight Pass Prelims (10:30pm, Fight Pass), Prelims (12am, Fight Pass and BT Sport 2), Main Card (2am, BT Sport 2)
    Venue: Mexico City, Mexico
    Odds: dos Anjos (8/11) v Ferguson (13/10)

Who Will Win The Main Event? 43 votes

dos Anjos via KO/TKO
    0%
    dos Anjos via Decision
    32%
    mayordenisslicus ricusxtal191Zero-Coolricerosrfc d16John_D80Gamb!twonderfullifeGo Tobbanfermanagh_manjousting with chairsTimRigginsFaugheen 14 votes
    dos Anjos via Submission
    20%
    ironictoasterTerrlockKirbycallaway92GumbiBig Pussy BonpensieroVulcanRavingKev_2012qwabercd 9 votes
    Ferguson via KO/TKO
    9%
    Mellordarced0byme75341jo28Porthallian 4 votes
    Ferguson via Decision
    30%
    KJCousin itkillwill0ph0rce0smilerfshocksyprettyboy81harrJR6Arrow in the Kneeadcakesloudnoises89Menoetius 13 votes
    Ferguson via Submission
    6%
    califanodavywalsh7Mr. Manager 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

dos Anjos via Decision
    No Poll? The ring rust is real :)

Edit - spoke too soon

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Avila is the worst fighter on the roster that is all.

dos Anjos via Decision
    I think RDA is gonna come out with a vengeance here. Should be a great scrap and either could go down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭MichaelScarn

Gamebred wrote: »

Did you see the interview Artem gave post fight? The most honest character assassination I have seen - Artem was really on point with what he had to say about Avila.

Artem is quite a well spoken guy actually

I'm calling it now, Ferguson via D'Arce choke for 3 in a row.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭prizefighter

Hard not to see Dos Anjos come out like a demon swinging. He will want to get back the loss to Alvarez but that could be his undoing with Ferguson.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

dos Anjos via Decision
    Tony is one of my favourite fighters to watch in this fight but I think RDA is simply going to merk him. Dos Anjos should have too much for him on the feet, and Tony doesn't really have an advantage in the ground department either.

Charles Oliveira missed weight by 10lb,done it about 5 times now absolute joker shouldnt be allowed fight at fw.

dos Anjos via Decision
    Charles Oliveira missed weight by 10lb,done it about 5 times now absolute joker shouldnt be allowed fight at fw.

10 lbs is ridiculous. I remember him being 5 over beating Jury, calling out McGregor, celebrating. You shouldn't be celebrating beating a smaller guy, don't mind an actual weight division heavier!

I wouldnt blame Lamas not taking the fight tbh,after cutting down and he gets no weight cut and a 10lb advantage remember Will Brooks last time it backfired on him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

dos Anjos via Decision
    I wouldnt blame Lamas not taking the fight tbh,after cutting down and he gets no weight cut and a 10lb advantage remember Will Brooks last time it backfired on him.

The UFC really seriously need to implement a tiered system for purse forfeiture.

Losing 20% of your purse to your opponent for being 1lb overweight - sure why not just rock up 4lbs overweight you still only lose 20% and your opponent likely needs the money so will fight ahead anyway.

They need to change it so it's incremental.

1lb over - 20% forfeiture
    2-4lbs - 40% forfeiture
    5-10lbs - 70% forfeiture

That'll soon have people being professional - by either picking their correct weight class or getting their weight cuts done properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

What an idiot; hes still going to choke the life out of lamas anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Beersmith

No way he should be allowed fight at FW anymore. Twice in a row missing by miles and its worse this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

Not an excuse but Charles Oliveira is taking the fight on short notice. Still 10 pounds is way too much. Maybe he should jump up a weight class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

Not an excuse but Charles Oliveira is taking the fight on short notice. Still 10 pounds is way too much. Maybe he should jump up a weight class.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMUuDRBhxcj/

Is this guy for real? eating McDonalds 2 days ago ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMUuDRBhxcj/

Is this guy for real? eating McDonalds 2 days ago ffs

That's unbelievable. He deserves to be heavily punished for that. So unprofessional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

How do you miss weight by 10 pounds? Did he even bother cutting at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

dos Anjos via Decision
    Think Dos Anjos is gonna smash Ferguson, my only concern is how he'll look without Rafael Cordeiro. I do like Ferguson as a fighter though but cant stand him.

I'd be concerned about RDA too coming off a serious ass whooping,changing camps and all that goes with that meanwhile Ferguson has been up in Big Bear at altitude training like his life depends on this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

RDA vs Ferguson is a great match up. Conventional vs unconventional, traditional BJJ vs non-traditional BJJ, conventional Muay Thai vs whatever you call Ferguson's unique style of striking

I think Ferguson dismantles him. Can't wee where RDA will get the better of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Just watched the official weigh in lol. Did they pick up the translator on the street in the way in?!

Beersmith wrote: »
    I think Ferguson dismantles him. Can't wee where RDA will get the better of him

If a newcomer on short notice could outstrike Tony and give him awful trouble there is every chance RDA beats him standing

irrzzfffm9hcgf9zg.jpg

https://twitter.com/UFCInsiders/status/793671840082300928

Ferguson blocks punches with his face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

If a newcomer on short notice could outstrike Tony and give him awful trouble there is every chance RDA beats him standing

irrzzfffm9hcgf9zg.jpg

https://twitter.com/UFCInsiders/status/793671840082300928

Tony only got hit because the octagon was slippy.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭VulcanRaving

dos Anjos via Submission
    Giving the nod to RDA.
    He looked in the best condition I've seen him in at the weigh ins.
    Was never a Ferguson fan since I saw him on TUF.

dos Anjos via Decision
    Word is that Lamas has agreed to fight tonight as long as Oliveira weighs below 165lbs within the next hour.

dos Anjos via Decision
    If he can't show he's below 165lbs the fight is off. That's coming from a Mexican reporter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

If he can't show he's below 165lbs the fight is off. That's coming from a Mexican reporter.

Wasn't that agreed after the weigh-in yesterday?

• Advertisement

Would whatever Mexican body is sanctioning things permit that? Makes a mockery of weight classes but Lamas obviously wants his pay day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

It's common enough I thought. Wasn't Cowboy Olivera given a weight limit before fighting Brooks?

It's common enough I thought. Wasn't Cowboy Olivera given a weight limit before fighting Brooks?

Missing by nine pounds though? An entire weight class ffs.

Coming up with a hastily agreed weight limit on the day of the fight in order to allow it go ahead isn't something I can imagine is too regular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

The UFC really seriously need to implement a tiered system for purse forfeiture.

Losing 20% of your purse to your opponent for being 1lb overweight - sure why not just rock up 4lbs overweight you still only lose 20% and your opponent likely needs the money so will fight ahead anyway.

They need to change it so it's incremental.

1lb over - 20% forfeiture
    2-4lbs - 40% forfeiture
    5-10lbs - 70% forfeiture

That'll soon have people being professional - by either picking their correct weight class or getting their weight cuts done properly.

like this idea but I'd rather see it increase each time you miss weight rather than how much you miss by

dos Anjos via Decision
    Depp wrote: »
    like this idea but I'd rather see it increase each time you miss weight rather than how much you miss by

I could go along with that too but the reason i think it should be incremental according to lbs is that it gives an advantage in that fight.

So, for example - John Linker missing weight 5 times in a row, he should forfeit more every time he does it.

But if he misses the first few by 1lb and the next 3 by 6lbs it gives him a serious unfair advantage when he misses by more.

It can't be right that you could miss by 9lbs, the fight goes ahead and you only forfeit the same % as if you had missed by 1lb.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Ferguson via KO/TKO
    This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Lando does seem like a great striker. Ferguson took him lightly and gave no respect. Sort of paid for it and still won.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

And we're back! :D

Avilla looks terrible

Expecting plenty of gassed fighters tonight at this altitude.

Avilla looks terrible

Pound-for-pound he may actually be the worst fighter currently in the UFC. He's so far off being UFC standard.

• Advertisement

Him and that guy pendred beat Montano are the worst fighters I've seen in the ufc.

Paully D wrote: »
    Pound-for-pound he may actually be the worst fighter currently in the UFC. He's so far off being UFC standard.

Avila offering nothing offensively or defensively. Just terrible.

I couldn't have argued with a 30-24 there in all honesty. Such a poor performance by Avila for the second fight in a row. He's gone for sure.

:cool:

Polo reyes was in the fight of the year imo at 199 loves a brawl.

That was an incredible fight. Lawler-Diaz, McGregor-Diaz 2 not even close to it in my book. Harsh that it's unlikely to get any serious FOTY attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭tinpib

Oh ya! Had to look up wiki but I remember that. Incredible fight.

Go on Polo ya boya ya.

You're welcome lads,I've watched that 3 or 4 times epic knock.

You're welcome lads,I've watched that 3 or 4 times epic knock.

Oof that knockout is brutal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭tinpib

This fella looks thrilled to bits with himself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement