Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hkc 10/70 part set problem

Options
  • 04-11-2016 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi guys
    I have recently upgraded my hkc 8/12 to a 10/70, everything is working great other than the part set options. I have 3 pir's in the system, for part set a I want to exclude them from arming. I have excluded the 3 of them in zone options but after arming the red alarm light on the keypad flashes but the alarm does not activate, so it works but why is the red alarm light still flashing?? Any help here greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Red light flashing on part set is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Padre1980

Really? I don't think my 8/12 did that but we had not used the part set in years

Thanks Fred

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It can be disabled in the Devices Menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Padre1980 wrote:
    Really? I don't think my 8/12 did that but we had not used the part set in years

A change in standards caused that.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

And a change in standards brought it back again. It's not visible from an unprotected area is it??

• Advertisement

No it's not visible from an unprotected area

Hoping to add some wireless sensors to it next along with a Wifi card to use the HKC app

How easy/Difficult is it to configure the for use with the app?

Padre1980 wrote: »

How easy/Difficult is it to configure the for use with the app?

It's easy to set up.
    The difficult part is paying monthly for what every other manufacturer offers for free.

KoolKid wrote: »
    It's easy to set up.
    The difficult part is paying monthly for what every other manufacturer offers for free.

You pay for what you get. I've been there and done that with other systems and I can give you a synopsis of the horrendous problems I've had with a system you recommend if you like? It won't be pretty mind.

Check out the sticky re the apps.
    8 hour polling as opposed to 20 seconds to 5 minutes for free?????

KoolKid wrote: »
    Check out the sticky re the apps.
    8 hour polling as opposed to 20 seconds to 5 minutes for free?????

What about all the faults? Comms lost? GSM drop outs? Batteries dieing after a few months? Tamper switches falling apart? Range issues?
    There's a lot more too. I'm hearing almost every install there's at least one call back within six months.

Apart from my own personal dreadful experience these are things I'm hearing from someone who has been installing these for a few years, someone who has installed, maybe a 100 systems.

Buy cheap buy twice.

• Advertisement

Typical speel. I was talking about the woeful polling and charges compared to any other panel with apps and you go on a rant about one make and totally seperate issues.

One more got you guys, I have turned on the chime feature for the front door but not getting any chime from the keypad or the internal siren, am I missing something here?

Have you gone to the user menu and turned chime on?
    If the front door is zone 1 chime should be enabled by default. On any other zone it may have to be enabled in engineer>Zone Options.

Advertisement