Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Is something wrong with my battery

2»

Comments

KCross wrote: »
    I agree high speed on motorways is much more consequential but your first statement doesnt make alot of sense. By your own admission, on many posts, regen is not efficient(~30%) therefore the energy cant possibly balance on the way down.

Yes by Nissan's own documents, regen is about 30% efficient the rest lost in friction.

So my point about hills is that what you loose going up balances out pretty well by the end because you recover some energy using regen to slow excess speed and also by not using energy coming down which is the big one.
    KCross wrote: »
    And I would echo @TBi statement that it is very much dependent on driving style and whether you are purposely trying to save energy. From your previous Prius days, @Mad_Lad, I'd say you do that alot. Most people wont. They'll just drive it like an ICE and hence hills will affect range quite a bit.

On the contrary, I drive the Leaf much much harder then I ever drove the prius or most ICE's, I don't have to pay so much for fuel and the work charge point takes care of half my commute, but even if all my charging was from home I still wouldn't care.

Advertisement