Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chartered Accountants vs Irish Taxation Institute books

Options
  • 05-11-2016 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

Hi
    I am considering buying a this Vat book from Chartered Accountants. I know that the Irish Taxation Institute has similar ones the advantage in them being that they have an ebook version that I much prefer. From the price point of view I see no difference (I'd go for the ebook version with ITI)

My question is how good they are. Do they clarify things when you have issues? Do they explain what is going on with examples? or do they just plain copy and paste the law and other related legislation and that's it?

Thank you for the help
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭nompere

You won't find much in the way of commentary in either of them. They are both non-statutory consolidations of the law, up to and including changes made in FA 2015.

This is probably the most up to date VAT commentary available: https://taxinstitute.ie/TaxPublicationsDetails.aspx?ID=23

It will have many examples and explanations.

The Irish Tax Institute seems to have given up on providing tax annuals,

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭tanit

nompere wrote: »
    You won't find much in the way of commentary in either of them. They are both non-statutory consolidations of the law, up to and including changes made in FA 2015.

This is probably the most up to date VAT commentary available: https://taxinstitute.ie/TaxPublicationsDetails.aspx?ID=23

It will have many examples and explanations.

The Irish Tax Institute seems to have given up on providing tax annuals,

Thanks a million for the answer I will stick with the Revenue Vat guide is free and more or less what I was looking for. I was just wondering if there was anything better out there that might improve on the Guide. You've saved me a few euros :):)

Advertisement