Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

easy back up DVD r

Options
  • 05-11-2016 5:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

Total novice to all this. I have loads of dvd+r/-r which I want to copy to hard drive.
    What would be the easiest way to do this?
    Any free software? Or I've seen something called video grabber on eBay, would something like that work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

stressed70 wrote: »
    Total novice to all this. I have loads of dvd+r/-r which I want to copy to hard drive.
    What would be the easiest way to do this?
    Any free software? Or I've seen something called video grabber on eBay, would something like that work?

It's movie files on the DVDs I take it?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Handbrake will do this and it's free. May not work for copy protected discs though. You can see here for a guide

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭stressed70

not movies, it's just everything & anything really all recorded from tv over the years

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

not movies, it's just everything & anything really all recorded from tv over the years

Depending on the file types you may be able to just copy all the stuff off the discs onto your hard drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

From a command terminal, something like...

cp -R /dev/dvd/media/* ~/mydir/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

ToDo Backup Free can do this. I'm assuming you are using windows

Nick

Advertisement