Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38105031

Sad, perhaps one of our greatest players..it's a shame he never won the balon d'or ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

duploelabs wrote: »
    FULL CHUB

Ya, it would be a dream but to get Griezmann in this type of market you're going to spend about 70m I'd reckon.

Theres also the fact that Atletico are already a top tier club so it would take something really special to get him to leave Atletico.

I do think though that on that side, we can certainly improve on Willian, Oscar and Pedro. I'd love to see a left footed player come in there and cause havoc, while the formation isnt rigid, as we've seen Hazard and Pedro drift alot in it, having Hazard cutting in one side and Alonso overlapping and a potential left footer cutting inside with Moses overlapping would cause serious problems.

Of the players that fit the mould of the above, left footed and cutting inside, theres not many viable options that arent in dream land.

Griezmann, Di Maria, Bale, James, thats just off the top of my head but we've got some talented players in the squad who could do a similar role, Traore and Kenedy are just two but I dont think either will make it with us, time will tell.

In other news, Solanke is reportedly after turning down a contract with Chelsea in is meant to be going in the summer, any transfer would be the subject of a tribunal.

His father came out last summer looking for 50k a week from the club, looks like that hasnt paid off, literally and hes going to be looking for a new club.

Another that could be on the way out is RLC, the guy has barely got a sniff, Cahlobah is a head of him as a CM and despite what Conte says, hes no way a Cf or capable of playing in the supporting roles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

GavRedKing wrote:
    Hazard and Griezmann flanking Costa would be a thing of beauty.

= title

= title

Ya, you're talking easily about 15-20 league goals from Costa and Griezmann and Hazard would chip in with 10+ goals, which would push any team towards a title.

Last year, I was all for a swap for Griezmann for Costa but wanted to play both together and at Chelsea, had Costa gone back to Atletico theyed have been very strong.

If Atletico continue with their poor domestic season, by their standards maybe his head will be turned, doubtful but you never know.

Theres no way, right now though, any EPL side is a bigger draw than Atletico, more money yes, but in terms of what they can offer him in the UCL, theres no English side able to match Atletico or the other 2 Spanish sides, so I dont think he'll jump ship in the very near future.

• Advertisement

JT and Mikel out of the Spurs game.

Everyone else fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Could very easily see griezmann at PSG.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

GavRedKing wrote: »

Griezmann, Di Maria, Bale, James, thats just off the top of my head but we've got some talented players in the squad who could do a similar role, Traore and Kenedy are just two but I dont think either will make it with us, time will tell.

The most viable of all those methinks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38105031

Sad, perhaps one of our greatest players..it's a shame he never won the balon d'or ..

He scores when he wants

Turtwig wrote: »
    Could very easily see griezmann at PSG.:p

Its possible anyway, biggest side in France, should be winning the title at a canter for the foreseeable future but they've regressed sligtly this year with Emry, IMO.

Although that could be down to losing Ibra too.

I think Atletico, IMO, are at a higher level than PSG and only, Bayern and the other 2 Spanish sides can offer a very awinnable solution to the UCL for him, although Bayner have also been a bit more normal under Carlo than they were with Pep.

He'll never sign for Real and I doubt Barca would (a) stump up the cash and (b) fit him in right now with thier front 3 (c) get Atletico to sell him to a direct rival. :o

Only other option is to work under Tony Conte, clearly :pac:

• Advertisement

duploelabs wrote: »
    The most viable of all those methinks

Ya, easily but I dont think hes got the work rate to appease Conte. :o

Pedro and Hazard reguarly drop in to form a 5-4-1 when we're under a bit of pressure and both are pretty decent at it. Its something that he could clearly work on and hes a brilliant footballer but the money Real would expect in return could be pretty absurd.

I think he wont be long more at Real though, just a hunch I've got.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Really hope somebody goes through Dembele nice and early.

Haven't been looking forward to a game this much in ages.

COME ON CHELS!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭micknail

Probable lineups, ours is pretty certain, not sure about the Spurs back 4.
    Moses vs. Vertongen at LB would be tricky!

Son didn't impress me midweek, seems very flaky.

Come on you blues.

Shocking opening 5mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

A skyer from Dier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

whats the story?

can't watch

in the pub with no screens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

**** sake. We're all over the shop so far.

Letting Spurs dominate all over the pitch.

Shocking start

• Advertisement

If we cant beat our rivals we can forget any title challenge.

Especially if we lost to arsenal pool and spurs

We have nothing in the middle of the pitch.
    Kante and Matic are getting overloaded.

