Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 12 Transfers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭raiders11

FHFC wrote: »
    He had 3 shots on target vs Liverpool.

He had 0 shots on target in the 5 matches before that.

For last 6 matches he has 10 attempts, 9 of them from outside the box, 3 on target (in the Liverpool game). He has touched the ball in the opposition box 3 times in the 6 matches.

He is bench fodder lads, and as Ziegler say its just annoying not to have squeezed the bit of team value out of him before people realised this.

Well, that puts the Capoue discussion to bed:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Ok so Capoue has to go but what do people think of Moses as a replacement?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

How much value has Capoue lost from his high point?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Ok so Capoue has to go but what do people think of Moses as a replacement?

I don't think I'll ever pick a Reverse OOP midfielder, you could also argue going treble Chelsea (Costa, Haz, defender) which Moses blocks.
    How much value has Capoue lost from his high point?

5.3m, I believe

Thinking of shipping out Capoue....have Firmino and Coutinho....toying with idea of in form Can in as well for another Pool mid as my bench fodder.....or as a starter when they have best fixtures....would that be overkill?....he's most 'in form ' lad in that price bracket.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Capoue is still the best 4.5 mid I'm not overly concerned with him dropping. I'd prefer him to be subbed in instead of the likes of carrick Glenn whelan etc. The problem is if you have him as your 4th mid.

Capoue is still the best 4.5 mid I'm not overly concerned with him dropping. I'd prefer him to be subbed in instead of the likes of carrick Glenn whelan etc. The problem is if you have him as your 4th mid.
    What would you think of Can?....he's 4.8 m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Ya ideally I'd like to have cashed in on him but always had a more pressing transfer. At this stage, he can stay there for the rest of the season unless I switch to 3-5-2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Yeah but id you'd cashed out at the optimum time for de Roon or Whelan for example you'd have had an extra 0.6m or 0.5m to spend elsewhere. Worth more that a slightly higher chance of more than 3 points the one time in ten you need him to autosub in IMO.

If I wasn't constantly needing a transfers a week he'd be long gone. If I don't get him gone before he drops to 4.8 I'll probably end up keeping him for the season. Still 0.4 to be freed up by switching to De Roon now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Zlatan out. Defoe in.

Alonso in for Lowton is planned next.

Have money after to go Redmond to Coutinho but just have a niggling doubt in my head about him this week.

Yeah but id you'd cashed out at the optimum time for de Roon or Whelan for example you'd have had an extra 0.6m or 0.5m to spend elsewhere. Worth more that a slightly higher chance of more than 3 points the one time in ten you need him to autosub in IMO.

If I wasn't constantly needing a transfers a week he'd be long gone. If I don't get him gone before he drops to 4.8 I'll probably end up keeping him for the season. Still 0.4 to be freed up by switching to De Roon now.

I got him at 4.6 so I'd made .3 on him. I wouldn't be thinking of the .6 saving as I can still switch and save .4. I've lost .2 since he dropped. I'd still prefer to have him over the extra .2. I reckon I could sell him to go 3 5 2 but I'm not ready to make that decision yet so no regrets. Although I did think of doing capoue to Joe Allen a few weeks back which would've been a nice little earner. Allen would have been my bench player. I like the idea of my bench player having a chance of more than 2 pts.

What would you think of Can?....he's 4.8 m.

If he keeps his place he is a decent option as Liverpool don't really play with a holding mid. I wouldn't be keen on having to start him every week though.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Thatsfootball

Currently on a wildcard looking for advice:
    Is it worth getting Sanchez/Hazard (already have Costa and Walcott)?

Matic is a decent option as 5th mid too for his price, but would mean no Chelsea defender

Also considering dropping Aguero to beef up midfield, allowing possibly Sanchez and Hazard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Would be interested in feedback on this one...

Keen to get rid of VVD for either Brunt or Lowton....had planned to save the money for a rainy day but the Lallana injury might force my hand.

Is it worth getting rid of Lallana for Firmino for a hit? Or play Capoue and hope Lallana makes it back asap?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Lads I have 1 FT with Lallana and Costa both serious doubts for the weekend. I'm going to wait till tomorrow but who should get the boot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

A lot of people getting rid of defenders, as has been mentioned several times here in the past, it's hard to justify taking a hit as points returns have been poor for defenders in general.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

patmac wrote: »
    A lot of people getting rid of defenders, as has been mentioned several times here in the past, it's hard to justify taking a hit as points returns have been poor for defenders in general.

VVD has been a bad investment for me so that's why I'm downgrading.

Ideally would keep Lallana but with Hazard yellow flagged, Allen playing deeper and Capoue...I think it's probably worth the hit for Firmino

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Cartman78 wrote: »
    VVD has been a bad investment for me so that's why I'm downgrading.

Ideally would keep Lallana but with Hazard yellow flagged, Allen playing deeper and Capoue...I think it's probably worth the hit for Firmino

Yeah I have taken hits for defenders (can't anymore as I have 2x4.6,4.5,4.3 and a 4.0) to free up cash but wouldn't to a straight swap as not too many outside of Chelsea scoring more than 4 points.
    BTW
    Front 8 are currently
    Mane, Gundogan, Sanchez, Hazard(Capoue)
    Kun, Lukaku, Anichibe.
    Have 3.3m in the bank was thinking Gundog for Coutinho/Firmino or Capoue to Pedro or save the hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Think I'm going Bellerin to Evans.

Puts money ITB which will allow me some flexibility to sort out squad. Would like to go into Christmas period with at least 14 regular starters in my 15 to protect against inevitable rotation and injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Cartman78 wrote: »

Is it worth getting rid of Lallana for Firmino for a hit? Or play Capoue and hope Lallana makes it back asap?

Play Capoue. I fully expect Firmino to play, however having come back from playing a game at 2am yesterday morning in Brazil, even if he starts he is surely at risk of not getting 90.

For a FT, yes, but not for a hit. Play Capoue - Lallana isn't out long, and might even make this game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Fant11

Are we confident Brunt wil be a regular starter once Baggies injuries clear up?

I take it he's playing centre mid now.

dsmythy wrote: »
    Zlatan out. Defoe in.

Alonso in for Lowton is planned next.

Have money after to go Redmond to Coutinho but just have a niggling doubt in my head about him this week.

Part two done. Free transfers used up.

Fant11 wrote: »
    Are we confident Brunt wil be a regular starter once Baggies injuries clear up?

I take it he's playing centre mid now.

Also curious on this. I see he is excluded from the west brom team on FFS at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Dónal wrote: »
    Also curious on this. I see he is excluded from the west brom team on FFS at the moment.

Ah Christ ! He was going to be my transfer in
    Just seen they have nyom left back
    If brunt doesn't start midfield he will start there IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I haven't logged into my team in more than a week. It's nice to be living in ignorance over all these injuries :)

I haven't logged into my team in more than a week. It's nice to be living in ignorance over all these injuries :)

Stay logged out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

Amat & Puncheon > Nyom & Snodgrass....it's been a while since I've had a Pulis defender and it doesn't look like I have missed out on much. Hard to know why I have gone back to the Temple of Tony...probably the upcoming next fixtures.

Leaves me with:

Pickford
    Nyom, Walker, Cameron
    Sanchez, Coutinho, Firmino, Snodgrass
    Aguero, Austin, Lukaku (C)

With doubts over Cameron, Coutinho, maybe Firmino and Capoue my only available sub, I am expecting a difficult week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Pieters in for Lovren

Foster

McCauley Stones Pieters

Coutinho Firmino Sanchez Snodgrass

Bentekkers Aguero Lukaku (C)

(Pickford, Capoue, Amat, Holebas)

If West Brom can somehow keep a CS, I think I could have a good week.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Is Nyom a definite starter?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Im screwed. Holebas & Smith suspendend...Major dounts over Cout/Haz/Sanchez..And to add insult to injury i'm on a -4 already!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Im screwed. Holebas & Smith suspendend...Major dounts over Cout/Haz/Sanchez..And to add insult to injury i'm on a -4 already!

Is Hazard a major doubt?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mcgooch

elefant wrote: »
    Is Hazard a major doubt?

Conte just confirmed in his presser that Hazard is fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Hazard not a doubt.
    Coutinho a minor doubt.
    Sanchez a very minor doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Hazard not a doubt.
    Coutinho a minor doubt.
    Sanchez a very minor doubt.

Exactly that! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Pickford | Given:eek:
    Williams | Evans | Amat | Holebas | Marc Wilson:eek:
    Hazard | Sanchez | Firmino | Gundogan | Allen
    Aguero | Lukaku | Benteke

1FT and 0.3 itb.
    Would it be wise swapping Wilson (4.0) »» Nyom (4.3) and pray for a WBA cleanie against burnley?

Otherwise play 10 (I fear Amat can get in with negative points…) and save transfer to reshuffle defense next week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Walcott's wife is due to give birth so he may miss the game. Dunno whether to get rid or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

I can't even risk AOA now
    decimated

is there any particular reason Brunt is down as not starting on FFs??????? if i sign him he has to start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Heaton/Pickford

Kingsley, Amat, Evans, Walker, Coleman

Firmino, Walcott, Sterling, Capoue, Allen

Costa, Aguero, Lukaku

2FT's & 0.5m in the bank

Where do I improve this squad?

km79 wrote: »
    I can't even risk AOA now
    decimated

is there any particular reason Brunt is down as not starting on FFs??????? if i sign him he has to start

I expect him to start, either in place of Chadli or as left-back in place of Nyom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Gamble on Moses in for Hjoberg. He's been stinking up my bench for weeks. Hopefully Sanchez and Coutinho are ok to play

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

I wonder is there any chance of Amat winning his place back?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

I'm going AOA to field 11 players due to either Amat not playing or if he does they're gonna get beaten well

Dempsey wrote: »
    Heaton/Pickford

Kingsley, Amat, Evans, Walker, Coleman

Firmino, Walcott, Sterling, Capoue, Allen

Costa, Aguero, Lukaku

2FT's & 0.5m in the bank

Where do I improve this squad?

I wouls hold for this week and then look at getting Coleman and Allen upgraded - maybe involving Lukaku too to generate more cash.

bantee wrote: »
    I'm going AOA to field 11 players due to either Amat not playing or if he does they're gonna get beaten well

I don't think they'll get beaten well. Bradley has focused his tactics on keeping things tight and Everton haven't exactly been setting the world alight recently.

There is a chance yes - all Swansea's defensive sports are up for grabs except for Naughton at RB. Personally I think he awful - the worst of their options so shouldn't but its a close call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

bantee wrote: »

I'm doing the same, no point starting Amat on the outside chance he might start and then leaving a mid on the bench who could potentially return points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I wouls hold for this week and then look at getting Coleman and Allen upgraded - maybe involving Lukaku too to generate more cash.

And waste a free transfer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I don't think they'll get beaten well. Bradley has focused his tactics on keeping things tight and Everton haven't exactly been setting the world alight recently.

Unbeaten at home with an in form Lukaku. Can't see a CS maybe concede 2 or 3

Dempsey wrote: »
    And waste a free transfer?

Didn't spot yoy had 2FT's.

Personally would sell Capoue for a 4.3m as I like to have all my TV on the pitch. If not maybe Amat to Evans with WBA's upcoming fixtures - n reason to ship out any of your big hitters. I would recommend Coutinho next week though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

In his 4 games in charge, they conceed 3 goals in 3 of them (Utd, Arsenal and Stoke) and 0-0 to Watford. Everton have scored 4 goals over those 4 gameweeks (one game which was a blank).

Could go either way I guess but anytime I've seen Swansea live, they look like horse****. I think it will depend on which Everton turn up more so than Swansea being tight at the back.

• Advertisement
Advertisement