Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,106 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

JFH still looks fit saw Guddy on TV over Christmas he might still do a job (though it is difficult to get over him going to Spurs).

JFH is currently doing the footballing equivalent of moving the furniture around on the Titanic (trying to keep Northampton Town up) so hands off.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Agree 100%
    He doesn't fit in, board have seen the potential profit and it's their usual "just sign someone" transfer window dealing.

I really don't think that's the case, he's been a target for about 4 windows

GavRedKing wrote: »
    The signing of Barkley though, if it does go through will probably mean the end of RLC at the club, sadly.

I don't think that's the case at all. It's a bit more cramped, but if RLC comes back after a 2 year solid loan spell like Christensen, he'll be well placed. They have similarities on paper, but 2 very diff players imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

JFH is currently doing the footballing equivalent of moving the furniture around on the Titanic (trying to keep Northampton Town up) so hands off.

Been lucky enough to see some great strikers at Chelsea Tambling, Ozzie, Teddy Maybank (:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:), Dixon, Luca, Sparkie, the Drog, Anelka, Costa but I think JFH was the best striker I have seen in a Chelsea shirt. I loved his attitude never happy worked and worked.
    I still think if we had got him directly from Leeds instead of the season sabbatical at Atletico we would have won the league that year.

If Morata could shoot half as well as Jimmy we'd be sorted :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,274 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Doesn't hurt to have more bodies and he's a player who has shown his talent at times.

I'd wonder about his attitude, though, and he's not going to be forcing anyone out of the side for the time being. Homegrown player so that will help.

Lukker- wrote: »
    If Morata could shoot half as well as Jimmy we'd be sorted :(

That would be cool

Doesn't hurt to have more bodies and he's a player who has shown his talent at times.

I'd wonder about his attitude, though, and he's not going to be forcing anyone out of the side for the time being. Homegrown player so that will help.

Plenty of actual homegrown players to make up the bodies. Buying for the sake of it imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

The best thing about this deal is the price.

Theres plenty of talent there he just needs some discipline and better decision making in his game and he'll be a good player.

I still have hopes for RLC that he'll make it here but bringing in Barkley looks like it could be the end of RLC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Advertisement

Welcome Ross Barkley, help yourself to the #8 jersey, good lad.

Welcome Ross Barkley, help yourself to the #8 jersey, good lad.

the sacred 8 , denis will be upset

If he ends up being half as good as Lampard he'd be probably the 2nd or 3rd best English CM ever in the PL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Garzorico

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Do you agree that bellerin kicked hazard after the ball was gone?

Better view doesn't mean he saw it

Conte spitting straight truths.
    Conte on Mourinho's 'clowns on the touchline' remark: "I think maybe he was talking about himself in the past. Sometimes people can forget what they did in the past"

norwich (ross barkley ) press conf

Ross Barkley is a young English player with good prospects but the club, not him, will inform on any news on a transfer

"For sure, we are talking about an English player, a young player who has a good prospect for Chelsea. I think the club decided this investment for his contract, I think it is a good opportunity for the club to buy this player."

"It is important to understand when he can recover from his injury. He has had a long injury with surgery, he's not played for seven months. This is if he signs for the club because they will inform you if they have news"

declines to comment further on transfer targets. He has given his opinion to the club.

on Andy Carroll questions: "The club sign the players not me, the club try to sign players, do you understand. The club try to do the best for this team"

there are a lot of media speculation stories about him this season. He says it is due to the history here, and normal when you are an important coach.

if Arsene Wenger watches Wednesday's game again, he will understand he was lucky with the refereeing decisions.
    on managers talking about him: "It is very strange because I don't like to speak about other coaches and other players. I think this is a form of respect that you must have. Sometimes Wenger forgets that in the last few games (against them) we finished with 10 men"

Morata's stats for goals and assists this season are good. He adds the player has lots of space for improvement but can be one of the best strikers in the world.
    "Don't forget he's only 25-years-old. This is the first team he's playing regularly. I am happy, the club is happy. He has a lot of space for improvement, we are talking about one of the strikers that can become one of the best players in the world."
    "If Alvaro had scored, for sure we'd have won the game against Arsenal. This is his job, for the striker there are many chances to score or to make mistakes.
    "I think if Arsene watches the game again, he'll understand that HE was very lucky in the game with the refereeing decisions."

on the FA Cup team selection: "When you play every 3 days and especially after the Christmas period you have to make rotations."

"David Luiz is ready, he will be in contention for tomorrow's game. The only problem we have is with Hazard because he had a kick in his calf [vs Arsenal]. We have to try to solve this problem

Eden Hazard looks like he'll miss tomorrow's game against Norwich City with a calf injury.

peteeeed wrote: »
    on Andy Carroll questions: "The club sign the players not me, the club try to sign players, do you understand. The club try to do the best for this team"

If this comes true, we riot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

The piss taking I've done to Liverpool fans over the years would really be coming back to bite me

Fair enough there's United fans who took the piss out of Jose for years before they got him, but this is on a different level altogether

peteeeed wrote: »
    norwich (ross barkley ) press conf

Ross Barkley is a young English player with good prospects but the club, not him, will inform on any news on a transfer

"For sure, we are talking about an English player, a young player who has a good prospect for Chelsea. I think the club decided this investment for his contract, I think it is a good opportunity for the club to buy this player."

