Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Make Up Fairy new make up brush line.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

From a customer.

Who is also a blogger

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

bigpink wrote: »
    The consumer bodies encourage it?

Yep. I've often heard people on the radio state that if you do not get a response then take it to social media, you can bet your bottom they'll reply then.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SpillingTheTea

Im taking no side but the MUF was getting a social media bashing?Also from a fellow blogger?Both very bitchy

Also while I agree with CWTH from a consumers point of view, I think she came out looking worse socially than TMF. At the start of this whole fiasco, TMF set her minions on CWTH for her stating an opinion, then played the 'my dog is sick' card to garner sympathy. I'm sorry, but this is supposed to be business.

Who is also a blogger

Tell us, what do you think she should have done?

Well TMF got the last word in because she sent that petty email and blocked CWTH. I'm sorry but TMF is supposed to be a business woman. I've worked in retail for 10 years and you just don't take these things personally. The first rule is, 'The customer is always right' (obviously within some reason) but in this case CWTH was so right. EnchantByJL maybe a small 'company' but the brand is JL. She's the face. It's her. So she really handled this whole mess really unprofessionally IMO

How we know she was blocked?

• Advertisement

Well TMF got the last word in because she sent that petty email and blocked CWTH. I'm sorry but TMF is supposed to be a business woman. I've worked in retail for 10 years and you just don't take these things personally. The first rule is, 'The customer is always right' (obviously within some reason) but in this case CWTH was so right. EnchantByJL maybe a small 'company' but the brand is JL. She's the face. It's her. So she really handled this whole mess really unprofessionally IMO

How we know she was blocked?

Someone asked her on twitter and she said yes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

Im taking no side but the MUF was getting a social media bashing?Also from a fellow blogger?Both very bitchy

The one thing that CWTH did right in the lastest tweets was not to tag TMF or EmchantedbyJL. I thought this was quite responsible. That way TMF wasn't getting a barrage of tweets and messages and CWTH was able to get her frustration over the hassle of getting a refund.

anna080 wrote: »
    Tell us, what do you think she should have done?

Just done it private and wait for the refund like everyone else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

I really don't think you get this. MUF wouldn't and didn't give her a refund. Paypal gave her the refund.

What was wrong with her sharing her woefully bad experience??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I think CWTH felt she needed to publicise it because it was so hard to get a refund. If the process had been easy and she still decided to tweet about it then I would agree with your point, but I think she was right to share her experience with the online community.

Considering that CWTH was obviously excited to get the brushes initially, I honestly dont she any malicious intent with her posting on her own twitter about the issue. If I bought something from ASOS and it wasn't up to scratch, I'd most definitely tweet them

I will make sure avoid both of them in future lol
    Its done now will claire hair continue posting about it i wonder or delete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Who is also a blogger
    Doesn't matter if she's the queen of England, she's a customer.

I don't think Clare could have handled the situation any better. She said she didn't like the brushes and bag in social media, then decided to remove the snaps as she felt she was ruining an important moment for the MUF and was also feeling guilty as the MUF used her dog being ill to induce more guilt. She decided to pursue the refund quietly but after seeing no info about refunds anywhere, she emailed the MUF but again got no response. Only then did she open a case with PayPal. She was then made aware that she had been called "threatening" by the MUF and decided to defend herself.
    Now she has won the case and has her refund and the MUF decides to get one last dig in with her petty email. CWTH decides to share that also.

MUF has acted embarrassingly bad.

Be some craic at next blogger press event party lauch they both are at!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Hopeful2016

Doesn't matter if she's the queen of England, she's a customer.

Exactly. She was a paying customer first and foremost.

anna080 wrote: »
    I don't think Clare could have handled the situation any better. She said she didn't like the brushes and bag in social media, then decided to remove the snaps as she felt she was ruining an important moment for the MUF and was also feeling guilty as the MUF used her dog being ill to induce more guilt. She decided to pursue the refund quietly but after seeing no info about refunds anywhere, she emailed the MUF but again got no response. Only then did she open a case with PayPal. She was then made aware that she had been called "threatening" by the MUF and decided to defend herself.
    Now she has won the case and has her refund and the MUF decides to get one last dig in with her petty email. CWTH decides to share that also.

MUF has acted embarrassingly bad.

Didnt like them?or were broken?i dont do snapchat or instra only fb andvtwittet

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭CloudCumulus

I'd love to know if anyone else thinks they're cod.
    But then if you're crazy enough to spend that much on an unknown brand it must be purely out of blogger love.

Didnt like them?or were broken?i dont do snapchat or instra only fb andvtwittet

The bag wasn't at all as pictured and had poor quality lining. She felt the brushes were not worth what she had paid for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

New company prob not many staff.How long was she waiting for a refund?i have had refunds from huge companies take up to 28 days and longer

She wanted a refund and was told 'I hope you learn to love them for what they are ' when she went to refund there was nothing with her delivery stating a refund address and nothing on the website either that's why she contacted PayPal
    . TBH I think it's a good thing she tweeted it TMF has a very young audience imagine they wanted to return the brushes at least they can read about the experience CWTH had and then would have an idea going forward
    It was all so childish and unprofessional the lines between professional and personal were very blurred

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    I really don't think you get this. MUF wouldn't and didn't give her a refund. Paypal gave her the refund.

Do you really think Paypal give refunds only if you whinge all over social media?

meeeeh wrote: »
    Do you really think Paypal give refunds only if you whinge all over social media?

No. I never said they did. They looked at the case and determined MUF was in the wrong.

SB_Part2 wrote: »

I think it's quite clear that PayPal rewarded on her favour because it was proven that the product wasn't as described

The brand only exists because of social media, I think it's perfectly acceptable for their ABYSMAL and illeagal customer service to be outed on social media, kind of ironic really.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

GingerLily wrote: »
    The brand only exists because of social media, I think it's perfectly acceptable for their ABYSMAL and illeagal customer service to be outed on social media, kind of ironic really.

Did you report her to the authorities if you have proof on illegal activities?

I have absolutely no love for any of them but this is the spat between two attention seekers not some criminal enterprise.

I have absolutely no love for any of them but this is the spat between two attention seekers not some criminal enterprise.

Why would she report her? It didn't happen to her :confused:

Not obeying consumer law is illegal.

I thought from Twitter that CWTH had informed the relevant authorities, did she not?

Many times it was just in the email invoice.
    I havent liked or followed her she spams in groups that im a member of yes.My friends dont share and havent seen any liked post.Havent seen it on facebook yet tho this story.Nearly certain there is two fake accounts uses for spamming if your a member of beauty boxx you will see it
    I'm a member of beauty box I have never seen spam from her if you block her you won't see anything

• Advertisement

She wasn't giving her a refund no refund was being offered that's why she reported it to PayPal and they found in her favour MUF wasn't giving a refund PayPal decided she was entitled to it if CWTH had of waited for a refund she would have been left waiting €98 is a lot of money if your not happy with your item you deserve a refund

Advertisement