Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Thank You To Saint James Hospital

Options
  • 05-11-2016 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭

With all the bad stories about the health services I would like to give a big thank you to Saint James's Hospital ,
    I needed surgery fairly urgently and I would have had to wait 6 months in Cork to receive it, my GI got me transferred to Saint James and I had the surgery fairly quickly , had a few complications which were sorted quickly and I am now nearly ready to be discharged feeling better than I have in a long time ,

The main reason for this post is that the staff in St James have been OUTSTANDING , from the ordinary staff to the nursing staff and the surgeons they are the best of people ,
    never a frown , always a smile no matter how busy they are ,
    and an especial thank you to the staff in Patrick Dunns ward day and night staff,

Thanks

Tony .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I've found the same, the staff really are excellent in nearly all the hospitals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

To be honest I find that nurses and doctors everywhere have that bit of extra care feel about them, I and my family have had numerous instances of it happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Glad your surgery went well. I'm under the care of some of the cardiac team in SJH.Find them really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Yup, giving out about hospitals is like giving out about taxi drivers. We hear about the bad ones but never seem to encounter them in the first person. I live the shadow of SJH and have been an inmate / A&E candidate over the years. They put up with a lot and fix you up with a cheery and well meant "hope I never see you again." All my best to A.N Curtain - she knows.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

My friend was in over this weekend.

Still not right place for children's hospital!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,910 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

amtc wrote: »
    Still not right place for children's hospital!

Now you've opened a can of worms - but don't worry; it'll probably never be built (or today's children will be grey beards [or long dead] before the minister of the day cuts the ribbon)! The usual Irish solution to problem of locating modern infrastructure...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Bravo. love seeing threads lik this :)

Advertisement