Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 12 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

It could all change really fast, Kane has SWA mun HUL BUR GW14-17. Ibra has a dream run GW16-19. This season is mental, Sanchez being shipped out in droves currently and Lukaku seeing pretty significant sales after his 2nd blank in 8 matches with SWA next

Jaysus that a nice run for united alright !
    Pogba may be even a better option

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

iroced wrote: »
    Yeah. It's all Agüero & Costa upfront. But with Pedro more than £3m cheaper, it makes 3-5-2 the best current option.

Maybe Lallana could be the enabler for the super front 7 team? I don't know much about him. Always assumed he was playing too deep for FPL but his returns so far are more than decent.
    And £1.5m cheaper means he could allow Alonso... Must look at this in greater detail.

- edit -
    Just had a quick look.
    Foster Jaku
    Alonso Fuchs Pieters Holebas Amat
    Sanchez Hazard Firmino Lallana Pedro
    Aguero Austin
    leaves £5.8m for the 3rd striker.
    If Anichebe (£4.5m) could become a serious option at Sunderland, I'd just need to find £0.2m to allow Coutinho in.

Could also go with the front 7 of
    Pedro Sanchez Firminio Coutinho Allen
    Aguero Costa (cheap 3rd striker)

3 questions there:
    1. Would Pedro+Costa outscore Hazard+Pedro? Possibly
    2. Would Coutinho+Firminio outscore Firminio+Lallana? Yes
    3. Austin v Allen. Austin wins that one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Looking at the transfers out so far this GW is mental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Might do Ibra to Lukaku. Everton have Swansea who are awful and Zlatan is suspended

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Lots of people bringing in Alonso to get Chelsea cover but they have an inform Middlesbrough next,then Spurs and Man City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

8-10 wrote: »
    Might do Ibra to Lukaku. Everton have Swansea who are awful and Zlatan is suspended

Thinking the same.Boro are dogged as Arsenal and City found out which is giving me doubts about the obvious choice of Costa.Swansea are terrible so Lukaku could fill his boots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Selling Firmino to get Hazard was a mistake I think. Will have to get him back for the Sunderland game, that could easily be a repeat of today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,525 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Hull defender maybe for nice run.
    Sun, WBA, Boro, PAL.
    Obv choice looks Dawson at 4.4 to free some cash also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,738 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Had been all set to ditch Capoue for Bolasie/Zaha but think I might start downgrading defense instead.

I've a lot of money tied up in VVD and Vertonghen and the points:equity ratio ain't good. VVD to Chelsea defender seems the obvious move but fixtures not great so may look at Stoke/Burnley etc and bank some cash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Twice Lovren has been waylaid with a "virus" in the last month or so - I could do without that kind of unreliability in my defence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

I have quite a few hit scenarios flying around in my head.
    The latest is Lukaku and Bolasie to Costa and Routledge/Can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,840 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Selling Lukaku before Swansea is nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭patmac

Thinking of Gundongan/Rashford to Coutinho/Anicebe will have .3 in the bank, I may just do Rashford to Anicebe ad get rid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Probably looking more seriously at 352 than ever before.

Siggy is coming into great fixtures soon. 2 goals and 3 assists in last 8 tough games in a team performing poorly.

If keeping 2 Liverpool and Sanchez and Hazard there are decent options sub 8m for 5th mid.

Will Anichibe play every game for Sunderland anyone have an insight?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »

Siggy is coming into great fixtures soon. 2 goals and 3 assists in last 8 tough games in a team performing poorly.

If keeping 2 Liverpool and Sanchez and Hazard there are decent options sub 8m for 5th mid.

he cracked his ribs yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Don't know how serious it was but FFS have him at 75% of chances of playing with an expected return next GW. Nothing very official to back that up though. But it may indicate it's not too bad an injury...

Played most of the match with it though.

