Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deliveroo Account Hacked

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Perhaps Deliveroo should just reset all their customer passwords?

Customers would either set it back or complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,012 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Customers would either set it back or complain.

Those who set it back would be very much liable for unauthorised access then

Amazon did this recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

L1011 wrote: »
    Those who set it back would be very much liable for unauthorised access then

Amazon did this recently.

I don't think that's correct.

If Deliveroo don't require any verification at purchase time (e.g. CVV, verified by Visa) they'd still be liable for any fraudulent purchases made through the account.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,012 ✭✭✭✭L1011

If you wilfully hand over information, liability transfers to you. Changing your password back to one you have been specifically informed is compromised is pretty wilful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Sorry to bump an old thread but had this happen to me last week - cancelled my card. Happened again tonight, texts to my phone from AIB asking to confirm a purchase from deliveroo.co.uk. Weirdest thing was that i dont use my deliveroo account and the latest card wasnt even on the account. Very confused as to how someone could have gotten access to this new card

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Shanee. wrote: »
    Sorry to bump an old thread but had this happen to me last week - cancelled my card. Happened again tonight, texts to my phone from AIB asking to confirm a purchase from deliveroo.co.uk. Weirdest thing was that i dont use my deliveroo account and the latest card wasnt even on the account. Very confused as to how someone could have gotten access to this new card

Are you sure that they ordered on your account?

Most likely that they got your card details and used them on a new deliveroo account.

It's visa/aib security that has your phone number for texts.

Only if you had texts from deliveroo would the issue be potentially with them.

Cancel your card immediately and take extra care entering details on websites. Unless it's a very large company, I always prefer the payment to be on a 3rd party payment service like world pay or realex

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Darc19 wrote: »
    Are you sure that they ordered on your account?

Most likely that they got your card details and used them on a new deliveroo account.

It's visa/aib security that has your phone number for texts.

Only if you had texts from deliveroo would the issue be potentially with them.

Cancel your card immediately and take extra care entering details on websites. Unless it's a very large company, I always prefer the payment to be on a 3rd party payment service like world pay or realex

The card is literally a week old which is the strangest thing - happened last week with my old card and cancelled that. Hasnt even been used to buy anything online yet. Ive gotten onto Deliveroo to see if they can establish where it came from but this is extremely annoying

Advertisement