Teat of the side here can we comeback from going a goal down.

All too comfortable for Spurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

Midfield is being completely overrun.

All too comfortable for Spurs.

Its down to the fact they've matched up perfectly v the 3-4-3.

They're using Alli to draw out Luiz going forward and to drop into a midfield 3 when they lose the ball, which is killing Kante and Matic as they've no time on the ball.

We need to start pressing them back in their half. We're far too passive.

We need to start pressing them back in their half. We're far too passive.

As well as that they need to stop ****ing around passing at the back and move it up the field faster. With the way spurs are pressing there is space to exploit.

Pedro has done his usual disappearing act.

• Advertisement

If we time one of those runs right Spurs are ****ed. It's a ridiculously high line.

We look like the side that played during the week. If we get anything here we'll be doing well.

This is kante and matic worse game so far

Get in

We look like the side that played during the week. If we get anything here we'll be doing well.

They've created very little bar a couple of long shots.

Spurs have tired badly in the second half of games this season. There's no way they'll keep the pressing up.

Great finish Pedro. I apologise profusely. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Totally undeserved but **** it. Great goal.

• Advertisement

We deserved that :pac:

**** yeah. Get in. That was much better. Quick passing and good movement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

A thing of beauty.

Pedros been brutal but f**k it. We'll take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Pedro has done his usual disappearing act.

Uh oh. The guy is quality, pure quality.

• Advertisement

This is kante and matic worse game so far

They're being overloaded 3/4 on 2 with Alli and sometimes Dier joining Dembele and Wanyama.

It's what was happening last season in the 4-2-3-1 with Fab and Matic.

The one thing is if we can get quick balls out to Moses and Alonso there are plenty of 3-on-3 attacks for Pedro, Hazard and Costa to destroy them if we go direct.

Uh oh. The guy is quality, pure quality.

It's literally the only time he's got on the ball all half Captain hindsight.

They're being overloaded 3/4 on 2 with Alli and sometimes Dier joining Dembele and Wanyama.

It's what was happening last season in the 4-2-3-1 with Fab and Matic.

The one thing is if we can get quick balls out to Moses and Alonso there are plenty of 3-on-3 attacks for Pedro, Hazard and Costa to destroy them if we go direct.

I think if pedro didnt score, chalobah or oscar would have come on to make it more balanced in CM.

Spurs cant keep this press up hopefully, if they tire out we have a chance to get back into it but weve got to start pressing together to force mistakes.

I think if pedro didnt score, chalobah or oscar would have come on to make it more balanced in CM.

Spurs cant keep this press up hopefully, if they tire out we have a chance to get back into it but weve got to start pressing together to force mistakes.

I'd say we'll see that for the last 20 mins with Chalobah coming on for Pedro. Its happened the last few games.

Ya, hes been brutal, flash of magic thougg and fine finish, like Hazard last year.

The spurs goal though was a shot that should have been stopped before it came in, we kept backing off and off and invited it. Fine goal though.

Very poor start, Spurs are everywhere, well up for this. Surely they can't keep this up for 90 mins? Alonso has been very poor for me. Offering little going forward and being caught out of position defensively. Hopefully Conte tears into them at the break. Super goal by Pedro

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Then the issue is with the supply out from the back (which has clearly been the problem along with not winning the ball back higher up the pitch) than it is with Pedro's contribution on the ball.

We could still do with dropping hazard in as a 3rd cm/ #10, push pedro up top.

For the first 10mins of the 2nd half.

Ya, hes been brutal, flash of magic thougg and fine finish, like Hazard last year.

The spurs goal though was a shot that should have been stopped before it came in, we kept backing off and off and invited it. Fine goal though.

Pedro has always been capable of fantastic goals from anywhere around the box. It's the one thing that separates him from Willian and its why he should stay in the starting eleven - the front 3 need to score goals not just graft.

But its easily been his worst game since he's come back into the team.

Then the issue is with the supply out from the back (which has clearly been the problem along with not winning the ball back higher up the pitch) than it is with Pedro's contribution on the ball.

Kante and matic cant deal with the press, theyve been caught a few times or forced to go long or back. If spurs keep it up theyll catch us again.

If they tire out and thy should and if its still 1-1, its advantage Chelsea as our bench is still strong.

Luiz being booked is another issue, hes been rash this half, 2 or 3 late tackles and hes been out of position being dragged out because of the numbers in CM its not his job but hes doing it anyway.

We cant be that bad again for 45mins surely?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement