Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Week 11 Matchday Thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Haz off thank god

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

This season is great, there's absolutely no way to fit Aguero, Costa, Lukaku, Sanchez, KDB, Hazard, Liverpool mid into a team. It's all about holding your nerve and trying to structure your team to your liking

Bang on the money.

It makes every week torture though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I've brought in Hazard, there's no doubt he will blank in the next game now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

38 after bonus with Evans, Holebas, Firmino, Coutinho, Sanchez, Austin to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

21 with 6 to play. Red arrows incoming

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭A Happy Death

40 with Sanchez, Firmino, Austin and Evans left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

28 with 7 to play. Good start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

38(-4) with bellerin holebas coutinho Sanchez and austin to go
    My last 2 points hits have been sensational :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

50 with 6 to play :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭LightsStillOn

Only getting to check the scores now, sick i missed that Chelsea wondershow!! 43 from 5, Costa & Hazard making up 29 of those :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

40 (-4)
    Four left tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

You can't have everyone though. I went with Lukaku instead of him and that's worked out pretty well.

Exactly this is the exact opppsite of last season. Less obvious budget options and a lot of big guns from many teams scoring big. Obviously getting your picks right on form and fixtures is huge - but knee jerking from week to week chasing points can be disastrous. You need to pick the big guns you believe in and stick with them over reasoanable lengths of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Only just seen the score in the Chelsea Everton game.
    Urg, kicking myself for not taking that -4 to bring in Hazard

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Well I'm ****ed then! 21pts with Sanchez, Lallana, Holebas and Fuchs to play.

I made Aguero captain through the fpl app but when i logged in today, it went back to last weeks captain as Sanchez and Aguero as vice captain. Sanchez better go crazy tomorrow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Alonso ahead of Costa for last bap now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,738 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Kinda wish I didn't rage transfer in Allen on Monday evening now but happy enough besides.

43 from 6....probably my most satisfying FPL afternoon of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

13 (-16) with 6 to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

SlickRic wrote: »
    Perfectly reasonable to get Hazard in.
    Perfectly reasonable to wait a week as Everton under Koeman are pretty solid.

This is some harsh punishment.

So much this. I, and I'm sure many of ye, had picked out Liverpool mids for their current run of fixtures. I thought long and hard and then some more about doing Mane to Hazard-4 but decided against. Liverpool fixtures, Everton defence, don't be swayed by price changes alone, hold your nerve and all that

I know Mane hasn't played yet but it's safe to say that I'd have been better making that move. Every time I've been 'sensible' and not made a move to chase price rises it has hammered me this year.

15 from 3 incl captain. Horrific.

rashford has not travelled to Swansea according to a reliable journalist....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

km79 wrote: »
    rashford has not travelled to Swansea according to a reliable journalist....
    Oh no... He was a differential for me... Looks like I should have gone for my -12 instead of keeping it to a -4.

35 (-4) with Foster McAuley Fuchs Holebas Sanchez & Firmino to go. Whelan 0 pointer to auto-sub for Rashford.
    Not expecting much from tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be wrong.

FHFC wrote: »
    So much this. I, and I'm sure many of ye, had picked out Liverpool mids for their current run of fixtures. I thought long and hard and then some more about doing Mane to Hazard-4 but decided against. Liverpool fixtures, Everton defence, don't be swayed by price changes alone, hold your nerve and all that

I know Mane hasn't played yet but it's safe to say that I'd have been better making that move. Every time I've been 'sensible' and not made a move to chase price rises it has hammered me this year.

15 from 3 incl captain. Horrific.
    Your Liverpool duet and Austin (he plays Hull) tomorrow could make up a lot of points though ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Down from 23K to 41K. Thought it might be worse tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Down 40k to 253k. Sanchez, Walcott, Coutinho, Firmino, Austin and Evans left to play tomorrow.

iroced wrote: »
    Your Liverpool duet and Austin (he plays Hull) tomorrow could make up a lot of points though ;).

With 8 of my team playing tomorrow I was nearly hoping for a bad day today cause the "good Sat=crap Sunday" rule (and vice versa) is almost as reliable as your "obvious captain will usually fail" rule.

But not this bad.

When it's this bad its usually Crap Saturday, Worse Sunday.

Down 130k to 240k so far....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

15 from 4 (-4) down to 300k. firmino, coutinho, sanchez, mata, cech, austin and fuchs to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

17 from 4. Down around 60k to 110k. Early transfers about to be made.

15 from 4 (-4) down to 300k. firmino, coutinho, sanchez, mata, cech, austin and fuchs to go.

Actually forgot I'm on -4 too. Explains why I fell so hard.

Brunt, Fuchs, Karius, Holebas, Sanchez, Mane, Firmino and Austin to play. That makes it sound a bit better.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

25 with Holebas, Evans, Theo, Sanchez and Bobby F to play. Fell about 40k to 170k!

I fear the boredom of playing it safe and boring is kicking in but there's a temptation to go for a good solid point hit up to -12 to fix a few problems but I don't know if that's the old me or the sensible me telling me not to continue playing catch up.

Although having craved Alonso for weeks now it could be interpreted as chasing points already lost to me :o

At least I knew I was crazy before :pac:

Chelsea are top of the league
    Their main striker has scored or assisted in pretty much every game
    He is nicely priced
    And yet .......most of us don't have him and those that do rarely captain him
    Funny old game

With 8 of my team playing tomorrow I was nearly hoping for a bad day today cause the "good Sat=crap Sunday" rule (and vice versa) is almost as reliable as your "obvious captain will usually fail" rule.
    But not this bad.

When it's this bad its usually Crap Saturday, Worse Sunday.

Down 130k to 240k so far....
    The Agüero relative fail won't impact much. FPL Disco have 80.1% of captains played (90% of these probably Agüeroes).
    Who were your others? Lukaku? In his 50/50 with Costa it hurts but I'd say we're many in that boat. Who's the 3rd?

You're gonna rely on your double 'Pool mid & Austin. Big scores from them should save your GW.

didn't realise Benteke goal was a penalty
    damn you Heaton!
    Also ......spacecraft assist and INChES from an equaliser ......inside of the post and out

Austin is the one player that could really hurt me this GW. Hopefully Deeney can outscore him tomorrow.

iroced wrote: »

The Agüero relative fail won't impact much. FPL Disco have 80.1% of captains played (90% of these probably Agüeroes).
    Who were your others? Lukaku? In his 50/50 with Costa it hurts but I'd say we're many in that boat. Who's the 3rd?

You're gonna rely on your double 'Pool mid & Austin. Big scores from them should save your GW.

Joe 'the real deal' Allen who marked his debut in my team with a yellow card and 1 point.

Not concerned about Aguero. Have some potentially good players to go tomorrow but have a sense of impending doom.

Have some potentially good players to go tomorrow but have a sense of impending doom.
    Despite the Hazard show today, I kinda feel the same way. Tomorrow could be an unmitigated disaster for me. I'm gonna rely on 4 defensive players. And the Rashford news just made my non -8 Arnie + Rashford -> Mata + Austin (if I'm honest and do not use any hindsight, that's the closest call I was about to make in the dying min before the deadline) going to haunt me for the night :p...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

manual_man wrote: »
    that smug feeling when you got in Costa, Hazard and Alonso as part of a -16 :cool:

That sense of optimism when you initially look at the team of the lad you're playing in head to head for the charity league and realize that your -8 has been trumped by his -16. Surely things will go well for you. :)

Gradually though as the Chelsea v Everton match unfolds you realize the evil genius of his -16 as your tear soaked eyes continue to well up :pac:

Fair play to you, can I borrow your time machine for next week though ? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

24 from 4. Will take that so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Not sure if it was posted but news last night that Rashford didn't travel to Swansea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Sanchez up front.

Walcott and Bellerin start

#THFC team: Lloris (C), Walker, Vertonghen, Wimmer, Rose, Dier, Wanyama, Dembele, Eriksen, Son, Kane.
    No Alli

3 of the lads around me don't have Sanchez
    surprising

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'll accept a hat trick from you today Theo :)

A goal for every time you dropped in price this week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,947 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Walcott goal would be so sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Kane starts. I could do with an extra 100m to fit in all these players :pac:

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Kane starts. I could do with an extra 100m to fit in all these players :pac:

If Spurs start firing and Kane does his traditional end of year hot streak he could be a great option. Decent fixtures into Xmas.

Pity his price hasn't dropped more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Is there any chance of Vertonghen and Ozil getting points and nobody else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,525 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

No one at all in any of my leagues has Hazard which is some small comfort for me not having him I suppose. Held off Mane -> Hazard coz of easier fixture, Koeman defence blah blah etc.
    Be nice if Mane ate into the damage in some way.
    Though I've a vague (and quite possibly racist) idea that he's never been much of a winter player and switches off when the temps go below 5 degrees before bouncing back in mid-March.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

No one at all in any of my leagues has Hazard which is some small comfort for me not having him I suppose. Held off Mane -> Hazard coz of easier fixture, Koeman defence blah blah etc.
    Be nice if Mane ate into the damage in some way.
    Though I've a vague (and quite possibly racist) idea that he's never been much of a winter player and switches off when the temps go below 5 degrees before bouncing back in mid-March.

Keeping mane over hazard was 100% the correct decision for this gw IMO.

Spurs playing 3 at the back

Kane should have had a Tap in
    Poor ball across from son

Wimmer booked
    Will be lots more yellows now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,310 ✭✭✭COH

A Sanchez blank in this game would be glorious