Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steam Autumn & Winter Sales

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭nix

Dragos dogma any use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

nix wrote: »
    Dragos dogma any use?

yeah its excellent.

You can buy peoples avatars/characters from your Steam buddies to help you in game, with in game money.

Do that as soon as the game lets you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Kiith wrote: »
    Stellaris was 60% off, but now it's gone back to 33%. I thought the price would stay the same through the entire sale.

Would have bought the bloody thing if Steam hadn't been down :(

Seems like it was a pricing error. I bought it yesterday but the Nova edtion had a much deeper discount than the base game. I was a bit confused yesterday when I saw that, but cant complain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

So from my understanding this year the sales don't change on a daily basis? So whatever the price of a certain game is right now it will stay that way till Jan 2?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yep, it's been like that the last few years for sales.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Yep, it's been like that the last few years for sales.

Due to the refund policy I would imagine otherwise it would be a complete nightmare having people request refunds for games they had just bought which then appeared in a flash sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭nix

So... i went and bought Walking dead season 1 and 2 (and 400days) i didnt get the michone one due to low scores and in case it spoils the show, Portal 1 and 2, dragons dogma and the division...

Walking dead season 1
    Walking dead season 2
    Walking dead 400 days
    Portal
    Portal 2
    Dragons dogma
    The division

all for €47

Sweet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Whatever you do if you have Windows; do not buy Trucks & Trailers on Steam.

I bought it last night and tried to play it through anyway possible but it doesn't work for me. A notice came up on my screen multiple times to let me know the game has 'stopped working' while I'm using it on Windows 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

AoE2HD: Rajas and Kingdoms for €11.98? Yay or nay?

• Advertisement

ED E wrote: »
    AoE2HD: Rajas and Kingdoms for €11.98? Yay or nay?

Yes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Decided to treat myself for Christmas and pickup a few games. So far...

Stellaris (+DLC)
    Just Cause 3 (+DLC)
    Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
    Metal Gear Solid 5
    Homeworld: Desert of Kharaak
    Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I got speedrunners, thumper, towerfall ascension, super meat boy, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, move or die, gauntlet, and battleblock theatre.

Looking forward to some good multiplayer over Christmas (and thumper between the fights) :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

got a decent haul today, these steam sales are not as cheap as they used to be tho:

The Witcher 3 GOTY edition
    Firewatch
    Dark Souls 2: Scholar Of The First Sin
    Redout
    Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
    Wolfenstein: the New Order
    Wolfenstein: the Old Blood
    Dyling Light with all the dlc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,597 ✭✭✭brevity

I got the entire series of Life is Strange for a 5-er. Heard good things about it so looking forward to playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Going to buy a few items from my wishlist but can someone tell me if my laptop will play Assassin's Creed?

My specs are:
    Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-6200U Processor (dual core)
    RAM: 8 GB / Storage: 1 TB HDD
    Graphics: AMD Radeon R7 M440
    Sound: DTS Studio Sound

Required specs are:
    MINIMUM:
    Supported OS: Windows® XP/Windows Vista® (only)
    Processor: Dual core processor 2.6 GHz Intel® Pentium® D or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 3800+ (Intel Core® 2 Duo 2.2 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ or better recommended)
    System Memory: Windows XP: 1 GB RAM / Windows Vista: 2 GB RAM
    Video Card: 256 MB DirectX® 10.0-compliant video card or DirectX 9.0-compliant card with Shader Model 3.0 or higher (*see supported list)
    Sound Card: DirectX 9.0 or 10.0-compliant sound card (5.1 sound card recommended)
    DirectX Version: Direct X 9.0 (Windows XP) or 10.0 (Windows Vista) libraries
    Hard Disk: 8 GB available hard disk space

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Going to buy a few items from my wishlist but can someone tell me if my laptop will play Assassin's Creed?

My specs are:
    Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-6200U Processor (dual core)
    RAM: 8 GB / Storage: 1 TB HDD
    Graphics: AMD Radeon R7 M440
    Sound: DTS Studio Sound

Required specs are:
    MINIMUM:
    Supported OS: Windows® XP/Windows Vista® (only)
    Processor: Dual core processor 2.6 GHz Intel® Pentium® D or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 3800+ (Intel Core® 2 Duo 2.2 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ or better recommended)
    System Memory: Windows XP: 1 GB RAM / Windows Vista: 2 GB RAM
    Video Card: 256 MB DirectX® 10.0-compliant video card or DirectX 9.0-compliant card with Shader Model 3.0 or higher (*see supported list)
    Sound Card: DirectX 9.0 or 10.0-compliant sound card (5.1 sound card recommended)
    DirectX Version: Direct X 9.0 (Windows XP) or 10.0 (Windows Vista) libraries
    Hard Disk: 8 GB available hard disk space

Yes easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Happy enough with my Haul and keeping it to 50 quid

Rome II Total War and a good few DLC
    Alien Isolation and all DLC
    Knights of the old republic 1&2 (bought both of these for a fiver. Just handier then finding my discs haha)
    Ryse Son of Rome (heard this was ****e when it came out for Xbox, but I'm absolutely loving it. And for a fiver !

Might have been one or two more bits in forgetting !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Spend 30 quid this year. First year in a while spending anything.

Got a few old games I missed out on.

Got the first dark souls as they are a series that passed me by and I wanted to give it a try at least.

Got the Indie game sunless sea.

Got Bulletstorm. Had it on the 360 but misplaced it so just wanted it to have it for a playthrought every once in a while.

Also got Dishonored. Heard it was good. Never played it.

Oh and Quake 4 as well. Had it before but lost the hard copy.

Tempted to get Dying Light The Following Enhanced Edition for €20. Worth it?

Joshua J wrote:
    Yes easily.

Thanks! Got it and played an hour this evening. Not a bother! :D

Also bought Lego Star Wars complete edition, Final Fantasy IV, The Witcher Adventure Game and Tomb Raider 3. Stuck to my budget of 20 euro.

I'm pretty happy with my little haul...except that I have an assignment due the 4th Jan so I can't spend all my time gaming! :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Contrast
    Panzer Corps
    Detective Grimoire
    Dead Rising 3
    Homeworld Remastered Collection
    HELLDIVERS

Should keep me going for a year - just under 50e.

Well gave Dishonoured 2 a try and it wasnt running well on my machine but I knew it'd be a bit of a gamble when I bought it. So requested a refund for that. Hopefully I'll get the funds back before the sale ends.

I havent requested a refund from Steam before. Does it take long to get the funds back?

Mr E wrote: »

If you have Dying Light its a no brainer, if you dont its fcuking awesome.

Prepare to be afraid of the dark :D
    I havent requested a refund from Steam before. Does it take long to get the funds back?

few hours for my last one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

The price for sales on Day 1...is that it ?...it won't get any lower ?

Civ6 ....10% off ?.....no chance !!

SeantheMan wrote: »
    The price for sales on Day 1...is that it ?...it won't get any lower ?

Civ6 ....10% off ?.....no chance !!

Yeah cos of refunds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Glebee

Does that have the original games as well or just the DLC stuff. ??

Glebee wrote: »
    Does that have the original games as well or just the DLC stuff. ??

It's the full Dying Light game, plus all DLC, plus The Following (which is big enough to be considered as a separate game), plus lots of enhancements that make the base game better.

Read here for more: http://attackofthefanboy.com/reviews/dying-light-the-following-enhanced-edition-review/

I have no self control whatsoever...I just bought the Portal bundle, Subnautica and The Witcher (the real Witcher this time!).

I'm done buying games now. I swear!

I'd say it's worth it. It's a far better dead island, with an excellent movement system. I didn't finish it, but got a good 15-20 hours on it, and really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,397 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Doom
    Sunless sea
    Jack box 3 (great fun on christmas day)
    Space marine
    Duck game
    Ultimate chicken horse

• Advertisement

Not much yesterday or today that interests me. Thankfully :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

Event[0], Resident Evil 0 / biohazard 0 HD Remaster, Singularity and Evochron Mercenary are my total purchases.

Since when has steam required you to authorize them for n future transactions rather than just authorize a single payment? Yes fast checkout is nice but I'd rather have the extra security check still in place.

By clicking Agree and continue I confirm that I want to use Visa x-XXXX for my current and future purchases with WWW.Steampowered.com. I authorize WWW.Steampowered.com to charge my PayPal account for such purchases and I instruct PayPal to pay such amounts. I understand this lets me check out faster by not having to log in to PayPal to complete my purchase. I understand that if I have a PayPal balance, that balance will be used first and that if my preferred payment method is expired or declined, PayPal will charge my backup payment method. I can change my preferred funding source or cancel this authorisation at any time in my PayPal Account. The payments will be treated by PayPal as Pre-Approved Payments as specified in the PayPal User Agreement.

B92E891310A431AA7C80F61C3C71B2D24906965A

if anyone gets dying light add me, I want to kill this mofo and i dont think it will be easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭pawrick

Just picked up:
    Total War: Warhammer
    Civilization Beyond Earth and the rising tide DLC
    Only recently bought all the DLC for Civ 5 so have some time to go yet before getting bored and moving on to Civ 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i picked up oxenfree and i have to say that game is fantastic i didnt expect it to hook me the way it did. well worth picking up was only 4.99 the other day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I picked up ABZU, The Turing Test, Firewatch and Orwell for €40. Looking forward to getting stuck into these! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Steam sales used to be an event where you would log in every day at 6 waiting to see what the offers are for the next day or two which forced you to buy impulsively
    then there was the flash sales again causing you to reach for your wallet in fear of missing a bargain
    There were games which sent you off doing quests on Steam in order to qualify for free stuff some invariably making you buy more games usually cheap indie ones and making you actually play them
    now what do we have
    "right there's your lot, oh eh you can get a couple of free cards by looking through **** you know you are never going to buy. Good luck!"

Skerries wrote: »
    Steam sales used to be an event where you would log in every day at 6 waiting to see what the offers are for the next day or two which forced you to buy impulsively
    then there was the flash sales again causing you to reach for your wallet in fear of missing a bargain
    There were games which sent you off doing quests on Steam in order to qualify for free stuff some invariably making you buy more games usually cheap indie ones and making you actually play them
    now what do we have
    "right there's your lot, oh eh you can get a couple of free cards by looking through **** you know you are never going to buy. Good luck!"

Step 1. EU prepare to bitch slap steam
    Step 2. Steam implements refunds
    Step 3. Flash Sales disappear

The end of fun sales was always unavoidable.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I'd love to know though if revenue down in the sales compared to the previous setup.

If it is costing them a fortune I'd imagine they are coming up with a way to handle it. It's also a little bit unfair on online retailers that they can't put a hiatus on sale-item refunds like retail outlets do. Also, unless the product is faulty, retail outlets aren't obliged to refund for change of mind.

I for one am spending a fraction of what I used to spend on the sales. Only picked up Life is Strange for a fiver so far in this sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I'd love to know though if revenue down in the sales compared to the previous setup.

If it is costing them a fortune I'd imagine they are coming up with a way to handle it. It's also a little bit unfair on online retailers that they can't put a hiatus on sale-item refunds like retail outlets do. Also, unless the product is faulty, retail outlets aren't obliged to refund for change of mind.

I for one am spending a fraction of what I used to spend on the sales. Only picked up Life is Strange for a fiver so far in this sale.
    1. Print more money cards.
    2. Profit.
    3. Profit.
    4. Profit.

I've come to appreciate the way the sales are now. I prefer being able to take my time in deciding.

Obviously the deeper discounts are missed but honestly I dont miss impulse buying stuff because they're cheap. Just ended up with loads of games that wouldnt get played anytime soon. At least when I buy stuff now it's stuff I will play soon.

Besides if you shop around on other sites you can pick up better discounts on some stuff anyway.

The card thing is ok as well. Not much fun but its free money at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

dreamers75 wrote: »
    B92E891310A431AA7C80F61C3C71B2D24906965A

if anyone gets dying light add me, I want to kill this mofo and i dont think it will be easy.

Over 80hours up on it now... Game is best with friends... If you want add me and I'm on and off Dying light, have 3 other friends that I play with as well. Steam: locknloadeire

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Taylor365 wrote: »
    1. Print more money cards.
    2. Profit.
    3. Profit.
    4. Profit.

The card thing is ok as well. Not much fun but its free money at the end of the day.

This the trading cards thing? I've never really paid much heed to them since they came out. I've never gotten a random drop it says I need after earning the 3 or 4 by gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Got around to checking out the sale today, picked up Ori and the Blind Forest, VA-11 HALL-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action, Unepic, The Warlock of Firetop Mountain and Hacknet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I prefer the sale being the way it is now, that way I'm not checking every day and waiting for prices to drop further or making purchases that i'll never play.

I doubt their profits are lower because were buying less games and paying more compared to a few years ago where nearly everything was 75% off, some times it was 90% off.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Tempted by owl boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Tempted by owl boy.

Waiting for the price to drop more, should be half price in the indie sale in March.

I might get To the Moon also. The reviews are tempting me.

Xenji wrote: »
    Waiting for the price to drop more, should be half price in the indie sale in March.

I'm playing it at the moment and while I'm mostly enjoying it I'd agree with this. I think 50% off would be the point where its worth buying.

• Advertisement
Advertisement