Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Make Up Fairy new make up brush line.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭scarbouro

They were apparently sold out in "10 minutes" but then they were on sale again the following day on her site?! That's a strange one!

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

scarbouro wrote: »
    They were apparently sold out in "10 minutes" but then they were on sale again the following day on her site?! That's a strange one!

And why is it always a Pre Sale?? When is it just a sale?? Really dont get that and usually a pre sale you get a discount?

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SpillingTheTea

'Pre-sale' is just a crafty way to get people to scramble and buy. It obviously works, but as you say, it's just general sale because by nature, pre-sales wouldn't sell out because it's the sale before the general sale so only a select few items would be on sale.

(Also how many times can I say sale :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

I thought the first was a presale and then they were going on general sale on Sunday just gone! But on her snaps she said they are limited edition and when there gone there gone.

I assumed the presale was so she could judge the interest and not get to much or use the money from presale to buy the stock maybe? Don't understand either how they sold out and are on sale the next day in another store!

I'd say maybe she just got the terms wrong but she seems to be really smart!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭fima

The blogger that wanted to return the brushes has snapped a screenshot of an email from PayPal where she is called troublesome and threatening by the makeupfairy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

Just saw the snapchat. It's interesting in the email she claims the brushes weren't returned but in the video it's claimed they were and they have the tracking number.

I still can't believe that they are selling out that quick at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I saw that. MUF is saying she was offered a refund if she returned the brushes but apparently she never returned them. CWTH says she has proof of return.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Also the email she snapped states the MUF as saying "she returned them as she simply didnt like them. The brushes weren't faulty". Ya, she's perfectly entitled to do that.

Also, how is it a "gesture of good will" to allow them to be returned; eh no it's the law, and the fact she's the only customer returning them is neither here nor there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

From Clare WithTheHair's twitter

404097.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

It's a serious issue. A shipping dispute between two wannabes. The biggest spat since Blur vs Oasis.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Hopeful2016

It's poor form really from TMF assuming the goods were returned within the 14 day cooling off period, she needs a crash course in consumer rights and distance selling legislation. It'll reflect badly on her I feel.

From that picture does it mean that there was no reply from 22/11 to 8/12? Then paypal changed it themselves from dispute to claim? I wonder did she contact TMF fairy first and got no where or just went straight to PayPal! She should just have refunded them (if in proper condition etc) (and save herself more drama),the first day ever!

I had a look at Twitter and saw Irish consumer who are tagged in post have asked her to get in contact! Assume it's a genuine page?

Still haven't heard any proper reviews about them since they have been sent out. I'm on a page on FB and know a lot bought them but haven't been mentioned! Maybe after Xmas day!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭fima

The make up fairys behaviour and reaction to this has been awful. Spoiled, entitled brat comes to mind. She's supposed to be a big girl now and this is business. Sometimes people don't like your product, suck it up love!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posts from blogger with vested interest removed - if you want to post, please declare your interest in the topic so it's transparent to our readers

dudara

Can you get a chargeback if you've paid through PayPal?

Very bad business practice.

I've never gone through the process so I'm not sure but I'd certainly look in to it. Ultimately Paypal charges you via your card anyway so I don't see why not. It's worth looking into if the seller is frustrating the normal returns process and didn't provide returns information upfront. As far as I'm aware returns info is supposed to be included with the package for all distance selling transactions.

I remember reading before that kylie Cosmetics don't take refunds when people wanted to return stuff. Just looked on there website and says that they don't accept returns, exchanges or refunds. Maybe different law in states?

My father made a dispute with PayPal. Nothing from sender! Turned to dispute. Nothing from Sender. PayPal gave money back then. Not sure how long it took. So if they don't come to some agreement or seller doesn't contact money will be given.
    I'm sure if the buyer can prove to PayPal they sent brushes and that they were received and seller won't give money. PayPal will give buyer money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

idunno78 wrote: »
    I remember reading before that kylie Cosmetics don't take refunds when people wanted to return stuff. Just looked on there website and says that they don't accept returns, exchanges or refunds. Maybe different law in states?

My father made a dispute with PayPal. Nothing from sender! Turned to dispute. Nothing from Sender. PayPal gave money back then. Not sure how long it took. So if they don't come to some agreement or seller doesn't contact money will be given.
    I'm sure if the buyer can prove to PayPal they sent brushes and that they were received and seller won't give money. PayPal will give buyer money back.

The law is defo different in the US, and most cosmetics brand allow you to return almost anything even when used! (Not sure if that's the law or a gesture of goodwill) Also I've noticed that Americans keep their receipts and if an item goes on sale within a certain timeframe they go and get back the difference. Totally off topic but I've always been amazed by their returns policies.

Looking at snapchat it seems it's being escalated. It seems so silly when it could have just been resolved quietly and put to bed. In fact, I was convinced that is what would happen after the Twitter apology.

https://twitter.com/clarewiththehai/status/810212285159526400

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

I'm a bit conflicted about this. 100% she deserves her refund but what the seller is saying is true. She did slate the brushes online. She may well have threatened the seller, we'll never know. Still entitled to her refund if she did return them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

The seller insinuated she'd never get a refund with "i hope she learns to love them". If I buy a dress from misguided that's a lot cheaper looking in real life, I'd post about it too. No difference

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SpillingTheTea

I think MUF really handled this situation really badly. I mean it's not like CWTH went out to slate the product from the start. She was obviously excited to purchase the brushes and was rightfully disappointed.
    MUF didn't seem to like the critique from the get go because she used her 'my dog is sick' excuse, but this is business. Give the refund and move on. The longer this goes on the less it fares favourably on EnchantByJL

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

It wouldn't be at all one trying to generate a bit of attention for herself and the other one totaly falling for it and making even bigger mess out of it.

Nah I am just to cynical and she really neede those brushes because they looked so much superior quality than the free samples they usually receive.

Well it's been resolved, I'm pretty sure all of this could have been avoided.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

wyrn wrote: »
    Well it's been resolved, I'm pretty sure all of this could have been avoided.

How has it been resolved?

meeeeh wrote: »
    It wouldn't be at all one trying to generate a bit of attention for herself and the other one totaly falling for it and making even bigger mess out of it.

Nah I am just to cynical and she really neede those brushes because they looked so much superior quality than the free samples they usually receive.

That's neither here nor there really, the law is the law.

How has it been resolved?

Paypal notified CWTH that she will be refunded.

PayPal said they reviewed it and went in her favour. Picture on her Twitter! Don usually follow her but glad she got her refund.

She did go Bit overboard on Twitter this morning (i think) but I suppose she wasn't getting her refund so I guess was frustrated. People do write on FB pages and that when they don't get adequate customer care and I guess this is no different!

I must say thought the bag/star looks completely different in the promo snaps to the real thing! I wouldn't be to impressed either after seeing he side by side!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Paypal notified CWTH that she will be refunded.

I wonder will tmf get in trouble for breaching online selling regulations.
    It'll make people think twice about buying from her and I'm sure the whole mess is easily found by googling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Yeah to be honest the promo shot with her and the bag is nowhere near like the bag she got

• Advertisement

I wonder will tmf get in trouble for breaching online selling regulations.
    It'll make people think twice about buying from her and I'm sure the whole mess is easily found by googling.

It certainly wouldn't inspire confidence in her dealing reasonably with any issues that might arise. Like if you spent nearly €100 on a set of brushes and they started to shed badly or fall apart a few months later. What hope you have that she would repair replace or refund as per consumer legislation? I fear you'd end up going down the small claims court route.

Advertisement