Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 12 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Anyone else thinking of selling Aguero? Have him, Lukaku and Costa up front with Sanchez and Coutinho in Mid with 3 cheap(under 5 mill) midfielders and really fell like I'm missing out on points.
    PARlance wrote: »
    It sounds crazy to even think about it when he had 16 points 2 weeks ago but if you look at it, he's sitting with the same total points as Jermaine Defoe. But ya, it's too crazy to go without even for me.
    I'll look at in greater detail but I do now think its possible to be without aguero and for it not to be a big deal. There are lots of captaincy options now and I no longer see aguero as the default captaincy choice. Its having to nerve to not panic when aguero gets a big haul that would be key to going without him.
    Benimar wrote: »
    Its something I plan to look at myself. I currently have:
    Firmino, Coutinho, Ozil, Allen, Capoue
    Aguero, Lukaku, Defoe.

I have money in the bank so would have the cash (wouldn't do it as its a -8 hit) for:
    Firmino, Coutinho, Ozil, Hazard, De Roon
    Costa, Lukaku, Defoe.

Excluding the captaincy issue, I'd fancy Hazard & Costa to outscore Aguero and Allen. The doubt of course is that Aguero can go off on one at any time!

I'd set the problem differently. The problem is not Agüero. The problem is Guardiola. It all started too well and we/I thought he had the team running like Barça & Bayern. But there's something we/I forgot. Man City squad, players and as a team (I mean the connections between the XI who play) is miles under Barça & Bayern level. They're in a different league. And it's not because they managed to beat Barça 3-1 that things are different now. They need to produce such performances 30 times in the season not 5 or 6. That's THE difference. So, they (Guardiola and the players) will need time to really settle. And when they'll do, they'll be as terrific as Chelsea are right now.

Conte was facing similar difficulties earlier on this season. Now that he got his team working from his trademark back 3, they're lethal.

We can compare Guardiola with Klopp. 'Pool was not as consistent as they are now last year. Klopp needed time to build the team as he wanted. Same for Guardiola. Question is how much time he'll need.

So, if dumping Agüero this week may not be the worst idea (Agüero has 2 tough WC18 qualifiers in South America and will only be back 3 days before next GW that is 4 days before a tough and important game away to 'Gladbach (and then they're away to Burnley & home to Chelsea)), I'd be worried planning mid-term without a City attacker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

manual_man wrote: »
    Chadli in for Sterling. Already excited at the prospect of Chadli MNF at home to Burnley

Me too...praying he will be fit though as I have Smith and Holebas out already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

Chadli in for Sterling. Already excited at the prospect of Chadli MNF at home to Burnley

Already dreading the prospect of having ONLY a keeper playing it AND the other keeper on my bench :D
    Torture

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Used my FT the weekend and done

Payet to Hazard.

Now contemplating a -8 of

Bellerin to Friend
    Rashford to Barrow

this will then free up cash for the following weeks move of

Walker to Taylor
    Stanislas to Sanchez.

My strategy will ultimately be a low budget defence and an attacking 7 of

Sanchez Mane Coutinho Hazard
    Aguero Lukaku
    with rotating of (De Roon & Barrow)

By holding off on the double transfer the week after I will be saving +4 points.

However will Sanchez & Taylor outscore Walker & Stanislas in the next GW by more than 4 points?

Sanchez away to Man Utd
    Taylor away to Everton

Walker home to west ham
    Stanislas away to Stoke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

km79 wrote: »
    Already dreading the prospect of having ONLY a keeper playing it AND the other keeper on my bench :D
    Torture

Haha play Foster and hope his CS points outscore Heaton's save points :P Foster or Pickford my 2 gk's tough call I'll probably go with Foster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭patmac

Did Rashford to Anechibi last night, so one more needed
    Capoue to Pedro(will leave 0.9 ITB) or Gun dog to Coutinho (leaving 0.2 ITB)? I have a little bit of wriggle room so might sit it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

At the moment it looks like a boring Capoue to de Roon to bank some cash and rolling my other free transfer over. Bit worried about Walcott though. Will he keep his starting place and worth keeping along with Sanchez?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Would Sanchez to Hazard be a bit of a sideways transfer?....am contemplating it,and then possibly getting Walcott in the following week in place of Capoue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭mcgettigan16

Looking at Sanchez to Hazard tonight before he rises again. Then Joe Allen to Walcott for GW13. Can't see any other way of getting Hazard in. Don't like the idea of selling Sanchez though. Head is fried. Could also go without Hazard for another week or two!

Current team:

Foster, Pickford.
    Friend, Holebas, Amat, Coleman, Cameron.
    Firmino, Coutinho, Allen, Sanchez, De Roon.
    Aguero, Benteke, Lukaku.

Overall rank of 20k. Need to get this right. Opinions welcome,

Looking at Sanchez to Hazard tonight before he rises again. Then Joe Allen to Walcott for GW13. Can't see any other way of getting Hazard in. Don't like the idea of selling Sanchez though. Head is fried. Could also go without Hazard for another week or two!

Current team:

Foster, Pickford.
    Aguero, Benteke, Lukaku.

Arsenal have one difficult game right after international break so Sanchez is likely to be risked in it. Then they have a lovely run.

I'm thinking of selling Sanchez to help improve my strike force but I would want Arsenal cover for that run of games.

If you downgraded Coleman ( in conjunction with Sanchez to Hazard) you could probably upgrade Allen to Walcott or Ramsey.

Edit - ignore my post as I misread your question and you have it covered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Current team:

Foster, Pickford.
    Aguero, Benteke, Lukaku.

Personally gonna hold off on Hazard for another 3 game weeks - I have Walcott/Sanchez and the Liverpool 3. On paper Hazard doesn't have better fixtures than any and those 5 are equally likely so score big as Hazard over next 3 gameweeks until Chelseas easy run kicks in.

Shipping out Sanchez for Hazard now when Sanchez has home to Bournemouth in 2 game weeks is high risk, either can explode and although Hazard is more in form the harder fixtures are a mittigating factor. The only problem with holding is that is Hazard will probably rise substantially over next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Would Sanchez to Hazard be a bit of a sideways transfer?....am contemplating it,and then possibly getting Walcott in the following week in place of Capoue.

Current team:

Foster, Pickford.
    Aguero, Benteke, Lukaku.

I think it's gonna be a popular move and transfer trends suggest this. It will help maintain TV and give you a captain option.
    If Costa is not been considered instead and you want to keep your two Pool mids then I say go now.
    I got Hazard last week for Coutinho (Have Sanchez from GW1). It's a solid trade for free and worth a hit perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Guys can you help me figure out how to get Hazard and Coutinho into my squad!! I have 1 FT, 0.3m itb and I know it will probably take a couple of GWs to happen,

Pickford, Mandanda
    Holebas, Friend, Fuchs, Williams, Amat
    Sanchez, Sterling, Allen, Lallana, Fletcher
    Costa, Lukaku, Aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

second transfer made cech to heaton for a -4.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Guys can you help me figure out how to get Hazard and Coutinho into my squad!! I have 1 FT, 0.3m itb and I know it will probably take a couple of GWs to happen,

Pickford, Mandanda
    Costa, Lukaku, Aguero

Sanchez and Sterling.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Sanchez to Hazard does indeed seem to be the popular move. I can see why people are doing it but it could go terribly wrong with Sanchez at home to Bournemouth and likely to be a prime captain option alongside Liverpool mids. This type of TV swing move has been paying all season to be fair.

Pickford, Mandanda
    Costa, Lukaku, Aguero

Lukaku to Austin GW12, Sterling to Hazard, Lallana to Coutinho if that works. Or Sanchez and Sterling to Hazard and Coutinho now. But Coutinho might be benched against Southampton due Brazil duty and late arrival

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

Right lads I've a question for ye. Would it be better to sacrifice defence for a high class midfield and attack line up.
    I was thinking of changing to de bruyne, Coutinho, Firmino, Hazard and Walcott with Costa and Lukaku up front. To fund this Aguero will have to be sold and a couple of very cheap defenders will have to be found.
    My defence has not been scoring well all season and it seems impossible to get a clean sheet

fennor72 wrote: »
    Right lads I've a question for ye. Would it be better to sacrifice defence for a high class midfield and attack line up.
    I was thinking of changing to de bruyne, Coutinho, Firmino, Hazard and Walcott with Costa and Lukaku up front. To fund this Aguero will have to be sold and a couple of very cheap defenders will have to be found.
    My defence has not been scoring well all season and it seems impossible to get a clean sheet

Premium defenders have been a nonsense so far this season with the recent exception of Chelsea.

