Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building a shed on forestry with no access to electricity etc

Options
  • 05-11-2016 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I recently inherited some forestry in wicklow - about 70 acres. I would like to build a shed on the land - apparently I am not allowed to do this no matter how small it is. Is this true? The shed I would like to build would be 6m by 6m. I would really appreciate any advice. Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 808 ✭✭✭Angry bird

There are exemptions for agricultural sheds, may fall under this.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,397 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

A store, barn, shed, etc of up to 300 sq metre is an exempted development, on certain conditions. The principal conditions are that it has to be a certain distance from any public road and from other buildings and it can't be finished in unpainted metal sheeting. Extra conditions apply if you are going to use the shed for housing or feeding animals, storing effluent, etc, but that's not relevant to your situation.

With 70 acres to play with, you should be able to bring your proposed shed within that exemption without too much trouble. Who is telling you that "apparently" you cannot have a shed? I suggest talk to the planning dept of the relevant local authority; they'll tell you what's possible.

Advertisement