Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport hand luggage DE razor

Options
  • 04-11-2016 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭

Can I bring a safety razor without a blade through hand luggage security? I could post it home otherwise but it would be easier to bring it with me. Don't want to loose my nice Gilette though.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Yep, I've brought the razor (no blades) through many times as both carry-on and checked baggage. Never had a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Caroleia

yes, no problem once there's no blade. Have checked this with someone who works there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Take it out of the bag and put it in the try with your keys and change. Have open to show no blade. I've done this many times with no problems. They may ask if you are carrying any blades in your bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Thanks guys. I was thinking of putting it into the little see through bags with liquids and just mentioning it to them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

Take it out of the bag and put it in the try with your keys and change. Have open to show no blade. I've done this many times with no problems. They may ask if you are carrying any blades in your bag.

So what do you use for blades then when you arrive at your destination?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

nc6000 wrote: »
    So what do you use for blades then when you arrive at your destination?

I just buy them locally or post some out where I'm staying. Or, put them in with the checked in luggage. I've never had trouble finding blades yet. If I ever do get stuck then I'll just have to make do with a modern disposable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭The Wolverine

I just buy them locally or post some out where I'm staying. Or, put them in with the checked in luggage. I've never had trouble finding blades yet. If I ever do get stuck then I'll just have to make do with a modern disposable.

Yeah sure surely it's OK put them in with your main cargo hold luggage

We like our DEs but you'll hardly have a quick shave during the flight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Was just at folks home for a few days, I'd left it there the last time. I live in the UK so its easy to post a few blades out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

The razor is fine. Blades are not.

https://www.dublinairport.com/at-the-airport/passenger-information/airport-security/hand-baggage

I fail to see some of the logic personally. You can carry a 6cm knife or scissors but not a sealed pack of blades which are shorter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

Orion wrote: »
    The razor is fine. Blades are not.

https://www.dublinairport.com/at-the-airport/passenger-information/airport-security/hand-baggage

I fail to see some of the logic personally. You can carry a 6cm knife or scissors but not a sealed pack of blades which are shorter.

Same here. I don't really see why you can't bring through a DE Razor with a blade in it but it's OK to bring through a cartridge razor with maybe 5 blades in it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement