Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone sometimes going offline since joining tesco mobile

Options
  • 05-11-2016 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭

I joined tesco mobile 2 months ago, and since then, my phone occassionally goes offline, i cant go on internet or send text or make a call. I have to restart phone or go into airplane mode and back out to get it online again

Guy in tesco mobile shop said lots of people have this problem and he changed my phone to WCDMA only, but it's still happening, and i dont notice till i go to send a text or make a call, so most times im not even aware that im offline,
    it doesnt show the warning icon for no signal, and people are trying to ring me.

Other than this problem I am really happy with tesco signal, was with meteor for years and could not get a decent signal in house, so i would hate to leave them.

Anyone else have this problem and were able to solve it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

Tesco mobile use the o2 network, which was amalgamated with 3.
    Overcongestion of cells is my bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If its not showing the offline warning then its sounds like the SIM/BB are talking to the cell but you arent registered back to Tesco.

Move to 3, same or better coverage and none of these niggles.

Advertisement