Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead | Season 7 | Episode 3 | The Cell [AMC] [SPOILERS]

• 04-11-2016 11:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭

The Walking Dead - Season 7

Episode 3 - "The Cell"

Airdate - November 6th on AMC at 9/8c | November 7th on FOX UK at 9PM

A new group of survivors seem to have it all in their impressive community; however, there is a price.

Promo

Sneak Peek

How did you rate this episode? 113 votes

0%
    4%
    Snake PliskenRoyalMarinerobertpattersonRosie RantDontThankMe 5 votes
    8%
    WashoutgeorgieMAlso Starring LeVar Burtonsassabrianregan09Lionbackermrkiscool2DakarVerttnegunThe Talking Bread 10 votes
    26%
    geeceeduridiancooperguybofNUTZZclaivadori_dormercavemeisternok2008GavRedKingdirtydenSubacioCartman78Sudden ValleyCiano35CPSWClackesnowgalOmackeralbrijay 30 votes
    29%
    La_GordyJimmy BottleheadfrashMellorDuffBaby4homerun_homerskipper_GbanteeDarth Melkorwhite appleswillowthewispWeeBushyThe DomonatorCasey78irish_stevo815empacherfranklyonGuffyalchemist33 33 votes
    15%
    dellyRob30888Nelson MuntzMuckiemojesiusreadyletsgoshootermacg12gauge davedr.kenneth noisewaterCracklepc7Billydoctommy2badcrustyblaFURETkooperworkexperienceAV277 18 votes
    7%
    [Deleted User]leche solaraThat_Guycharkeedexter647MonifeCharlie19Walter.White 8 votes
    5%
    xtal191muirsheenGY A1Marcus AntoniusduffysfarmKeplar240B 6 votes
    0%
    Mr.Nice Guy 1 vote
    1%
    Mc LoveClint Westwood 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Awesome episode, will post more when I wake up, brilliant episode!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭NMB

that song ! I'm singing it all day !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Good epsidode.

A Lesson in how to break a man 101

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Washout wrote: »
    Good epsidode.

Errrrrmmm, who broke?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Washout wrote: »
    Good epsidode.

did u not watch the last scene?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I understand we need these types of episodes for context but I'm getting bored and I'm an avid fan. I really want to see the aftermath of episode 1 and the longer it drags out, the more annoyed I'm getting. Also not enough gore or action for my liking. Gave it a 5 because I love Daryl and Negan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Shane St. wrote: »

I wouldn't say it broke him. Doubt it at all. Yes he cried, but that wasn't him "breaking" in the sense Neagan wants him to. The whole breaking him, in this sense, means getting him to accept Neagan as his leader. (ie the whole, Who are you "I am Daryl" (instead of the answer Neagan wants to hear "I am Neagan")
    If anything, it will probably make him more likely to rebel against Neagan and want to escape.

The whole (not exact words) "I get it, you are what you are because you wanted to save someone" spiel to Dwight and his follow up "I can't be who you are precisely because of that" (ie because Neagan killed Abraham and Glenn, he refuses to bow down to him)

There is logic as to why Dwight went back and bowed to Neagan's demands (to save his "super hot" ex wife) but Daryl's predicament is quiet the opposite in that sense.

There is a martyrism involved also but it is consistent with Daryl's character and it was a superb portrayal of one of the most consistently depicted protagonists on the show.

Not a great fan of how Neagan is being portrayed,. I expected a certain cartoonist approach to him but it is verging on more unrealistic than Ezekiel and the Kingdom in a way.

Dwight owned that show last night as much as Daryl, even moreso tbh.

The fact they can garner sympathy in the space of 40 minutes for a character who left Daryl for dead in his first episode, was party to Abraham and Glenn's demise, killed Denise, is Neagan's main henchman, has given up his wife to a psychpath, watches prisoners being tortured by walkers in the yard all day with a manky looking sandwhich, abuses the lower level subjects in The Sanctuary,shot his friend, watches crap tv , let alone is torturing the show's most popular character is magnificent!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Shane St. wrote: »

The last scene I saw was Darryl and BurnyFace, Darryl didn't break then nor in the scene with Negan - quite the opposite, He stood strong. Darryl did not break.

Decent episode despite the focus being on one strand of the story, don't like the way they do that.

Monife wrote: »
    I understand we need these types of episodes for context but I'm getting bored and I'm an avid fan. I really want to see the aftermath of episode 1 and the longer it drags out, the more annoyed I'm getting. Also not enough gore or action for my liking. Gave it a 5 because I love Daryl and Negan.

