Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sensory therapy product for SPD and autism

Options
  • 04-11-2016 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

Hi my name is Vlad
    I'm an design student working on a project to incorporate new textile technology into sensory products, for example antibacterial fabrics , responsive tactile fabrics. The product would be aimed at children age 3-12 with sensory processing disorders. I'd like to reach out to parents with children with sensory processing disorders or autism. I'm looking to gain some insights to develop a concept for a product that could help children with SPD and their families.

Is there any resources you would recommend for me to research on sensory therapies?

From your experience what kinds of sensory therapies have been effective?

In your opinion what are the best products currently available for children with sensory processing disorders?

What are the least effective products available ?

Is there any techniques you use to try deal with/ prevent sensory overload in children with sensory processing disorders?

Is there any properties of fabrics that you find people with sensory processing disorders are more likely to enjoy? eg. weighted products, certain textures, colors etc..

What age do you feel theses products/ therapies are the most effective?

Would you be interested in incorporating reactive textiles into sensory environments? eg. textiles that change color under different lighting, sound reactive materials?

Would you think a child with a sensory processing disorder benefit from portable?wearable sensory items?

Thank you for your help

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement