Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Make Up Fairy new make up brush line.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

That's neither here nor there really, the law is the law.

And because the law is the law you can resolve it without plastering it all over the twitter. But that wouldn't be fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Hopeful2016

meeeeh wrote: »
    And because the law is the law you can resolve it without plastering it all over the twitter. But that wouldn't be fun.

It's reasonably common to see people highlight on social media instances of poor customer service or difficulty in achieving a reasonable outcome when issues arise. CWTH is not unique in that and €98 is not an insignificant amount of money to be told to learn to love the brushes when she was within her rights to return them. It does appear that MUF wasn't playing by the rules and now the situation has been regularised. Hopefully it's a lesson learned by MUF unless she's of the opinion that there's no such thing as bad publicity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

What does that have to do with breaking the online selling regulations? Tmf had to be forced by PayPal to refund her that's appalling business practice and she should be punished.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

What does that have to do with breaking the online selling regulations? Tmf had to be forced by PayPal to refund her that's appalling business practice and she should be punished.

What punishment are you suggesting? Public flogging?

We had plenty of disputes with smaller sellers, that kind of stuff is far from uncommon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

How is that anyway related to the topic of the brushes?

This is why threads about bloggers get closed. Saying <SNIP> has absolutely nothing to do with the topic it's just throwing a dig.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Sorry if im wrong
    Just stating a fact tho

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I think a lot of people who were on the fence about buying them will certainly now be put off buying them now. She (TMUF) was extremely unprofessional in how she handled this and made herself come across as petty and entitled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

meeeeh wrote: »
    What punishment are you suggesting? Public flogging?

We had plenty of disputes with smaller sellers, that kind of stuff is far from uncommon.

A breach of consumer regulations should have some kind of comeback, though gaining a bad reputation when people go looking for feedback on her items is probably damage enough. I wouldn't buy anything from her now.

Smart comments are of course just as important....

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

She bought them with her own money so even tho she has a following, she was still a customer! It should have been pretty straight forward. Customer wasn't happy so wanted refund. It didn't go in her favour so she went to social media like a lot of people do these days! She got her refund but not because the Seller agreed. Because PayPal did it. Seller still didn't agree to it.

I saw in a different thread a woman returning some jeans she bought I bet she won't run into this problem!

The more I think about it if some one told me to 'learn to love' something I bought of them and wanted to return! I'd be damn sure I got my money back!!!

bigpink wrote: »
    Sorry if im wrong
    Just stating a fact tho

It's not a fact. I have never once seen anything from <SNIP>. If you are seeing her posts it's because you or your friends are following her and liking her posts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SpillingTheTea

I'm just wondering how TMF (and others) still get to use the term 'pre-sale' now after general sale has already come and gone. Last week EnchantByJL on twitter announced there was a 'Final Christmas pre sale and restock'.. but that is false. The general sale would have already happened in order for there to be a restock ??

It's shady marketing IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭heyjude88

After doing all the pushing for the presales, today she tells people, Meaghers pharmacy have them now and there's 15 percent off (and free shipping). Like what was the point of the pre sale? If I was one of those customers dying to get my hands on them i'd be pretty annoyed today. Also, I'm sure Meaghers would have a better refund policy.

Can't be doing too well if she's able to discount it by over 20 euro.

heyjude88 wrote: »
    After doing all the pushing for the presales, today she tells people, Meaghers pharmacy have them now and there's 15 percent off (and free shipping). Like what was the point of the pre sale? If I was one of those customers dying to get my hands on them i'd be pretty annoyed today. Also, I'm sure Meaghers would have a better refund policy.

Can't be doing too well if she's able to discount it by over 20 euro.

Love how we obviously are thinking the same as we posted basically the same thing :D haha

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭heyjude88

Love how we obviously are thinking the same as we posted basically the same thing :D haha

great minds :P

Really annoyed me after watching her snaps so had to vent :)

I just don't understand how they can get away with using the term pre sale haha I mean that's like saying a product that's never sold before has an RRP.
    Hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

I just don't understand how they can get away with using the term pre sale haha I mean that's like saying a product that's never sold before has an RRP.
    Hahaha

Go ahead and ask her on Twitter/Instagram about using the term pre sale or asking why she says they are sold out when clearly not.

Guarantee you will get an instant block!

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

On cwth twitter PayPal resolved the issue not TMF CWTH put up after it was resolved that TMF emailed her asking her what her motivation was behind her endeavour I'm in shock at how unprofessional she is acting also the photo looked nothing like the promotional photo I would be so disappointed

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Guys - stay factual please. The thread is running pretty well so far, let's keep it going

dudara

Cria wrote: »
    On cwth twitter PayPal resolved the issue not TMF CWTH put up after it was resolved that TMF emailed her asking her what her motivation was behind her endeavour I'm in shock at how unprofessional she is acting also the photo looked nothing like the promotional photo I would be so disappointed

That email :eek: !!!!

She didn't even spell her name correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

If the policy wasn't followed and all the info regarding threatening emails were all sent to PayPal weeks before for review! Surly PayPal wouldn't have refunded the money!?

• Advertisement

Where can I see the e mail?

Edit: just saw it on CWH Twitter. How petty.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

That email is very unprofessional...? Jesus

Even if she did return them 15 days too late, the MUF hasn't stated anywhere about refund policy and how many days you have to refund them. You can't make up refund policy after you have sold the item.

anna080 wrote: »
    Even if she did return them 15 days too late, the MUF hasn't stated anywhere about refund policy and how many days you have to refund them. You can't make up refund policy after you have sold the item.

This is the clincher for me. CWTH highlighted from the day she received the brushes that she couldn't find return details anywhere for the brushes. This info is supposed to be included with the goods. She appears to have returned them late but that seems to have been down to the lack of information on the part of the seller. Paypal have ruled in her (CWTH) favour too even though she had gone beyond the 14 days which suggests there were other factors at play in their decision, most likely the lack of returns info.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

I didn't even notice that she spelt it wrong how embarrassing not even sure why she needed to email after it was resolved by PayPal

She's really let herself down by how she handled it.

I think the whole thing needs to be put to bed now. Clare has her refund and she has the emails on her Twitter should anyone want to read them. She's running the risk of looking a tad obsessive about the situation now. She should just let it be.

I'm actually finding the charade kind of amusing now I have to say. The email was gas. Wonder if that is the end of it.

It's fair warning to others who might be thinking of buying anything from Enchant Beauty in the future though.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

I presume everything will be removed from twitter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

The email was very passive aggressive. Awful carry on altogether!

Advertisement