I a pretty sure last night is one of the most significant aftermath events of first episode!
    I would prefer to watch this than a predictable episode with Neagan coming to visit Alexandria and picking up supplies whilst Rick puts on a broken down face, Michonne gives us a lesson in gurning, Eugene just sulks in silence, Rosita stands around looking "super hot" and Carl acts all brave and hormonal!

(For what its worth I want to see all that also, but I think last night was just as, if not more important to set this season (13 episodes left, remember) in motion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

We're on easy street......
    And it feels so sweet.....
    ta da da da da.....

I dont know the song or who sings it but something tells me that it will be on the top ten ironic itunes downloads this week. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Let the torture begin! :P

"I'm Negan! I'm Negan! Jesus Christ, I'm Negan!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Puibo

Another filler episode......how many more are we going to have to sit through before something happens.

Wasn't impressed.

Puibo wrote: »
    Another filler episode......how many more are we going to have to sit through before something happens.

Wasn't impressed.

How was it a filler episode :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Grim viewing. Tough when a guy is subjected to such harrowing torture. Daryl? Nah: me watching the acting of that bargain basement Robert Downey Junior wannabe, aka Negan aka Austin Tatious.

I actually watched a Youtube clip someone put up of the comic book version of the character. It must be said the comic book version is way more believable than this insufferable, Russell Brand-esque irritant.

As regards the episode in general I felt it was trying to be too clever by half with the use of the music, and annoying strange cuts from the camera angles. This was like the opening montage to a poor MTV video from 1991, or a scene from an obscure Australian romantic comedy you might catch late one night on the MGM channel. Terrible. And we were subjected to the song over and over.

Surely if they really wanted to torture Daryl they could just play a clip featuring a speech from King Ezekiel or Aslan or whatever his name his, and his CGI pet, Richard Parker. I’d rather listen to that song blaring for 60 mins than ten minutes of that awful trash from last week.

As the episode wore on it became apparent why the music was used: filler purposes. Why use dialogue when you can just regurgitate the same scene over and over again? I tried to guess how long this episode would be if it were just pure dialogue. I reckon maybe seven minutes.

Then again silence is preferable to the faux acting of Austin Tatious, who caused this episode to be a fail for me. I hope for a flashback episode where we see him in his previous life, working amateur dramatics on weekends before heading out at night to front his Queen tribute act. Someone stick a big leotard on him quick.

I liked the scene when Daryl attempted to escape and he swaggered on in, pointing his bat at people and asking them 'who are you?' 'Negan', they replied. 'An OTT cheesy, pretentious actor,' I shouted.

We had cliche 1002 on this episode where now we gotta get sympathy for the bad guy from last season. Obviously that made sense on the writers' coffee break as they did their usual show research - thumbing through their DVD collection for ideas to mimic. I will say though that the scene where Dwight confronted the guy at the end of his tether I did enjoy. Maybe because I could relate to him since I’ve only been subjected to less than 2 hours of Austin Tatious and already I've had enough. The guy asked the question I posed last week: why would anyone put up with him? (and I don't just mean the bad acting)

We had more drawn out pauses - gotta milk this show for all it's worth, eh? Then back to the too-clever-by-half song. Then back to Austin Tatious and cliche 1003 where our villain airs all his dirty linen in public and reveals his motivations to the hero.

It boggles my mind that people think a) this guy can act b) that he acts well and c) that he exudes any genuine air of menace. I think those bikers Daryl ran into were way more intimidating than this guy; and I think this lad would be a flunkey in that group. The Governor was way better too. But it's unfair of me to compare him to those villains of previous seasons - after all, they were played by blokes who could act.

On a brighter note, by the end of the episode I did find I had more interest in the character of Dwight than I had at the start of the episode; but I can't overlook the shocking flaws of the episode - namely, our main villain - and for that, the episode is a fail.

I'm feeling a 3. This show needs to pick up the pace big time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Grim viewing. Tough when a guy is subjected to such harrowing torture. Daryl? Nah: me watching the acting of that bargain basement Robert Downey Junior wannabe, aka Negan aka Austin Tatious.

I actually watched a Youtube clip someone put up of the comic book version of the character. It must be said the comic book version is way more believable than this insufferable, Russell Brand-esque irritant.

As regards the episode in general I felt it was trying to be too clever by half with the use of the music, and annoying strange cuts from the camera angles. This was like the opening montage to a poor MTV video from 1991, or a scene from an obscure Australian romantic comedy you might catch late one night on the MGM channel. Terrible. And we were subjected to the song over and over.

Surely if they really wanted to torture Daryl they could just play a clip featuring a speech from King Ezekiel or Aslan or whatever his name his, and his CGI pet, Richard Parker. I’d rather listen to that song blaring for 60 mins than ten minutes of that awful trash from last week.

As the episode wore on it became apparent why the music was used: filler purposes. Why use dialogue when you can just regurgitate the same scene over and over again? I tried to guess how long this episode would be if it were just pure dialogue. I reckon maybe seven minutes.

Then again silence is preferable to the faux acting of Austin Tatious, who caused this episode to be a fail for me. I hope for a flashback episode where we see him in his previous life, working amateur dramatics on weekends before heading out at night to front his Queen tribute act. Someone stick a big leotard on him quick.

I liked the scene when Daryl attempted to escape and he swaggered on in, pointing his bat at people and asking them 'who are you?' 'Negan', they replied. 'An OTT cheesy, pretentious actor,' I shouted.

We had cliche 1002 on this episode where now we gotta get sympathy for the bad guy from last season. Obviously that made sense on the writers' coffee break as they did their usual show research - thumbing through their DVD collection for ideas to mimic. I will say though that the scene where Dwight confronted the guy at the end of his tether I did enjoy. Maybe because I could relate to him since I’ve only been subjected to less than 2 hours of Austin Tatious and already I've had enough. The guy asked the question I posed last week: why would anyone put up with him? (and I don't just mean the bad acting)

We had more drawn out pauses - gotta milk this show for all it's worth, eh? Then back to the too-clever-by-half song. Then back to Austin Tatious and cliche 1003 where our villain airs all his dirty linen in public and reveals his motivations to the hero.

It boggles my mind that people think a) this guy can act b) that he acts well and c) that he exudes any genuine air of menace. I think those bikers Daryl ran into were way more intimidating than this guy; and I think this lad would be a flunkey in that group. The Governor was way better too. But it's unfair of me to compare him to those villains of previous seasons - after all, they were played by blokes who could act.

On a brighter note, by the end of the episode I did find I had more interest in the character of Dwight than I had at the start of the episode; but I can't overlook the shocking flaws of the episode - namely, our main villain - and for that, the episode is a fail.

I've watched this show from the start and I agree with a lot of people's main criticisms of the show, I think it can have one or two great episodes and have half a dozen nothing episodes in a row before some kind of big event. I also agree with what someone said last week about the staggered episodes, in that it is episode 3 and we have not seen the main group that was left behind yet. They have done this though out the history of the show and I don't think it works. They would be just two of a fair few things that would annoy me and would, for me, put this show as always just a good show, not a fantastic show. It will never be in my top 10 or even 20 but overall I do enjoy it for what it is.

But mate, your reviews have just become a parody of themselves at this point. As an episode, this was a very good episode and was done really well.

tvnutz wrote: »
    I've watched this show from the start and I agree with a lot of people's main criticisms of the show, I think it can have one or two great episodes and have half a dozen nothing episodes in a row before some kind of big event. I also agree with what someone said last week about the staggered episodes, in that it is episode 3 and we have not seen the main group that was left behind yet. They have done this though out the history of the show and I don't think it works. They would be just two of a fair few things that would annoy me and would, for me, put this show as always just a good show, not a fantastic show. It will never be in my top 10 or even 20 but overall I do enjoy it for what it is.

But mate, your reviews have just become a parody of themselves at this point. As an episode, this was a very good episode and was done really well.

Every single episode for the last few series! I was waiting for today's one again! Usually contains the phrase "thats it I' m done with the show" or something to that effect so there is an aura of positivity emanting from today's rant!!

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

If I could thank this post twice, I would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

tvnutz wrote: »

With all due respect, have a read back of your own post and how you are defending this show's mediocrity.

We are living in an age where there is great television on offer. I watched a fantasy drama last night on Channel 4 - Humans - which did not feel like it was being dragged out for as much money as possible but actually moved at a great pace. It was great entertainment imo. I did not feel insulted like I did with this show.

There are posters on this forum who will defend this show's tragic decline no matter what. I saw the same thing on the Lost forum (RIP) where you had people that were invested too deep and too far to be able to acknowledge that by the end, it had become tripe. It had eaten itself - and this show is going the same way.

I have praised this show's early seasons but there has been a steady decline the last 18 months in my view. If you disagree, fair enough. But at the end of the day we all have our opinions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭keano25

I dunno about ye, but the last two episodes have been ****e. Boring is an understatement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

With all due respect, have a read back of your own post and how you are defending this show's mediocrity.

