Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building New Gaming Pc

• 05-11-2016 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi My budget is 700€ i saw a gaming pc on greenit. Here is the spec
    Dell Alienware Aurora ALX
    i7 Procesor (8MB Cache – up to 4.0Ghz)
    NVidia GTX 295 Video Card
    6 GB RAM
    1TB Hard Drive
    Liquid Cooling System
    DVD-RW
    Windows 7 Pro
    or should I build it my self Thanks regards Johnny

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Hi, definitely self build. Nothing wrong with buying second hand either, but that PC is worth about €200, if even - it's 8 years old and wouldn't be able to play any new games at all. If you don't want to build, €700 would also buy you a very nice pre-built new machine with warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 tripwire

Hi TerrorFirmer thanks for your advise i've heard scan co uk have good offers do u know any other good websites to buy off

Hi TerrorFirmer wat about this one here is the spec on compu-zone
    CompuZone AMD-6400 Dual Core 4.1 Ghz 120GB SSD HD Graphics 21.5" Gaming PC Bundle

Brand New
    AMD-6400 Dual Core 4.1 Ghz
    8GB RAM
    120GB SSD
    Radeon HD 8470D
    21.5" LED Widescreen Monitor

€524.12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Hi, that is also incredibly low spec, there is no way it would be able to play any new games even at the lowest possible settings. Something like http://www.laptopsdirect.ie/stormforce-tornado-core-i3-6100-8gb-1tb-geforce-gtx-1060-3gb-dvd-rw-windows-7280-5310/version.asp is well within budget and gives you a bit to buy a screen to go with it, all the latest games would run at high-ultra just fine.

That last one you posted wouldn't run the latest games even at the lowest possible settings. It would be OK for Minecraft and maybe a bit of FIFA but not much else.

Thanks again not going to rush into thinks had a look at adverts dont want to buy second hand sorry i think i'll build myself talk to u later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

tripwire wrote: »
    Hi TerrorFirmer wat about this one here is the spec on compu-zone
    CompuZone AMD-6400 Dual Core 4.1 Ghz 120GB SSD HD Graphics 21.5" Gaming PC Bundle

Brand New
    AMD-6400 Dual Core 4.1 Ghz
    8GB RAM
    120GB SSD
    Radeon HD 8470D
    21.5" LED Widescreen Monitor

€524.12
    I'm not even sure I'd take that if it was free!

Advertisement