Would be a few weeks till I'd see going this way, he'll hardly be out long?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭patmac

Ok maybe Capoue/Rashford to Matic/Defoe, or just Rashford to Defoe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Early thoughts are Zlatan to Defoe and Lowton to Alonso. Redmond to Coutinho a possibility too for the double up with Firmino but playing for Brazil so soon before the game I might wait on that one. Likely will be priced out come closer next GW anyway.

• Advertisement

mata to pedro done

I've always been a 3-4-3 man but have recently looked at 3-5-2. Don't think I like it although injuries at Hull today put Diomande at 4.5 in the picture.

Would I rather have a sub £8 million striker or midfielder ? Benteke, Deeney and Austin all playing and on penalties. Or the likes of Walcott, Ramsey (i can't wait to bring in), Siggy or Willian (if I don't bring in Costa).

Think I'll stick with 3-4-3. Going 3-4-3 with Diomande (and playing him) could be an interesting option.

It could all change really fast, Kane has SWA mun HUL BUR GW14-17. Ibra has a dream run GW16-19. This season is mental, Sanchez being shipped out in droves currently and Lukaku seeing pretty significant sales after his 2nd blank in 8 matches with SWA next
    Yes it's changing fast in FPL.

But 'Pool & Chelsea attackers are proving as fixtures proof as Agüero. You can't change your strategy every GW. So maybe I'll be wrong but I'm going to try organise mine as quickly as possible around 2 'Pool mids, 2 Chelsea attackers, Agüero & Sanchez. KDB could replace Sanchez if needs be. Walcott could come in for someone in midfield if necessary too. Only have to decide if I go Pedro or Costa alongside Hazard.

Kane will have to prove his worthiness for his huge price. Ibra's the same. He'll score goals like he always did. But for his price and for making you lose cash on him I demand a lot more than what he offered so far. And he already had the dream fixtures (Hull a = blank ; Lei H = blank despite United scoring 4 ; Stoke H = blank ; Burnley H = blank). He won't play a struggling Swansea every GW and for his dream upcoming fixtures, Sunderland & 'Borough showed they could be tougher to crack. Mourinho will have to offer a more attacking display too.
    thunderdog wrote: »
    Could also go with the front 7 of
    Pedro Sanchez Firminio Coutinho Allen
    Aguero Costa (cheap 3rd striker)

3 questions there:
    1. Would Pedro+Costa outscore Hazard+Pedro? Possibly
    2. Would Coutinho+Firminio outscore Firminio+Lallana? Yes
    3. Austin v Allen. Austin wins that one

1. Hazard is on fire and more nailed than Pedro though. As we already discussed, Conté 3-4-3 really suits Pedro but I'd be surprised if Willian spends the whole season as a sub...
    2. Yes.
    3. Yes.

The main advanatge of Costa upfront is it allows a direct swap to Kane if the latters starts performing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Snodgrass looked excellent on motd2. Could be a consideration for getting back in

Rikand wrote: »
    Snodgrass looked excellent on motd2. Could be a consideration for getting back in

Have wanted to bring him in all season but too expensive as 5th midfielder. Having the courage to play him in a 3-4-3 every week (with the likes of Fletcher as bench fodder) would allow some great options for a front 3.

Edit - I think Snodgrass is a better option than Capoue, Allen and the Irish Cowboy.

I've always been a 3-4-3 man but have recently looked at 3-5-2. Don't think I like it although injuries at Hull today put Diomande at 4.5 in the picture.

Would I rather have a sub £8 million striker or midfielder ? Benteke, Deeney and Austin all playing and on penalties. Or the likes of Walcott, Ramsey (i can't wait to bring in), Siggy or Willian (if I don't bring in Costa).

Think I'll stick with 3-4-3. Going 3-4-3 with Diomande (and playing him) could be an interesting option.

Yeah. I'll probably end up sticking 343. Had avoided it till now as unless you go very cheap with 2nd striker it has little benefit to the midfield 5 (as you need quite a bit of cash to upgrade your bench fodder 5th mid to someone decent).

Austin helps with this, but the problem with being set up with only one premium striker is lack of flexibility in the event that Kane, Costa, Lukaku etc hit form.

I really like Kanes fixtures from GW14. 3 home from 4 vs Swans, Hull and Burnley!! They only have 3 'tougher' games from the next 8 games from GW14 and 4 from 11 if you look right up to GW24. Good odds to be out of CL by then too.

If Kane gets them firing again he'd be a good differential partly because he's (admittedly) overpriced.

• Advertisement

Have wanted to bring him in all season but too expensive as 5th midfielder. Having the courage to play him in a 3-4-3 every week (with the likes of Fletcher as bench fodder) would allow some great options for a front 3.

Edit - I think Snodgrass is a better option than Capoue, Allen and the Irish Cowboy.

Yeah, it's hard to overlook price snobbery but I don't have the TV to be in that position. :pac:

I really like Kanes fixtures from GW14. 3 home from 4 vs Swans, Hull and Burnley!! They only have 3 'tougher' games from the next 8 games from GW14 and 4 from 11 if you look right up to GW24. Good odds to be out of CL by then too.

If Kane gets them firing again he'd be a good differential partly because he's (admittedly) overpriced.

This is what I had in mind when I was thinking of shipping Lukaku a week early.
    Makes Kane an option if Costa gets a suspension and (similar to last week) is more likely gonna help maintains my TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

iroced wrote: »
    Yes it's changing fast in FPL.

But 'Pool & Chelsea attackers are proving as fixtures proof as Agüero. You can't change your strategy every GW. So maybe I'll be wrong but I'm going to try organise mine as quickly as possible around 2 'Pool mids, 2 Chelsea attackers, Agüero & Sanchez. KDB could replace Sanchez if needs be. Walcott could come in for someone in midfield if necessary too. Only have to decide if I go Pedro or Costa alongside Hazard.

Kane will have to prove his worthiness for his huge price. Ibra's the same. He'll score goals like he always did. But for his price and for making you lose cash on him I demand a lot more than what he offered so far. And he already had the dream fixtures (Hull a = blank ; Lei H = blank despite United scoring 4 ; Stoke H = blank ; Burnley H = blank). He won't play a struggling Swansea every GW and for his dream upcoming fixtures, Sunderland & 'Borough showed they could be tougher to crack. Mourinho will have to offer a more attacking display too.

Kane is my ultimate FPL nemesis, so I doubt I'll be one of the early adopters but he has a history of really kicking on in December.
    Ibra would take me doing something like Sanchez to Walcott to fund, which I don't want to do right now since I still don't trust Theo

Austin helps with this, but the problem with being set up with only one premium striker is lack of flexibility in the event that Kane, Costa, Lukaku etc hit form..
    Yeah but I think whatever formation you choose you're bound for 2 cheapies.

Say you go 3-4-3.
    Costa Agüero "x" upfront
    What's the midfield? If I look at mine Sanchez Hazard Firmino "cheapie" "y".
    I'd love Coutinho to be "y".
    In that case I only have £4.7m for 3rd striker and "cheapie" is Whelan.
    £2m short for Austin as a decent 3rd striker.

Who do you downgrade?

1. Hazard to Pedro? Frees about £3m. Could turn "x" into Austin/Defoe/Bony/Benteke.
    2. Coutinho to Lallana? Frees about £1.5m. Not much choice for "x" bar Vokes.
    3. Sanchez to Walcott? Frees £3m+. Same then 1.

Going 3-5-2.
    The 5 are Sanchez Hazard Coutinho Firmino Pedro/Siggy/(Walcott/Eriksen/Alli seems like too far a stretch).
    Agüero "x" & "y" upfront.
    Personally I'd have £12.4m left for "x" & "y".
    If "x" is Austin as a 2nd striker it leaves £5.7m for the 3rd striker. So if you go for Diomandé/Anichebe you have £1.1m-£1.2m to strenghten defense or upgrade Austin (only similar options a little more expensive) or stretch Pedro/Siggy to Walcott/Eriksen/Alli.

What are the differences?

3-4-3 | 3-5-2
    Costa/Kane | Austin/Defoe/Bony/Benteke
    Pedro Sanchez or Hazard Walcott | Hazard Sanchez
    bench fodder | Pedro/Siggy as your 5th mid (*)
    "x" = Austin/Defoe/Bony/Benteker | "x" = bench fodder
    Fuchs | Morgan (*)
    £5.5m | Alonso
    | (*) Morgan to a £4.5m allows Walcott/Eriksen/Alli instead of Pedro/Siggy
    flexibility regarding 2nd striker | -4 to revert to 3-4-3

A final note. 5 strikers above 50 pts. For 15 midfielders (that doesn't include Lallana & Pedro)... 4 strikers above 60. 7 mids... 1 above 70. 3 mids...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

My team looks in a bit of disarray for next week. I may have ZERO starting defenders. Holebas and Smith both suspended, Amat has lost his place, injury doubts to Walker and Cameron. I also need to get rid of Capoue and Puncheon who are really stinking up my team!

I'm going to leave any moves until after the internationals, but there will be hits!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Anyone else thinking of selling Aguero? Have him, Lukaku and Costa up front with Sanchez and Coutinho in Mid with 3 cheap(under 5 mill) midfielders and really fell like I'm missing out on points.

Stones is out and he'll not make my team again this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Stones is out and he'll not make my team again this season.

Famous last words. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

I could really use some help trying to deal with my GW12 transfer…
    My defense consists of:
    Williams
    Evans
    Holebas – suspended
    Amat – dropped
    Marc Wilson – is he still around?

0.3 itb… and AOA already wasted. By replacing Wilson or Amat I’ll have the huge amount of 4.3 to spend on a defender… from my quick research I’ve found:

- James Collins (4.3) who played 90’ against stoke, however west ham’s next fixtures are Spurs (A), MU (A), Arsenal (H), Liverpool (A)…

- Van der Hoorn (4.3) who played 90’ against united and scored! Swansea’s next fixtures are Everton (A), Palace (H), Spurs (A), Sunderland (H)…

Both options look like a wasted transfer… Is there another valid replacement? Or should I hope a 4.4 defender drops to 4.3 during this International break?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Anyone else thinking of selling Aguero? Have him, Lukaku and Costa up front with Sanchez and Coutinho in Mid with 3 cheap(under 5 mill) midfielders and really fell like I'm missing out on points.

It sounds crazy to even think about it when he had 16 points 2 weeks ago but if you look at it, he's sitting with the same total points as Jermaine Defoe. But ya, it's too crazy to go without even for me.

Personally I'm trying to pack midfield as opposed to forwards. I've made peace with no having Costa, going with Aguero & Lukaku as my main two and having Chelsea cover behind him.

After the next GW, my attack will hopefully look like:
    Coutinho, Mane, Hazard, Pedro, Walcott
    Aguero, Lukaku, (Anichebe / Diomande type)

I'm an Allen & Bentekkers to Walcott & Diomande transfer away from that.
    Gks and defense cheap as chips, nobody over 5m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,310 ✭✭✭COH

Could do Deeney/Fletcher > Anichebe/Pedro for a -4 leaving a front 7 of

Pedro/Hazard/Sterling/Coutinho/Firmino
    Aguerro/Lukaku

Looks great on paper but is Pedro nailed on when Chelsea have a full strength squad to choose from? Either way I want Deeney gone!

COH wrote: »

Aguerro/Lukaku

Looks great on paper but is Pedro nailed on when Chelsea have a full strength squad to choose from? Either way I want Deeney gone!

I wanted Deeney gone too but two consecutive home games coming up and I'd expect a reaction to yesterday's result from the whole team.

He is also pretty desperate to bring up the club ton and I'd expect it to happen in one of next two games.

I'll look at in greater detail but I do now think its possible to be without aguero and for it not to be a big deal. There are lots of captaincy options now and I no longer see aguero as the default captaincy choice. Its having to nerve to not panic when aguero gets a big haul that would be key to going without him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Looks great on paper but is Pedro nailed on when Chelsea have a full strength squad to choose from?

Would any manager been keen to change a team that has really started to click? And by click, I mean playing some of the best football they ever have.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

bezuaua wrote: »
    My defense consists of:
    Williams
    Evans
    Holebas – suspended
    Amat – dropped

0.3 itb… and AOA already wasted. By replacing Wilson or Amat I’ll have the huge amount of 4.3 to spend on a defender… from my quick research I’ve found:

- James Collins (4.3) who played 90’ against stoke, however west ham’s next fixtures are Spurs (A), MU (A), Arsenal (H), Liverpool (A)…

- Van der Hoorn (4.3) who played 90’ against united and scored! Swansea’s next fixtures are Everton (A), Palace (H), Spurs (A), Sunderland (H)…

Both options look like a wasted transfer… Is there another valid replacement? Or should I hope a 4.4 defender drops to 4.3 during this International break?

If I was going for a 4.3m defender, I would get Nyom. Risks are that he isn't nailed and he's off to African Cup of Nations in mid January

• Advertisement

If I was going for a 4.3m defender, I would get Nyom. Risks are that he isn't nailed and he's off to African Cup of Nations in mid January

Flanagan started for Burnley last game not sure if he will keep his place when ward is fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

I'll look at in greater detail but I do now think its possible to be without aguero and for it not to be a big deal. There are lots of captaincy options now and I no longer see aguero as the default captaincy choice. Its having to nerve to not panic when aguero gets a big haul that would be key to going without him.

Its something I plan to look at myself. I currently have:
    Firmino, Coutinho, Ozil, Allen, Capoue
    Aguero, Lukaku, Defoe.

I have money in the bank so would have the cash (wouldn't do it as its a -8 hit) for:
    Firmino, Coutinho, Ozil, Hazard, De Roon
    Costa, Lukaku, Defoe.

Excluding the captaincy issue, I'd fancy Hazard & Costa to outscore Aguero and Allen. The doubt of course is that Aguero can go off on one at any time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

PARlance wrote: »
    Would any manager been keen to change a team that has really started to click? And by click, I mean playing some of the best football they ever have.

This. Pedro is realizing his potential, and on-form is streets ahead of Willian in terms of attacking play and skill. Willian's main strengths are his work-rate and running, and so if he's to get back in the XI i think it will be at the expense of Moses (who is also playing great). Personally i have Haz and Costa and Alonso so no room for Pedro! But i can absolutely see his appeal right now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Aguerro/Lukaku

Bit of an arsenal shaped hole there. Id look at walcott in for sterling.

My defense consists of:
    Williams
    Evans
    Holebas – suspended
    Amat – dropped

If I were I'd either leave it like that and play with 10 players or take a 4 points hit to get in a more nailed def with mid-term in mind (Stoke def for example or Chelsea if you can free the cash but looks better from GW16 onwards). Now it depends if there's somebody else you'd be happy to ditch from your team ;).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Collins only got his game because Reid was suspended.

Chadli in for Sterling. Already excited at the prospect of Chadli MNF at home to Burnley

manual_man wrote: »
    Chadli in for Sterling. Already excited at the prospect of Chadli MNF at home to Burnley

Its a good shout if he is fit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Wasn't Zouma first choice at Chelsea before his injury?.....can people see him get back into their defence on his return after the international break?

• Advertisement

Its a good shout if he is fit

Indications are he should be available. Haemmoraging value on Sterling so I've moved early. I may also get in Austin for -4 and play AOA. My plan anyway is to have a full compliment of good options in attack going into the festive period. If I get Austin I'll be:

Firmino Coutinho Allen Hazard Chadli
    Aguero Costa Austin

which is reasonably good I think. No Arsenal but you can't have 'em all

Advertisement