We are living in an age where there is great television on offer. I watched a fantasy drama last night on Channel 4 - Humans - which did not feel like it was being dragged out for as much money as possible but actually moved at a great pace. It was great entertainment imo. I did not feel insulted like I did with this show.

There are posters on this forum who will defend this show's tragic decline no matter what. I saw the same thing on the Lost forum (RIP) where you had people that were invested too deep and too far to be able to acknowledge that by the end, it had become tripe. It had eaten itself - and this show is going the same way.

I have praised this show's early seasons but there has been a steady decline the last 18 months in my view. If you disagree, fair enough. But at the end of the day we all have our opinions.

I'm not defending it, I'm saying it is what it is, I enjoy it as a watch overall as I do many shows that aren't stellar tv but they are a bit of craic. Personally I would and have stopped watching shows that annoy me that much and I think are that bad.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

The fact they can garner sympathy in the space of 40 minutes for a character who left Daryl for dead in his first episode, was party to Abraham and Glenn's demise, killed Denise, is Neagan's main henchman, has given up his wife to a psychpath, watches prisoners being tortured by walkers in the yard all day with a manky looking sandwhich, abuses the lower level subjects in The Sanctuary,shot his friend, watches crap tv , let alone is torturing the show's most popular character is magnificent!!
    Ahhh come off it now, Whos The Boss is a stone cold classic.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Great episode, really enjoyed that one. It was good that we got a bit of backstory to Dwayne. I have a lot more sympathy for him now than I did last week.

Obviously all is not rosy in the Neagan household, a few less than happy minions like your man who Dwayne shot might make for useful allies for Rick later on.

The Daryl scenes were done quite well. Every time the music came on for him in the cell it reminded me a bit of the "Bird is the Word" episode of Family guy. It worked though. Glad to see he didn't cave in, stayed true to his character. I wonder would Rick cave in? I reckon he would. Especially to save another of the group meeting Lucille.

Neagan is a great bad guy and Lucille ain't far behind. I enjoy all his scenes.

Roll on next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

My problem with The Walking Dead is that there are so many charachters constantly been introduced and it's just hard to give a **** about the majority of them, to be fair to Dwayne he is a bit more interesting than others who were recently introduced but having so much of a single episode dedicated just to him, just feels like it is been done over and over. In episode 1 of this season, there were 3 or 4 characters there who added absolutey nothing to show (so far) and seem to have no purpose, yet they still remain and are most likely going to take up valuable screen time.

Also, why the hell can't they focus on different story strands at different locations? The pacing of the show is awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,198 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

When you guys are saying Dwayne, I am assuming you are talking about Dwight.....right?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

When you guys are saying Dwayne, I am assuming you are talking about Dwight.....right?

Indeed. Dwight...Dwayne...crikey, I need sleep!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

The zombies arent even a problem anymore its lost its way in my opinion it might have to follow comics or whatever but it hasnt gine in the direction i feel it could of and should of but thats my opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,245 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Neagan is a nothing villian imo. I neither hate nor love him, he just a bit meh. The way he refers to his baseball bat as a person is cringeworthy. I found the episode dull enough to be honest. Daryl's "torture" isn't half as bad as what I was expecting and if neagan expected Daryl to break and submit after just that then his judgement is seriously flawed which makes you wonder how on earth he got to the position he is in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

I think Negan is flawed in that he leaves Dwight doing all his running, going after runaways , taking care of an outsider. How can he trust him with these responsibilities, he married his wife, burnt his face off for gods sake. After a season premiere when the outlook seemed bleak for Rick etc, now that Dwight is being redeemed slightly it's not hard to see where this is going!

As episode i found it enjoyable. I almost believed Negan was going to go for it with Lucille on Daryl, as we were lead to believe he's completely ruthless, but he backed out surprisingly!

I think Negan is flawed in that he leaves Dwight doing all his running, going after runaways , taking care of an outsider. How can he trust him with these responsibilities, he married his wife, burnt his face off for gods sake. After a season premiere when the outlook seemed bleak for Rick etc, now that Dwight is being redeemed slightly it's not hard to see where this is going!

As episode i found it enjoyable. I almost believed Negan was going to go for it with Lucille on Daryl, as we were lead to believe he's completely ruthless, but he backed out surprisingly!
    Dwight knows if he pulled any stunts like that, Neagan would punish his wife. Dwight is obviously still in love with her, so he won't do anything that would put her in harms way. Plus, I doubt he wants to get an iron to the other side of his face either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭CPSW

Anyone else thinks Dwight looks a bit like Christian Bale (bar the hair colour obviously)!

Advertisement