Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling account if moving to house where there is already an account?

Options
  • 04-11-2016 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,038 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm going to be moving house in the new year, moving in with others. There is already an Eir account in the house I'm moving to, so obviously I won't need a second account. My current account with Eir is an 18 month contract, starting in March this year. When I move what will happen with my account? Will I be on the hook for the remaining ~8 months of payments? Or is there some way around this? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

dulpit wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I'm going to be moving house in the new year, moving in with others. There is already an Eir account in the house I'm moving to, so obviously I won't need a second account. My current account with Eir is an 18 month contract, starting in March this year. When I move what will happen with my account? Will I be on the hook for the remaining ~8 months of payments? Or is there some way around this? 
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]dulpit,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]The only way around this is to move your service elsewhere I'm afraid. You would need to move your existing service into your new home. The other option is to cancel the account & pay the remainder of the contract. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 11,038 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Hey guys,

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]The only way around this is to move your service elsewhere I'm afraid. You would need to move your existing service into your new home. The other option is to cancel the account & pay the remainder of the contract. [/font]

Hey,

Is the remainder of the contract then the monthly fee x months left? 

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]The only way around this is to move your service elsewhere I'm afraid.[/font]

Also Dulpit, 

FYI What they really mean is you would need to move your existing service to your new home and take out a new contract. They always conveniently leave out the new contract part. I have been stung with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hey guys,

Hey,

Is the remainder of the contract then the monthly fee x months left? 
    That's correct dulpit, your bundle cost by the remaining contract length.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Advertisement