Downgrade your defence to free up cash is definitely the way to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,738 ✭✭✭Cartman78

So right now I can afford to do VVD to Friend and Capoue to Pedro.

Already have Hazard and double Liverpool mids so not too keen having all my eggs in 2 baskets. Ideally want Arsenal cover but this would take multiple hits at the moment.

Will mull over it for another while I think

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

I've got two suspensions this week; Smith and Holebas and two yellow flags; Costa and Sanchez.

I'm really not sure what to do. I've got Walker and McAuley in the backline but I also have Amat who probably won't start. I only have .3 ITB. I think I'll need to take a hit and downgrade another player in order to transfer Amat (possibly Pieters)

Sanchez to Haz is another possibility *strokes chin*

• Advertisement

carnie wrote: »
    I've got two suspensions this week; Smith and Holebas and two yellow flags; Costa and Sanchez.

I'm really not sure what to do. I've got Walker and McAuley in the backline but I also have Amat who probably won't start. I only have .3 ITB. I think I'll need to take a hit and downgrade another player in order to transfer Amat (possibly Pieters)

Amat to Nyom. WBA have a nice run. Best wait for team news just in case, but Nyom is £4.3m and I may get him myself

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

You know whats the best way to follow up a successful 8 point hit and a successful 20 point hit?

An 8 point hit.

Amat to Nyom. WBA have a nice run. Best wait for team news just in case, but Nyom is £4.3m and I may get him myself

I already have McAuley and I don't like having two defenders from one team.

Also Stoke have a decent run over the next 2/3 weeks

Also Stoke have a decent run over the next 2/3 weeks

None for £4.3m or less though. If you're looking at transfers for the medium term, you might consider a points hit to tidy your squad up a bit. Either way wait til team news.

None for £4.3m or less though. If you're looking at transfers for the medium term, you might consider a points hit to tidy your squad up a bit. Either way wait til team news.

This is very true.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

I'm in a similar situation. AOA an option?

Actually if I do AOA and bank transfer, I assume the transfer carries to next week as normal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

bantee wrote: »

Actually if I do AOA and bank transfer, I assume the transfer carries to next week as normal?
    Yep.

Thinking of bellerin to brunt now instead of Alonso or Fuchs
    Raise some cash to upgrade Bolasie next week

• Advertisement

Thinking of bellerin to brunt now instead of Alonso or Fuchs
    Raise some cash to upgrade Bolasie next week

I've looked at Siggy and they have a real good run coming up but their manager has looked clueless so far. If they get Big Sam in, within 2 weeks, I'll bring Siggy in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Clyne --> Brunt looks like being my transfer this week.

Clyne has been unlucky but I think he needs to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Help wanted

Who should I bring in for Alli ???

Only 8.2m so nowhere near enough for Hazard, Sanchez or Coutinho

Already got Walcot, Firmino, Chadli (inj) and Coquilen (don't ask).

Sterling or Pedro or Barkley at a push otherwise it's one of the bargains like Allen or Snodgrass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,738 ✭✭✭Cartman78

spock. wrote: »
    Clyne --> Brunt looks like being my transfer this week.

Clyne has been unlucky but I think he needs to go.

Probably going to do something similar myself.

VVD to Brunt looking likely at this stage...will leave me with 2m in the bank to upgrade Capoue/Allen next week

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

I've looked at Siggy and they have a real good run coming up but their manager has looked clueless so far. If they get Big Sam in, within 2 weeks, I'll bring Siggy in.

It's not looking good for the Swans, but Siggy's still ticking over nicely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Help wanted

Sterling or Pedro or Barkley at a push otherwise it's one of the bargains like Allen or Snodgrass.

Sterling probably the best

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,480 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Help wanted

Whats the story with Alli's injury? Like to be long term?
    He needs to go either way but I won't be spending -4 if I don't have to

There will be so many tears after the international break injuries .......

So so so many
    My team is decimated but at least I didn't make any early transfers.........and Lallana was a possibility

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭skippy15

Some amount of injuries and suspensions this week.
    Will only be fielding 10 players at most 2 def. Thinking of taking a hit 5.9 spend on a defender so either rose or McCauley have foster already tho mmm.

bantee wrote: »

I used the AOA last week, which fell flat on it's arse. So it's either bring in Nyom or Amat or take a hit and downgrade a mid or forward and bring in someone like Pieters for Amat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Anyone thinking of getting Moses in?
    Have just enough to do Capoue to Moses but was impressed by Capoue against Liverpool, should have scored a couple so reckon he could start scoring again soon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭raiders11

Anyone thinking of getting Moses in?
    Have just enough to do Capoue to Moses but was impressed by Capoue against Liverpool, should have scored a couple so reckon he could start scoring again soon

Am surprised myself at the amount offloading Capoue, as I watched that Liverpool game and also thought he was unlucky not to get a goal or two. Am gonna hold on to him for a while yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

Interesting to read the above re Capoue. I currently have him and Puncheon who I want/need to get rid from my midfield. However my defensive crisis is going to need my attention (only one certain playing def).

I have 0.6m in the bank and am considering Amat>Nyom, Puncheon> Snodgrass for a -4. Hull have decent fixtures in the next few weeks, so am happy enough trying Snodgrass for a while.

Thoughts? Is it worth the -4?

raiders11 wrote: »
    Am surprised myself at the amount offloading Capoue, as I watched that Liverpool game and also thought he was unlucky not to get a goal or two. Am gonna hold on to him for a while yet.

One way or another he is starting for me this week
    I've missed all his points this year bar a 3 pointer so a goal this weekend along with a Kone clean sheet would please me a lot

mectavba wrote: »
    Interesting to read the above re Capoue. I currently have him and Puncheon who I want/need to get rid from my midfield. However my defensive crisis is going to need my attention (only one certain playing def).

I have 0.6m in the bank and am considering Amat>Nyom, Puncheon> Snodgrass for a -4. Hull have decent fixtures in the next few weeks, so am happy enough trying Snodgrass for a while.

Thoughts? Is it worth the -4?

One thing for sure, if Hull score, more than likely, Snodgrass will have being involved...

Pick one please... Davis, Dawson, Pieters, Lovren

I'm about 80% sure I'm gonna drop Smith, which gives me 5m ITB.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

raiders11 wrote: »

Two of his shots were when Liverpool were 5-0 up. He's fine for bench fodder since he's nailed, but I'm considering finally ditching him this week for De Roon to free up cash. He keeps leaking value annoyingly or I would bank the transfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭patmac

Did Rashford to Anchibe to free up cash. I have money to do Capoue to Pedro (0.9 ITB) or Gundogan to Coutinho/Firmino for a -4 but might wait till next week, although worried having only Mane in midfield.

Two of his shots were when Liverpool were 5-0 up. He's fine for bench fodder since he's nailed, but I'm considering finally ditching him this week for De Roon to free up cash. He keeps leaking value annoyingly or I would bank the transfer

Ye, he is dropping pretty rapid alright but have already 2 transfers done and still have Rodwell from day one:eek::o, who def needs rid of

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

He had 3 shots on target vs Liverpool.

He had 0 shots on target in the 5 matches before that.

For last 6 matches he has 10 attempts, 9 of them from outside the box, 3 on target (in the Liverpool game). He has touched the ball in the opposition box 3 times in the 6 matches.

He is bench fodder lads, and as Ziegler say its just annoying not to have squeezed the bit of team value out of him before people realised this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

is rashford likely to start this weekend?
    any word on fraser forsters injury?

• Advertisement
Advertisement