Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card and ICB report mortgage application

• 04-11-2016 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hi

I was wondering if someone could help. Myself and my husband are going to go for a mortgage in the next month. I am really stressed about credit report (I ordered one this morning). We both had loans which we cleared off without missing a payment probably 3 years ago. I currently have a mortgage for last 5 years and too never missed a payment always on time. We have been saving 3000 per month for the last 2 years.

My question is in July 2014 I missed two credit card payments by total mistake (each payment was only 11 euro) as soon as I realised I paid but it did say on my statement 2 months arrears before I realised that I forgot to pay. The credit card was with bank of Ireland I just made the payment when I realised and haven't thought about it until now when we have decided to go for a mortgage.

My husband missed one or two payments in 2013 and w014 but neither of us ever had credit cards revoked.

Will this impact us on a mortgage application?

Do bank of Ireland report missed credit card payments to the icb immediately or do they give you time?

Would really appreciate any advice quite stessed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

Hi OP,

I accidentally missed one credit payment with BOI a few months ago due to my direct debit not coming out. The missed payment never showed up on my report. I noticed it within 3 days and paid it then so not sure if that made a difference?

I'm recently mortgage approved and while I was stressing about it incase it showed up, my mortgage advisor said to me that one or two showing on the report wouldn't make a difference to the application, which I was surprised about! Once you get your report best thing to do is to speak with your advisor, good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭Mockba

The report only shows the transactions for the last 24 months. Yours will be outside that so it wont show on the report.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭lbyrne121

Hi

I really need advice as I am stressing!! I missed two consecutive credit card payments in July 2014 as an oversight the second I realised I paid a certain amount of the balance (450 on credit card)

I am now applying for a mortgage will this impact me??

I have nevery missed a payment since

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

You can get your credit rating from the ICB but don't stress too much, I'd imagine this won't even be on it and if it is it will only show up as late payments twice. Get on to the ICB for your peace of mind, it may not even be on there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭cmac2009

lbyrne121 wrote: »
    Hi

I really need advice as I am stressing!! I missed two consecutive credit card payments in July 2014 as an oversight the second I realised I paid a certain amount of the balance (450 on credit card)

I am now applying for a mortgage will this impact me??

I have nevery missed a payment since

Think they only list 24 months of payments so should be the the clear on ICB report

• Advertisement

If it doesn't show on the last 24 months how will I know if he effected my credit rating.. will the banks see past 24 months when looking into my mortgage application?

Thanks for your responses

I have requested the report as of today so just waiting.
    If it only shows 25 months is this all the banks will see?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Threads merged. Please don't create multiple threads on the same topic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

The banks will only see whatever you see on the ICB report unless it's a court judgement.

Thanks everyone for their replies greatly appreciated

• Advertisement
Advertisement