"It is important to understand when he can recover from his injury. He has had a long injury with surgery, he's not played for seven months. This is if he signs for the club because they will inform you if they have news"

declines to comment further on transfer targets. He has given his opinion to the club.

there are a lot of media speculation stories about him this season. He says it is due to the history here, and normal when you are an important coach.

if Arsene Wenger watches Wednesday's game again, he will understand he was lucky with the refereeing decisions.
    on managers talking about him: "It is very strange because I don't like to speak about other coaches and other players. I think this is a form of respect that you must have. Sometimes Wenger forgets that in the last few games (against them) we finished with 10 men"

Morata's stats for goals and assists this season are good. He adds the player has lots of space for improvement but can be one of the best strikers in the world.
    "Don't forget he's only 25-years-old. This is the first team he's playing regularly. I am happy, the club is happy. He has a lot of space for improvement, we are talking about one of the strikers that can become one of the best players in the world."
    "If Alvaro had scored, for sure we'd have won the game against Arsenal. This is his job, for the striker there are many chances to score or to make mistakes.
    "I think if Arsene watches the game again, he'll understand that HE was very lucky in the game with the refereeing decisions."

on the FA Cup team selection: "When you play every 3 days and especially after the Christmas period you have to make rotations."

"David Luiz is ready, he will be in contention for tomorrow's game. The only problem we have is with Hazard because he had a kick in his calf [vs Arsenal]. We have to try to solve this problem

Eden Hazard looks like he'll miss tomorrow's game against Norwich City with a calf injury.

He can not have a calf injury as he was quite clearly not kicked there by any Arsenal PLAYER............................

• Advertisement

I dont think Hazard was going to feature at all, unless we were losing and had to chase the game.

Team pretty much picks itself for tomorrow and I reckon we'll go 3-4-3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,641 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Do you agree that bellerin kicked hazard after the ball was gone?
    No. They both tried to kick the ball at the same time. Hazard got there slightly ahead of Bellerin but there was not much in it. No intent to kick Hazard. Very harsh penalty for me. Hazard certainly wasn't kicked in the ankle, it was more underneath his foot, but he lay there grasping his ankle looking for the peno.

No. They both tried to kick the ball at the same time. Hazard got there slightly ahead of Bellerin but there was not much in it. No intent to kick Hazard. Very harsh penalty for me. Hazard certainly wasn't kicked in the ankle, it was more underneath his foot, but he lay there grasping his ankle looking for the peno.

Chelsea Burnley first game of the season Cahill miss controls the ball tries to recover Burnley player got the ball just before Cahill. Red card Cahill. No intent, just a very very slightly late challenge red all day though.

Same could be said of Mane with City keeper I dont think there was any intent still a red all day though.

Bellerin missed the ball kicked Hazard penalty end of.

Cause and effect has to come into play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

But he was kicked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,641 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I would have no problem with either of your posts IF it was the norm but it's not.
    If everyone was penalised for that kind of action BUT last night shows that they're not and it's certainly not the norm.
    Now I dislike Wenger and want to see him gone but on this issue I have to agree with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Maybe its a cunning plan to make Morata look good :)

• Advertisement

bullpost wrote: »
    Maybe its a cunning plan to make Morata look good :)

Bring back one of our famous number 9's to make Morata look better by comparison

No not Torres, or Falcao (actually doing well so he is), nor Kezman or even Steve Sidwell

The legendary number 9 Khalid Boulahrouz

Bring back one of our famous number 9's to make Morata look better by comparison

No not Torres, or Falcao (actually doing well so he is), nor Kezman or even Steve Sidwell

Franco Di Santo deserves a shout. :o

Franco Di Santo deserves a shout. :o

Barely remember that buck ever actually playing for Chelsea, so yeah he's perfect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,274 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Hahaha, I always cringe when I remember him lining out for us. He was a disaster.

• Advertisement

352 will be a permanent fixture now I'd be thinking, now that we have 5 real cms

With this signing I'd put RLC out on loan again next season in the PL, maybe he can then replace Cesc (in squad terms anyway) who'd be coming near the end of his powers by then you'd think, he'd be 32 but like Rooney he's playing since 16/17 so don't see him being able to play long into his 30s

Great signing, always thought he'd be a great addition.

Marina looking spicy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Garzorico

I wouldn't mind spending s few quid on the Everton centre half Holgate - tough and good ball player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

I’m delighted with the Barkley signing and for only 15m? Very good business. Well worth a punt, the lad just needs the right coaching to bring the goods out of him.

I’m delighted with the Barkley signing and for only 15m? Very good business. Well worth a punt, the lad just needs the right coaching to bring the goods out of him.

He's certainly got the tools.

Diego Costa sent off for 2nd yellow after celebrating with crowd after scoring a goal, on his home return

It's funny when he's someone else's problem :pac:

Strong enough team

Strong team, indifferent start so far.

• Advertisement

Michy is a poor CF, cant hold anything up and bring anyone into play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Luiz looking rusty

greendom wrote: »
    Luiz looking rusty

Very, Christensen wont be worried at all, Conte might though. :pac:

Murphy has been good for them very lively and direct.

Best player out there so far.

Chelsea have been very poor.

Very pedestrian so far.

young lads wont be coming out if it stays like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Very, Christensen wont be worried at all, Conte might though. :pac:

I imagine a player of his stature will want to move on if not getting 1st team football. Back to Paris maybe?:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

I'm going to take a few minutes from the game to go watch some paint dry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Shocking performance, everything is so slow.

Duck Soup wrote: »
    I'm going to take a few minutes from the game to go watch some paint dry.

I'm gonna wash my eyes out with bleach at HT, see if it improves the game.

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »
    I imagine a player of his stature will want to move on if not getting 1st team football. Back to Paris maybe?:pac:

No idea mate, I'd say he'll be gone in the summer though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement