Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

1194195196197198200»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

LiamoSail wrote: »
    97.5% is excellent, but that doesn't give private companies the right to take from private citizens. This isn't a hospital, a road or some other public amenity, it's a private business acting in their own interests.

I don't agree that an individual should be able to veto a development such as this, but I do think compensation should be substantial and certainly in the region of the value of their house

Theyre not taking anything, theyve offered more than the market share for these peoples " right to light". If they sold the house tomorrow theyed make millions, regardless of a bit of shadow over their garden. The house is bordered by a graveyard, a rail line and a stadium, its hardly the Cotswolds that theyre looking out at in the afternoon.

In the long run, these residents will lose anyway, the council will find in favour of the main attraction in the area, they'll get paid and everyone will move on, that or they'll be bought out, Russian style. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Indeed a District Line train trundling by every 5 minutes would be a little more annoying you would have thought.

Having a stadium and a graveyard in close proximity I would have thought is a good thing apart from about 30 days a year (Chelsea have confirmed this is a football stadium only nothing else will be TAKE PLACE THERE) THE NEIGHBOURS WOULD BE VERY QUIET.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

GavRedKing wrote: »

In the long run, these residents will lose anyway, the council will find in favour of the main attraction in the area, they'll get paid and everyone will move on, that or they'll be bought out, Russian style. :pac:

Suicide by jumping off a roof, with 6 bullets in the back of the head

Lukker- wrote: »
    It's not even the Pitch Holders, if a suitable site was found, they could reach a resolution, but it was nearly impossible to find one. I'm pretty sure the re-development of Battersea has gone tits up though, the firm that beat us to it went into bankruptcy I think

I think the Malaysians initially planned to build a raft of affordable housing out there but theyve since gone back on their word because they wont make money out of it, theyve cut the affordable houses from 636 to 386.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jun/21/battersea-power-station-affordable-homes-almost-halved-by-developer

So theyve sold off more office space and luxury housing to make more money.

Our plan was to build houses and a new tube stop out there as well as some green way and some commercial zones for retailer.

It would have been iconic if we went there as a football ground with the chimeny stacks incorporated into the stadium but it wasnt to be.

It also didnt help that Roman and Bruce Buck weretrying to buy up CPO votes to force the CPO into giving up control of the free holding through a vote, that went down very badly some 5 or 6 years ago went it came to light.

Hence why the club has been very open and transparent this time around when dealing with everyone, the CPO have been on board very early and the residents, well, the majority of them have also been on board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

So latest revelation from tabloids is ToL gone in the summer and Chelsea talking to 4 replacements, so pop quiz who do we want?

Luis Enrique or Massimiliano Allegri or Diego Simeone or Mauricio Sarri

For all his faults (and there are a few) I prefer ToL.

If Simeone comes in Hazard will surely want out, he didn't like when Jose made him track back and Simeone does it even more so Madrid will be on the phone quick

Carlo is going to be back I'd be thinking, he's shown no interest in the Italy job so we're on his shortlist I'd imagine

So latest revelation from tabloids is ToL gone in the summer and Chelsea talking to 4 replacements, so pop quiz who do we want?

Luis Enrique or Massimiliano Allegri or Diego Simeone or Mauricio Sarri

For all his faults (and there are a few) I prefer ToL.

I'd take Enrique or Allegri.

I'd avoid Simeone or Ancelotti.

I'd prefer to keep Tony.

If Simeone comes in Hazard will surely want out, he didn't like when Jose made him track back and Simeone does it even more so Madrid will be on the phone quick

Carlo is going to be back I'd be thinking, he's shown no interest in the Italy job so we're on his shortlist I'd imagine

I dont want Carlo back at all. His league record over the years for the teams hes managed is pretty dire.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I dont want Carlo back at all. His league record over the years for the teams hes managed is pretty dire.

Other than Allegri none of the other names linked have any real pedigree in winning leagues so that's a bit of a mute point

If the stories of him not doing any tactics in training from Bayern are true then I wouldn't want him back, but I'd love the guy who broke the PL scoring record back because those days were damn fun

Other than Allegri none of the other names linked have any real pedigree in winning leagues so that's a bit of a mute point

If the stories of him not doing any tactics in training from Bayern are true then I wouldn't want him back, but I'd love the guy who broke the PL scoring record back because those days were damn fun

Tactically the opposition is stronger now unfortunately.

If Conte is going to PSG, I'd prob take Simeone over Allegri. Sarri could be an option. Not got on Enrique.

• Advertisement

Carlo apparently off to Arsenal as Wenger replacement.

