Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Text Selection

• 05-11-2016 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭

Anyone notice on their Mac that when they select text and very quickly start typing the cursor ends up in the wrong place and what your typing comes out backwards?

To reproduce i need to use mouse to select and start typing straight away.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Never experienced this. Is it system-wide? Check your keyboard and region settings. Could also be a font problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Albert_Camus

Never experienced this. Is it system-wide? Check your keyboard and region settings. Could also be a font problem.

Maybe text fields in browsers...

If you have a word and select it with the mouse from the end of word to the beginning and then just start typing straight away.

Here is an example of it typing over itself after selection.

http://i.imgur.com/paX924W.gifv

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

i'm not able to reproduce this on a trackpad.

i'm not able to reproduce this on a trackpad.

Cool. I'm using trackpad too but thanks for trying though. Must be something my end.

• Advertisement
Advertisement