Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Make Up Fairy new make up brush line.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

anna080 wrote: »
    I don't think Clare could have handled the situation any better. She said she didn't like the brushes and bag in social media, then decided to remove the snaps as she felt she was ruining an important moment for the MUF and was also feeling guilty as the MUF used her dog being ill to induce more guilt. She decided to pursue the refund quietly but after seeing no info about refunds anywhere, she emailed the MUF but again got no response. Only then did she open a case with PayPal. She was then made aware that she had been called "threatening" by the MUF and decided to defend herself.
    Now she has won the case and has her refund and the MUF decides to get one last dig in with her petty email. CWTH decides to share that also.

MUF has acted embarrassingly bad.
    How badly did MUF conduct herself I still can't believe what CWTH had to go through .
    God love anyone who gets them
    For xmas the return policy is within 14 days they've no hope

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

I agree with the beauty boxx thing! Have really noticed it the last week and two if not 3 posts from same person about TMF.

I'm sure over the Christmas there will be a few reviews. Or maybe she will post a tutorial using them? Really thinking that would be a part of promo? But if there limited edition and not for sale after Christmas maybe that won't happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

Actually speaking of reviews, I still haven't seen a single one and the brushes have been on sale for weeks. Has any seen a review anywhere?
    Also, can someone explain presale to me? It seems they were on presale twice , sold out but not really sold out cos now there's 15% off in one pharmacy and I saw them available online in some other place (sculpt something ). I'd be fairly annoyed if I'd fallen for the big build up and thought they would be sold out so bought them weeks ago only to see them still on sale and on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Between her shoddy Depop shenanigans, the pre sale sold out bs, and the refund fiasco, she has proven herself to be a completely inept business woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭CloudCumulus

People saying they'd be livid if they knew it was hype building are the same imbeciles who buy into the "loads of people have been asking me about..." followed by a plug for workshops or whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SpillingTheTea

I seen on FM104's Facebook page they are giving a set away. So highly coveted...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I seen on FM104's Facebook page they are giving a set away. So highly coveted...

Lots of people seem to want them to be fair!

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SpillingTheTea

Yeah cause who wants to pay nearly €100 on a set of brushes that probably are no better than something you can get in Penneys tbh ha

Yeah cause who wants to pay nearly €100 on a set of brushes that probably are no better than something you can get in Penneys tbh ha

I was in a chemist tonight they had loads and not a word of a lie the bag was a bit of cardboard covered over there was marks on the bags because the material was cheap a couple had bent and were just hanging loose the brushes are very small compared to the photos the girl who works in the chemist said everyone who saw them said the same very cheap looking altogether I pity anyone who ordered online because they are nothing alike

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

People are foolish to buy something when they don't know the quality in reality.
    I feel similar about the POCO jeans.

I blame people that are so easily led because of a 'name'. If they weren't this impulsive and fanatic, then these bloggers wouldn't have such a price tag attached.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

I really wanted to have a look at them especially the star handbag.
    But alas I live in a city and the pharmacy that stocks them is rural.
    The intro to the last blog post of 2016 abiut finishing up in the office for 2016. Office being your laptop in bed in your mothers house LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭heyjude88

People are foolish to buy something when they don't know the quality in reality.
    I feel similar about the POCO jeans.

I blame people that are so easily led because of a 'name'. If they weren't this impulsive and fanatic, then these bloggers wouldn't have such a price tag attached.

Poco jeans have an easy returns . You don't like them, poor quality in reality, or they don't suit it's a simply no questions asked returns job. Quick and easy!

These wands had no refund policy or procedures in place. It was only established afterwards. This business just simply isn't up to standards expected of an online website .

Yes people may be easily lead, but if your lead up a path you should always be able to turn around and walk away easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

heyjude88 wrote: »
    Poco jeans have an easy returns . You don't like them, poor quality in reality, or they don't suit it's a simply no questions asked returns job. Quick and easy!

These wands had no refund policy or procedures in place. It was only established afterwards. This business just simply isn't up to standards expected of an online website .

Yes people may be easily lead, but if your lead up a path you should always be able to turn around and walk away easy!

With all the hype created around said wands - who created this hype? Her followers. Perhaps her followers are pleased with her products. Perhaps it is nay sayers that have an issue.

I'm assuming the MUF will learn from this and ensure a proper returns procedure is in place in future.

With all the hype created around said wands - who created this hype? Her followers. Perhaps her followers are pleased with her products. Perhaps it is nay sayers that have an issue.

I'm assuming the MUF will learn from this and ensure a proper returns procedure is in place in future.
    Honestly after what i saw in that pharmacy there will be some disappointed girls xmas day they will have no hope returning .. the promo pic barely resembles the reality in colour ,size or quality there is absolutely nothing luxurious about that bag

Cria wrote: »
    There's a few chemists that stock them the one in Dublin had loads they couldn't shift them she said .. office lol it's a box room why do some of these girls make out they have great lives and they are girl bosses when they are living In a box room at home selling bikinis they wore once on deepop it reeks desperation

Whatever about her selling practices i don't think there's any need to get personal and bitchy. That's neither here nor there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

I saw the bag in my local pharmacy. Just like someone else said, it is cardboard. I thought from the pictures, the bag was a solid star that was foamy, that you could zip open - it's actually 2 flat pieces of cardboard covered in material and a bit in the middle, if that makes sense. If you look at it from the side, it's not as wide as the star face. It's also smaller than I thought. I didn't get a look at the brushes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Hopeful2016

Girl boss. God I hate that phrase! Why on earth do we need to distinguish ourselves from any other successful person in business, if that's what it refers to. Can she not just be the boss or the owner or whatever?! She's not even a girl, she must be at least late twenties. I certainly don't want to be viewed differently in my career because of my gender.

Imagine a man calling himself a boy boss....

Edit to say: not an attack on TMF, I just see the phrase referred to above by Cria.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

Girl boss. God I hate that phrase! Why on earth do we need to distinguish ourselves from any other person successful person in business, if that's what it refers to. Can she not just be the boss or the owner or whatever?! She's not even a girl, she must be at least late twenties. I certainly don't want to be viewed differently in my career because of my gender.

Imagine a man calling himself a boy boss....

I don't understand the obsession with being a CEO either

wyrn wrote: »
    I saw the bag in my local pharmacy. Just like someone else said, it is cardboard. I thought from the pictures, the bag was a solid star that was foamy, that you could zip open - it's actually 2 flat pieces of cardboard covered in material and a bit in the middle, if that makes sense. If you look at it from the side, it's not as wide as the star face. It's also smaller than I thought. I didn't get a look at the brushes.

It was me who saw one I thought the same that it was padded and the actual inside would be bigger it's tiny two pieces of cheap cardboard madness for that price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Hopeful2016

Don't think I was being bitchy I was being honest these girls are making out they have amazing lives young girls are influenced by this when in actual fact the reality is some of them sleep in a room in their mothers in their 30's like there young followers it's only fact

There's nothing wrong with living at home imo. Maybe she's saving for a mortgage. I'd prefer someone lived at home than felt pressured to move out to save face even if it wasn't the right time financially. I'd imagine she's putting a lot of money in to the business to get it off the ground.

• Advertisement

Don't think I was being bitchy I was being honest these girls are making out they have amazing lives young girls are influenced by this when in actual fact the reality is some of them sleep in a room in their mothers in their 30's like there young followers it's only fact

It doesn't really do anything to support your argument about her brushes tho. Sounds like you just want to get a dig in about her still living at home. Past threads have gotten shut down for continuing on a similar bitchy tone so it's important to not go down that route again.
    Also she's never hidden the fact that she still lives at home to her followers.

It doesn't really do anything to support your argument about her brushes tho. Sounds like you just want to get a dig in about her still living at home. Past threads have gotten shut down for continuing on a similar bitchy tone so it's important to not go down that route again.
    Also she's never hidden the fact that she still lives at home to her followers.
    It's deleted now so
    We will leave it at that you have your opinion I have mine whether you think I'm making a dig or not doesn't really matter

It's deleted now so
    We will leave it at that you have your opinion I have mine whether you think I'm making a dig or not is irrelevant you have your opinion I have mine

It's just irrelevant to the thread. If you want to talk about bloggers living situations go and start a new thread about it and discuss it there

It's just irrelevant to the thread. If you want to talk about bloggers living situations go and start a new thread about it and discuss it there

It's just my opinion no big deal we will leave it at that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Don't think I was being bitchy I was being honest these girls are making out they have amazing lives young girls are influenced by this when in actual fact the reality is some of them sleep in a room in their mothers in their 30's like there young followers it's only fact..... I deleted the comment as I wasn't trying to be bitchy just honest

What's wrong with that? Isn't it better she does that rather than over extend herself and run up loads of debt. That's the right example to set. Live within your means and don't run up bills or take out mortgages she can't pay.
    Though what it has to do with brushes god only knows!!

What's wrong with that? Isn't it better she does that rather than over extend herself and run up loads of debt. That's the right example to set. Live within your means and don't run up bills or take out mortgages she can't pay.
    Though what it has to do with brushes god only knows!!
    Just An opinion don't worry about it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Laura's views is going to be posting a review soon, should be interesting, she's one of the more brutally honest ones isn't she?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Sufitzy

Laura's views is going to be posting a review soon, should be interesting, she's one of the more brutally honest ones isn't she?

Yes, she's always very honest with her reviews, looking forward to seeing it !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

Laura's Views review video is up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭heyjude88

Just watched it.

So the packaging is a bit rubbish, but the brushes are good. One or two not amazing, but a good review.

I would really trust Lauras Views reviews. She seems very sincere. The first commenter on the video though, thought that blogger had a really bad relationship with the owner of the brush company. Nice to see her saying something nice despite the previous blockings etc.

So basically the packaging and the whole "sold out presale" has most of us miffed ( on this thread and in the above video), but the brushes seem to be good. So if the owner sticks to just making a good product and cuts out all the rubbish false marketing etc and perhaps loosing the bag, it might bring the price down a bit and could be a really good affordable brush set.

Advertisement