Can't see a fit with Simeone myself not sure he fancies the PL anyway.

Can't see a fit with Simeone myself not sure he fancies the PL anyway.

He's done great things with Atletico sure

But his negative style would just bring us back to where we were under Jose Mk II, Conte isn't exactly expansive but he's more balanced than Simeone at Atletico anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Graham Rix and Gwyn Williams accused of racism and bullying while at Chelsea

• Three former Chelsea youth players launch legal claims against the club
    • Chelsea and Football Association investigating allegations dating from 1990s

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/12/graham-rix-gwyn-williams-accused-racism-bullying-chelsea

Duck Soup wrote: »

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/12/graham-rix-gwyn-williams-accused-racism-bullying-chelsea

Its good to see that Chelsea and the FA are still looking into it even after the Police decided there was no case.

You can never be to careful over such serious allegations so hopefully they get to the bottom of it.

I just read the article and I had forgotten about Rix and the underage girl.

Proper scumbag that fella is.

Just reading a piece in the Guardian regarding the press conference is Conte putting it up to the club this is an interesting statement to make

“It is normal for the manager of this club to have this type of situation,” he said. “Also if you won last season the league and reached the final of the FA Cup – this is the history of this club for the manager."

He continues to say later

"We have started a big work here with the players and the club, and you need time to improve your work and create a solid basis"

Conte is an intelligent man you could easily read this as "I want to stay but Chelsea don't have long relationships with managers no matter how successful" be interesting to see how the powers that be take this - is there a bit of a power struggle going on??

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/12/antonio-conte-refuses-to-rule-out-leaving-chelsea-in-the-summer

• Advertisement

If the stadium is being pushed back, we've more money to spend (not really).

Anyway, if we dont back Conte, we'll just fall further behind, doesnt matter who the manager is thats going to happen if we dont back the manager.

As Conte said the other week, hes not asking for a lot.

I reckon hes grwoing very frustrated with the club and who can blame him.

Duck Soup wrote: »

Jesus that is disgusting behaviour if true, good the club are taking it seriously indeed

The article is harrowing, some of the alleged racism used on what were then kids is disgusting.

Not much of a view from that house. I'd nearly prefer a fine piece of stadium art to look at.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-5262051/Chelsea-plans-new-1bn-stadium-derailed.html

When the f*ck does the sun come out anyways. Roman should build a massive sun blocker outside of London just to spite them:

simpsons01.jpg

• Advertisement

He can charge them then for street lighting, sneaky Russian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

When the f*ck does the sun come out anyways. Roman should build a massive sun blocker outside of London just to spite them:

simpsons01.jpg

I don't think Mr Burns has a patch on Chelsea when it comes to the "fcuking people over" stakes

I don't think Mr Burns has a patch on Chelsea when it comes to the "fcuking people over" stakes

Go on then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Will the new thread start on a win from Leicester?
    Still no clear signing in this window. Unlucky that no real good striker from Newcastle is free scoring. As we need a back up that when called on is injured.

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Will the new thread start on a win from Leicester?
    Still no clear signing in this window. Unlucky that no real good striker from Newcastle is free scoring. As we need a back up that when called on is injured.

I think we'll win. I'm confident enough that we'll have enough to beat them but Conte did say that Leicester are in seriously good form and it won't be an easy game at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Who will score as nobody looks likely. Hopefully a good few goals to go into the arsenal game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Hope they win anyway, if not only for the three points but I'm heading over in the morning and the last two games I went to we lost.

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Hope they win anyway, if not only for the three points but I'm heading over in the morning and the last two games I went to we lost.

We've already got our scapegoat sorted so. :pac:

Go on then

Haters gotta hate

At his press conference yesterday Conte could not give a clearer indication he wants Sanchez. I really think he would transform this team seen as the transfer fee is low in the scheme of things I find the reluctance to get involved more than a little worrying.

• Advertisement

At his press conference yesterday Conte could not give a clearer indication he wants Sanchez. I really think he would transform this team seen as the transfer fee is low in the scheme of things I find the reluctance to get involved more than a little worrying.

I reckon he asked the club for Sanchez.

The club, not liking players 30 or over, looked at Sanchez and his wages and probably though, nah. You're grand with what you have Tony. :o

You're right though, we should be in the mix for him, I think even if 4 or 5 clubs want him, he'll only end up at City anyway, the money they can offer coupled with the free PL medal he'll pick up is way to hard to turn down.

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Who will score as nobody looks likely. Hopefully a good few goals to go into the arsenal game.

Morata will come good today, I can feel it. :D

I'll start a new thread there, hopefully wkick it off with a win. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement