Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Same old Sh1t again!

Options
  • 04-11-2016 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭

So Enda is visiting the hospital Again and is also visiting Sacred Heart Hospital with Minister for Health.....to re hash the same thing we have heard countless times before.I wonder if the taxis and ambulances will be on call again to sweep patients away from an over crowded A & E so as to have it all nice and tidy for the visit as happened last time!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

If that's really what's going on, and I dont doubt it is, why doesnt some one get down there with a camera and capture it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Gun_Slinger

Was in A&E last week with my daughter (a Tuesday evening I think) and counted 15 people on trollies. They were piled on top of each other and also they had 2 patients in some of the rooms. Sickening situation for the staff (and of course patients) but they couldn't have been more helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

We're expecting (well herself is) and fortunate enough to be going private so we are getting scans etc. on schedule. Was talking to a girl who is public and won't get her first scan until 28 WEEKS!

Absolutely mind boggling that in this day and age for a supposed 1st world country this is the best that can be done.

Our medical service is an absolute f*cking mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,197 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

We're expecting (well herself is) and fortunate enough to be going private so we are getting scans etc. on schedule. Was talking to a girl who is public and won't get her first scan until 28 WEEKS!

Absolutely mind boggling that in this day and age for a supposed 1st world country this is the best that can be done.

Our medical service is an absolute f*cking mess.

If they waited any longer it'd be a selfie rather than a scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭unit 1

ethical wrote: »
    So Enda is visiting the hospital Again and is also visiting Sacred Heart Hospital with Minister for Health.....to re hash the same thing we have heard countless times before.I wonder if the taxis and ambulances will be on call again to sweep patients away from an over crowded A & E so as to have it all nice and tidy for the visit as happened last time!

How do you know that is what happened.
    I'm guessing the usual whingers will spread the "good word" that enda is useless, wooden, a clown, hidden from the media, has'nt a clue, blah blah blah.

The truth is that politically motivated people always use things like this to denigrate their opponents, while a large amount of the general public lap it up as "scandalous" when in fact its usually business as usual the next day.

By a big margin EK has easily been the best taoiseach in recent times, given the task in hand.
    Maybe people would prefer to go back to talking about the IMF, massive unemployment, massive budget deficits, and a genuine fear over the existence of the state. You do recall in recent years having to get an emergency loan of 7 billion from the uk just to keep the lights on.

Simple truth is we are in a far better place than 5 years ago, it's just that many people cannot see it from the spin, from those who supported those who put us in that position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

unit 1 wrote: »

Simple truth is we are in a far better place than 5 years ago,

Five years we ago we did not have to pay........

property tax
    water charges to name but two of the hits Kenny and his governments have hit us with.

Ask the the man/woman on the street if they are in a better place?

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ethical

I was unfortunate enough to spend some time in hospital recently.Wonderful staff.young doctors that actually spoke to you,hard working nurses as always,thoughtful consultants (except for the Gobsh*t!,there is always one of them!!!),I happened to talk to a fair number of staff including ambulance personnel who confirmed the fiasco that went on last time Leo was in town.As to whether people are better off now than 5 years ago,there probably are some.Others are in a much worse place,personally speaking I have had a wage reduction for the past 5 years ,year on year!

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭unit 1

ureds wrote: »
    Five years we ago we did not have to pay........

property tax
    water charges to name but two of the hits Kenny and his governments have hit us with.

Ask the the man/woman on the street if they are in a better place?

I am a man/woman, on the street. To put it into context the tax reductions by the last/this government almost compensate for the above, which in the grand scheme of things are modest enough charges. (no I am not well off, in fact I would be working class)
    Water charges (FF style €400p.a) are indeed modest, costing as little as €3 per week. (pension up €5 per week)
    Property tax pales in comparison to usc (again FF) without even mentioning pension levy for ps, and general pay cuts all round.
    There is a corterie of people out there who want to equate any current hardship with the previous/current government, when in fact our current woes are directly related to the disastrous FF governments.
    Ask any man/woman on the street where was MM and WOD and EOC on the night of the bank guarantee. (That right, they were in bed)

FF created a disaster that was just not for christmas, it was for at least for a decade, with the hope that people would forget and blame Kenny. Go figure.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

unit 1 wrote: »
    I am a man/woman, on the street. To put it into context the tax reductions by the last/this government almost compensate for the above, which in the grand scheme of things are modest enough charges. (no I am not well off, in fact I would be working class)
    Water charges (FF style €400p.a) are indeed modest, costing as little as €3 per week. (pension up €5 per week)
    Property tax pales in comparison to usc (again FF) without even mentioning pension levy for ps, and general pay cuts all round.
    There is a corterie of people out there who want to equate any current hardship with the previous/current government, when in fact our current woes are directly related to the disastrous FF governments.
    Ask any man/woman on the street where was MM and WOD and EOC on the night of the bank guarantee. (That right, they were in bed)

FF created a disaster that was just not for christmas, it was for at least for a decade, with the hope that people would forget and blame Kenny. Go figure.

FF ruined it, FG fixed a bit of it while introducing more pain. Definitely worse off than 5 years and been screwed by massive insurance increases in health and motor/house, increases ignored by FG.
    USC was a temp measure, still exists, FG have ignored that too.

FG and FF are one of the same, Enda is no better than the other clowns who were there.

Mayo general is a disgrace for the way its run, mangers tripping over managers yet the excellent front line staff are to the bone. Was an issue when FF were in power and still and possibly a bigger issue now with FG in charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

I have been in A&E in Castlebar 4 times in the last year and a half. Twice for myself and twice for my farther.

On one occasion I had a problem with my eye. I was in and out within an hour. Brilliant service.
    The other occasion I broke a bone in my foot. Considering the low urgency of my complaint on a busy night, I couldn't complain at the service I got. I don't recall waiting 'ages'.

My dad had a mini stroke twice in the last 4 months. He was in A&E first for half an hour before he got a bed, and 2 hours after the second one.

I have no complaints whatsoever about the service I got from Castlebar A&E. And I have never seem anyone 'piling up on each other' as some others have stated their experiences were. Nothing like it in fact.

• Advertisement
Advertisement