Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Make Up Fairy new make up brush line.

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

I had a look at her snaps and they seem to be selling, which isn't a surprise. A few people have said they couldn't decide so ended up buying 2 or all 3 :eek: The shipping is pricey enough, almost £8 from what I can see.

On snapchat she applied each of the colours so you could see and said that the gloss coat stick would remain clean / clear. I'm a bit dubious. Wonder how long they'd last. Wish she would have sipped some water or something to see how much of it stays on or transfers.

Like I said earlier, I'd be tempted if you could buy them individually. Best of luck to her. Wonder what she will bring out next.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

wyrn wrote: »
    On snapchat she applied each of the colours so you could see and said that the gloss coat stick would remain clean / clear. I'm a bit dubious. Wonder how long they'd last. Wish she would have sipped some water or something to see how much of it stays on or transfers.

The gloss stick didn't stay clean when she used it on the dark Vampy Vixen colour (see second pic)...

418587.jpg

418588.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

wolfmoon87 wrote: »
    The gloss stick didn't stay clean when she used it on the dark Vampy Vixen colour (see second pic)...

418587.jpg

418588.jpg

The colour of the vampy shade looks very flat and patchy.

There's a girl on Snapchat doing a review of the Pixie Pout at the moment. Her snap name is shapesndshadows

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭scarbouro

wolfmoon87 wrote: »
    There's a girl on Snapchat doing a review of the Pixie Pout at the moment. Her snap name is shapesndshadows

I watched her snaps there. They certainly wouldn't entice me to buy them. The colours are woeful on. The first one looked like muck and the peachy one was a horrible colour also. You can see the colour transferring onto the gloss wand and into the gloss itself. Imagine how gross that will be after a few applications. The packaging is very childish looking and definitely too many images on it, it looks very busy or something. Less is more I think personally.

• Advertisement

On snapchat Joanne has some snippets of this girls (Becky's Basics) review.
    She does swatches of the Bare, and the Bright collection and gives her first impressions.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Is anyone follows Marissa Carter on snapchat she swatched all the colours and put them on her lips. They look absolutely terrible. Her top lip looked really puckered and wrinkled. Even the swatches looked a bit lumpy.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭canireally

Don't follow Marissa Carter that is interesting though. Did she say what she thought of them?

No she didn't say anything, which isn't unusual. Sometimes if she's opening gifts she'll just do it on mute. She gave plenty of snaps to all the lip kits though. I don't think it was n intention to make them look bad or anything but they made her lips look chapped.

They look cheap enough I've had no interest in buying them either they don't look like quality.

• Advertisement

8XC5f6

Not sure if this will work but I took screenshots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

http://https://www.flickr.com/photos/150656836@N03/shares/8XC5f6

Broken link for me?

http://https://www.flickr.com/photos/150656836@N03/shares/8XC5f6

Nope won't work for me either

Sorry I'm a bit useless at posting images.
    It won't let me upload from my phone as it says the file is too big.
    If anyone has any ideas I can try! So annoying

Is the page still there?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭heyjude88

MUF reposted them on her own snapchat. Up close they don't look great.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

They look like a very odd texture, they almost look pixelated or something.

Yeah they looked terrible I don't know why she posted the photos they don't do her any favours at all!

Here's the link https://www.flickr.com/photos/150656836@N03/shares/8XC5f6
    the one you had put up had an extra http:// in front of the above and that's why it wouldn't work.

That 1st picture doesn't look great for the product. After this chat I decided to try liquid lipsticks and I bought a couple of Urban Decay. Pretty happy with them and I've never had the weird lines on my lips like in the 1st pic

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Oh GOD. That top lip is the stuff of nightmares

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

anna080 wrote: »
    Oh GOD. That top lip is the stuff of nightmares

I've never seen horizontal lip wrinkles before, how does that happen?

I can t understand why she put those pictures on her own Snapchat they look terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

GingerLily wrote: »
    I've never seen horizontal lip wrinkles before, how does that happen?

I guess the product is just so drying that it's creating crevices where I didn't even know we had them! Her lips look like they are begging for moisture. I'd imagine it's only just applied too. Imagine after an hour or more it would be flaking off and patchy. Ugh!!
    Pics like that is why I avoid liquid lipstick.

anna080 wrote: »
    I guess the product is just so drying that it's creating crevices where I didn't even know we had them! Her lips look like they are begging for moisture. I'd imagine it's only just applied too. Imagine after an hour or more it would be flaking off and patchy. Ugh!!
    Pics like that is why I avoid liquid lipstick.

Those photos are awful thry look so dry and like she needs to scrub it off!!

I use the balm matte liquid ones and they don't dry my lips out at all.

I just looked at the MUF snaps and she has a camera roll of screenshots of Marissa's snaps. It's not just the Magic Magenta but the Muted Melon too has a wrinkles on Marissa's top lip! The bottom lip looks fine with both colours but the top lip looks very dry and flakey with the Muted Melon. If I were MUF I wouldn't have put those 2 pics up, just left the swatch pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

If anyone follows FitznBitz on snapchat - she used the MakeUp Fairy liquid lipsticks this morning (I've only watched up to lunchtime). A lot of product seemed to have worn off after 2 hours, including eating. She also showed that it transferred off onto her finger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 butterfly1986

<SNIP> Removed as not related to the original topic

Advertisement